Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried that at the 3 week mark for me. It got me nothing except chastised for looking at forums :) I explained to the nice lady that forums was the only way to get ANY status at all about what is going. If Tesla wanted to provide me better status I would be glad to listen. She had nothing to add after that.

Well she is right. This thread really accomplishes nothing as far as predicting your delivery date because it's all based upon speculation. We don't know how the production or the distribution is being done and people are coming up with wild speculations based upon minimal and meaningless data.

I've order many things where I have had to wait and it is normal not to hear anything until it is ready for delivery. To expect otherwise is to have unrealistic expectations.

Reactions: shanif and eloder
Well she is right. This thread really accomplishes nothing as far as predicting your delivery date because it's all based upon speculation. We don't know how the production or the distribution is being done and people are coming up with wild speculations based upon minimal and meaningless data.

I've order many things where I have had to wait and it is normal not to hear anything until it is ready for delivery. To expect otherwise is to have unrealistic expectations.

People wouldn't need to speculate if they had ANY information. Why not publish configuration build dates by week? At least the rep would be able to give an estimate over which 3 week period your car would be estimated to be built.

Just installed my outlet yesterday! Also ordered a few accessories, of course... Less than a week!

Just got a quote from Carmax for my current car (still waiting on the appraisal from Tesla), and installing 14-50 outlet tomorrow morning. I was tempted to call my SC today to ask a few questions about the registration process, but didn't want to disrupt what might be a busy day of deliveries

Oh wow that doesn't bode well -- I did mine yesterday and it has just been about 24 hours. Delivery is scheduled for 11/25. And I have not put in the financing app since I want to know the trade-in amount.

Financing secured! Got a text that delivery can be moved up by two days to 11/23 - Black Friday! Still no update on Mazda 3 Trade-in.

VIN assigned and available: 5YJ3E1EA4JF152730

Any reason why you’re not just selling it yourself? I got 2500$ more selling my Prius myself over doing a trade in. Well worth it.
How much was your Prius? I think when cars get over a certain amount like ~10k, it gets hard to do private party sale due to the fear of scams. I'm trying to unload a car which carmax offered 26k and there are no bites on the various sites including CL.

How much was your Prius? I think when cars get over a certain amount like ~10k, it gets hard to do private party sale due to the fear of scams. I'm trying to unload a car which carmax offered 26k and there are no bites on the various sites including CL.

Exactly. The Mazda has 104k miles on it (2008 model year). I could probably get a few hundred bucks more selling private party but it is going to take a long time and I just don't have the time.

We know that many on this forum are receiving their Tesla within the next couple of weeks. What are people doing to get ready for their delivery in the meantime? other than securing their loan and adding insurance.

Purchasing accessories:

1. Tesla Chrome Badging for trunk area
2. Taptes Wireless Charging
3. White Console Wrap
4. Upgraded all interior lights incl trunk
5. Model 3 trunk mat
6. Splitter to run wireless charger and teslacam
7. Chrome Lug Nuts and Center Caps ( removing black caps on 19in wheels
8. Identified detailer to Paint Correct, Ceramic Coat, PPF, Window Tint. May also have rotors painted red.

Needless to say, I’ve never been more ready! My Model S is a lease, so I didn’t want to throw any money/modifications into it.

Reactions: RedT
Just got my VIN!! Reserved reveal night, ordered 10/22, 10/30 mishap reorder, text on Nov 5th about nov 24th delivery and just got it! Midnight silver, aeros, black int, no EAP...1 week to go!
Friendly reminder to all since Q3, VINs are programmed to appear exactly 1 week before scheduled delivery. Presumably they started doing this to cut down on calls when VINs were switched previously

• Informative
Reactions: Warden182
Question .. If I'm trading in my current vehicle can I go to carmax ahead of time to get a quote before Tesla offers me theirs?
You don't have to do it ahead of time. You can do it at the last moment. Keep in mind that CarMax's quotes are only valid for a very short time, like a week or so. So it makes sense to get a quote from them a week before the delivery date to be safe.