Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up for Texans. You should have your Financing as early as possible. This could delay your delivery.
Here is a snippet from the email I got from my DA.
"Keep in mind, per state regulations, Texas purchases will need to have the vehicle fully funded and contract signed before shipping your Model 3 from California to Texas."

Some folks need to understand that Telsa is not your traditional car company. It hasn't been around for decades like some others have such as a GM or a Toyota. I would imagine most, if not all, of you who have ordered the MR are doing so because of the technology (e.g., EAP, all electric) and NOT because of the customer service. If missing out on the $7,500 is a big deal to you, then maybe this isn't the car for you. At the $50K price point, you have so many options (e.g., i3, Bolt) where you can buy and drive it today.
yes, because the bolt is clearly equal, and i piss hundreds. No, but at least i dont write full bs.

This thread fully illustrates why Tesla should NOT produce a cheap SR version. There is no business value in trying to cater to the cheapest of the cheap. Tesla does not need to be the Wal-Mart of the auto industry. They have 1 factory and a TENT. That's it. Build the SR when you have 5 factories and a year+ supply of surplus batteries.

As a potential Tesla owner, if you are struggling over a $3,750 tax break YOU SHOULD NOT BE PURCHASING A NEW CAR that is going to lose 30%+ of it's value in the first 2 years. Invest that money in TSLA stock and wait 2 years until you have more free cash.

Tesla has the fastest production SUV, the fastest production sedan and the soon to be fastest production exotic cars on the planet. Their product should be priced accordingly. You are buying the most advanced production vehicle made and crying about a lack of communication on a car that is minimum 4 years ahead of the competition. Is it a poor customer experience. Yes! It is terrible. Go complain on Twitter.

What is the point of arguing with other members on this thread? If you can't afford the car, can't afford to wait or don't like the customer service walk away. I hear Jaguar, BMW and Mercedes all have "Tesla Killers" coming out. I'm sure you'll like their products more. (sarcasm)

This thread fully illustrates why Tesla should NOT produce a cheap SR version. There is no business value in trying to cater to the cheapest of the cheap. Tesla does not need to be the Wal-Mart of the auto industry. They have 1 factory and a TENT. That's it. Build the SR when you have 5 factories and a year+ supply of surplus batteries.

As a potential Tesla owner, if you are struggling over a $3,750 tax break YOU SHOULD NOT BE PURCHASING A NEW CAR that is going to lose 30%+ of it's value in the first 2 years. Invest that money in TSLA stock and wait 2 years until you have more free cash.

Tesla has the fastest production SUV, the fastest production sedan and the soon to be fastest production exotic cars on the planet. Their product should be priced accordingly. You are buying the most advanced production vehicle made and crying about a lack of communication on a car that is minimum 4 years ahead of the competition. Is it a poor customer experience. Yes! It is terrible. Go complain on Twitter.

What is the point of arguing with other members on this thread? If you can't afford the car, can't afford to wait or don't like the customer service walk away. I hear Jaguar, BMW and Mercedes all have "Tesla Killers" coming out. I'm sure you'll like their products more. (sarcasm)

I love Tesla but I do not subscribe to this elitist mentality.

Reactions: jsrawa
Hi, all. I am a reservation holder since June 2017. I had originally ordered a white LR RWD, and was given a delivery date of Oct. 18. I had not received confirmation or a VIN number by Oct. 20. The MR was announced Oct. 19, so I called to change my order to a deep blue MR RWD with sport wheels and black/white interior. After several iterations, Tesla got the order and pricing correct, without the $1,000 increase. They show an order date of October 31.

Having read and heard about the "problems" with white interior production and with Texas deliveries, the delay caused me concern. My DA in Las Vegas sent me a link to Elon's 11/30 "promise", and has assured me of a December delivery. She also said Tesla would refund my $3,500 if that doesn't happen, with her email as proof. I don't know what else Tesla could do to act in good faith.

I for one would like to see a guarantee of $3500 discount if you don't get your car by 1159, Dec 31 if you order by Nov 30 to make up for the lost tax credit. Even if you get your car by then, some will have to reschedule delivery appointments or will reject their car due to quality.

I got a "thanks for ordering" message the day I ordered the car. I don't need anymore "thank you" emails. Even if Tesla updated you on the car, you'd still be pissed. Imagine Tesla updating you every week on the status of your car.

"Week 1 update...we haven't started on your car yet. Thanks for ordering"
"Week 2 update...we haven't started on your car yet. Thanks for ordering"
"Week 3 update...we haven't started on your car yet. Thanks for ordering"

You'd be even more pissed that you are now. And, I don't know about you, but if I deal with customer service that's as bad as you say it is, I take my business elsewhere.

What if Tesla provided a system similar to not only a "on wait" que line, but also had tech similar to the domino's delivery tracker? So people could be in the loop and feel good as their car is being built, "virtually".

Reactions: sidmini
What if Tesla provided a system similar to not only a "on wait" que line, but also had tech similar to the domino's delivery tracker? So people could be in the loop and feel good as their car is being built, "virtually".

Even a weekly update like this would satisfy me:
10/19 - order received
10/20 - order modification complete and updated
10/25 - referral code accepted
10/30 - we haven’t done jack shoot, but it’s coming
11/15 - sitting on my desk, I swear it’s coming
11/22 - visiting family and arguing about politics
11/23 - fighting in Walmart
11/25 - in hospital, will get to order as soon as I’m discharged
11/28 - got MRSA
12/01 - I’m ****ing dead, but your order is on the next guy’s desk and he’s pretty responsible
12/03 - starting manufacturing
12/07 - Delivery this week.

I think GM has different status for their products on order and if you find a nice dealer they will tell you the latest.
Maybe Tesla database only has several status
-order made with deposit
-VIN assigned
-delivered
Everything is in another system or freeform notes.

Canceled my MR before VIN. Don’t need two 3s and was much easier tracking down a LR we want. Id rather know than not know and promises and the mad house of delivery by the end of December. Good luck with your MRs! I’m sure you will get them it’s just when? Also, start applying for 3rd party loans NOW.

Things are quite archaic at T. Issuing a $2,500 refund takes 30-60 BY CHECk! With no tracking. And $1000 reservation takes a few days back to your credit card. For a tech heavy company they are definitely not using the right systems that talk to each other and too many cooks in the kitchen. Getting a $60k check cut by credit union was easier.

Funny. For some it’s about what they want to spend for a car with EAP etc...many can afford a lot of things they they choose not to purchase.

Many people here are trying to be smart with money vs being cheap. Many of them will still probably buy a Tesla. It’s not really the credit at this point - it’s more about understanding their final cost to budget for EAP or they want to finalize their loan.

Reactions: Scott7
Things are quite archaic at T. Issuing a $2,500 refund takes 30-60 BY CHECk! With no tracking. And $1000 reservation takes a few days back to your credit card. For a tech heavy company they are definitely not using the right systems that talk to each other and too many cooks in the kitchen. Getting a $60k check cut by credit union was easier.

I had two Model 3 reservations and decided to cancel one and keep my S. I cancelled on a Saturday night at almost midnight, Monday morning the funds were in my checking account. It depends on the variables.

Question for those who have already taken delivery. When your purchase order is ready, how do you receive it? Will they email it? Send a text message that it is available in your account? Or did you just open your account and it was there?

Also, how far in advance of delivery did you receive the actual purchase agreement?

Thank you!

I had two Model 3 reservations and decided to cancel one and keep my S. I cancelled on a Saturday night at almost midnight, Monday morning the funds were in my checking account. It depends on the variables.
Are you just referring to the $1000 reservation or the $1000 and the $2,500 deposit?
It went to your checking? Not your credit card?
In both cases I used a credit card for the $1,000 and $2,500.