Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to wonder if I should have opted for autopilot. Would changing my configuration to include autopilot push me further down the queue?

I’m in the same boat re: EAP. I’ve heard of some people getting a trial offer, and if purchased within trial period, EAP is $5500, rather than the $7000 if added after delivery. If I recall correctly, the EAP feature is basically unlocked on Tesla’s end, then pushed to the vehicle. I could be completely off base here....

Good luck :) Hopefully you can get some type of useful status.

I saw your posts earlier about this. I’ve never heard of anyone else getting that 8 weeks comment, that is highly unusual. It’s easier for them to have a SC pickup over a home delivery, and if anything you should be able to get the car sooner with a SC pickup (like what happened with me). I would definitely call Tesla’s main line as well as your local SC to get them to make the change and update you on the car’s whereabouts. Good luck!
Thanks guys, just called in! They told me my car is already here and moved my delivery date up to 12/1 from 12/12 :D

Picking it up at Owings Mills

Reactions: Cyclone and shanif
Took delivery yesterday! Car has been great so far and no cosmetic or build issues we could see. It did take about a half hour of driving for the sensors to configure other vehicles for the screen, prior to seeing the vehicles it showed arches indicating a car was next to us. So if you think something may be a little off with the display, give it some time. Have driven about 150 miles and getting used to the drive, controls, etc.

Picked-up at Mt. Kisco (NY) and they were running slow. Seemed short handed and employees were commenting on DMV issues. Since it was a Sunday, it sounded like there was very minimal support from the DMV which resulted in a lot of waiting around for paperwork. We ended up being there about 4 hours from when we checked in to when we drove away. Wasn't the smoothest car purchase experience (and yes, communication leading up to it was junk), but I'm a very happy camper today :)

Good luck to everyone else waiting on delivery! I have to say from my own experience so far it was worth the wait.

Thanks. I got notified by txt and email exactly at 0950 AM. I logged in later that day and saw my VIN and appt info.

Decided to "unwatch" the thread and only check once in a while.

So you had an email and text on Sunday? They are working overtime. You have been active in the discussion so will be really nice if you can please give us a timeline of what changes you have seen on your online account page (edit button disappear, vin, etc.) and communication dates from Tesla so far and as you go through the process in the days till delivery? Not sure the online tracker captures that.

picking up tomorrow. tesla really dragging on the trade-in process. waiting to hear on that today (i hope). did my original one at beginning of month and then again on saturday and had to submit AGAIN today....

where can i find the latest delivery check list? want to make sure im not grabbing an outdated one.

IMHO we really need to see some more deliveries scheduled this week if Tesla is going to work through all these orders by Dec 31st.

Not really. There's somewhere around 240 MR orders in the tracker, you think only 240 people throughout the country got an MR???? There could be lots of people who have deliveries scheduled already. When people show up to pick up cars and they're swamped, what, do you think they're all forum members???? Come on, use some basic math skills.

Not really. There's somewhere around 240 MR orders in the tracker, you think only 240 people throughout the country got an MR???? There could be lots of people who have deliveries scheduled already. When people show up to pick up cars and they're swamped, what, do you think they're all forum members???? Come on, use some basic math skills.

Whoa, you don’t have to make it a personal attack. I never said there was only 240, calm down. I don’t even understand how you got this from my comment.

finally got my trade in done (with one day to spare). almost 7k discrepancy from the "preliminary" estimate given to me when i took my test drive oct 23. definitely got screwed over there. not sure i have any recourse at this point with delivery being less than 24 hours away. :mad: