Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, that is the ONE user that used the tracking sheet that said they had a white interior and had a delivery date. Which, looks like is actually true. I was assuming for some time it was an input error.

So interesting that only 1 of the 200 people on the tracking sheet for white has 1) got a car delivered and 2) is the ONLY one that is even scheduled.

Maybe all the white ones are for people NOT on the forums? Seems possible but statistically unlikely. Maybe this user got the demo/test build white interior for the Mid Range. Kind of like the person that got the first MR overall got it within like 10 days of the announcement.

Doh! I knew his name sounded familiar. You're right, I think he got a demo build.

Damn, I was hoping it was the floodgates opening...

I seriously need something else to obsess about :)

Called Tesla today they had me as home delivery which was automatic because of where I live relative to delivery location. Changed to pick up at delivery center because they said it would be faster. 5 weeks and waiting for that magical text from 510 area code.
AZ NON OWNER no previous reservation
MR Black/Black/Aero/No EAP

Also in Az, I called and asked for Fremont pick up. Figured a road trip would be fun. Spoke with Vegas call center rep and he said I would have to tell the DA once my VIN/delivery dates are set up.
He was pretty confident that I would see a VIN this week or around the week of 12/3.

Ordered 10/24
Non reservation/not a previous owner
MR
White exterior
Black interior
Aero’s
EAP

Reactions: AZEVOWNER
Come on, man. Tesla isn't searching the forums and somehow linking forum usernames with accounts registered to tesla.com and then holding back deliveries to these people. The guy who had a delivery is an anomaly.

Not what I said. In fact I basically agreed with what you said, even though you said I disagreed. You implied that I meant that they were holding them back specifically for people on the forums, but what I was saying that we only have a limited sampling size of users, so there is a statistical chance that people are getting white deliveries, just that we don't have enough users on the forums that surfaces that fact.

But, that does not seem likely as we do have a good volume of white interior users on the tracking sheet, with NONE having deliveries. I could probably build some geeky charts and statistical models for this, but I'm too lazy :)

Not what I said. In fact I basically agreed with what you said, even though you said I disagreed. You implied that I meant that they were holding them back specifically for people on the forums, but what I was saying that we only have a limited sampling size of users, so there is a statistical chance that people are getting white deliveries, just that we don't have enough users on the forums that surfaces that fact.

But, that does not seem likely as we do have a good volume of white interior users on the tracking sheet, with NONE having deliveries. I could probably build some geeky charts and statistical models for this, but I'm too lazy :)

I reserved on 3/31/16 (day 0) and ordered MR white interior. I’m interested to see if my reservation prioritizes my delivery.

Also in Az, I called and asked for Fremont pick up. Figured a road trip would be fun. Spoke with Vegas call center rep and he said I would have to tell the DA once my VIN/delivery dates are set up.
He was pretty confident that I would see a VIN this week or around the week of 12/3.

Ordered 10/24
Non reservation/not a previous owner
MR
White exterior
Black interior
Aero’s
EAP
My Rep was tight lipped on when I would expect a vin assignment. I really can't complain considering the folks who reserved in 2016. Nontheless, I'm like a kid in the candy store..

Don’t count on a reply via text. I would call the service center to schedule delivery.

Another update, Tesla reached out this morning saying it's available 11/30 from 3-5pm, Direct Delivery at home.

Full history:
  • Ordered 10/18 around 10PM Pacific
  • MSM, Black, 18" Aero, non-EAP
  • No reservation but current 3LR owner
  • SoCal (Chino Hills)
  • Paying cash
  • Email 11/26, "car is ready 12/5 for Direct Delivery"
  • Text 11/27 evening, "earlier date available, reply YES to respond", replied within 30 minutes
  • Text 11/28 morning, "new delivery date 11/30"

Reactions: Darren F
Another update, Tesla reached out this morning saying it's available 11/30 from 3-5pm, Direct Delivery at home.

Full history:
  • SoCal (Chino Hills)
  • Paying cash
  • Text 11/27 evening, "earlier date available, reply YES to respond", replied within 30 minutes
Good to see SoCal started getting deliveries. Hope one day they will reach San Diego , CA

Full history:
  • SoCal (Chino Hills)
  • Paying cash
What service center?

My delivery is on Friday and my local credit union has been dragging their feet over past 4 days for approval. My delivery is scheduled on Friday.

If things don’t work out by tomorrow which I don’t expect, then can I reschedule to next week ? Does anyone know the process ? Maybe just call the local center and ask for reschedule ?

My delivery is on Friday and my local credit union has been dragging their feet over past 4 days for approval. My delivery is scheduled on Friday.

If things don’t work out by tomorrow which I don’t expect, then can I reschedule to next week ? Does anyone know the process ? Maybe just call the local center and ask for reschedule ?
What's causing them to drag their feet? I was pre-approved within 24 hours. That kinda sucks if you have to delay delivery because they're taking their sweet time.