Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update EDD today - Estimated Delivery: March 21 - March 30

MYLR5 MSM/W/20"/Tow
OD:1/19
EDD:3/28-3/31 VIN PF710XXX
So adding tow delayed it about 2.5 to 3 wks. I had the same build except no tow, your OD is before mine, and I'm in North Dakota. Are you picking it up yourself or having it delivered by independent carrier? I chose the latter, there was no notice except the day of, guy called me and said he'd be here in 3 hours, 3 weeks earlier than my EDD and it wasn't a reject or inventory. So be ready if you're doing the same thing it can happen all the sudden lol

Reactions: scionbox
So adding tow delayed it about 2.5 to 3 wks. I had the same build except no tow, your OD is before mine, and I'm in North Dakota. Are you picking it up yourself or having it delivered by independent carrier? I chose the latter, there was no notice except the day of, guy called me and said he'd be here in 3 hours, 3 weeks earlier than my EDD and it wasn't a reject or inventory. So be ready if you're doing the same thing it can happen all the sudden lol
I'll be going to pick it up at the EP store, hopefully I get enough warning to find a good day to go.
I checked on others who took delivery recently here. It seems that people got the message to schedule delivery 6 days in advance.

I have not gotten my email to schedule delivery yet. My current EDD is 3/17 (yes tomorrow) to 3/26. From the text message response with the 510 number, they expect to receive my car on 3/19 and expect to have it ready for me during next week.

Reactions: bekk
I checked on others who took delivery recently here. It seems that people got the message to schedule delivery 6 days in advance.

I have not gotten my email to schedule delivery yet. My current EDD is 3/17 (yes tomorrow) to 3/26. From the text message response with the 510 number, they expect to receive my car on 3/19 and expect to have it ready for me during next week.
Do you know the build date of your car? My recollection from the waiting for tesla site was that my build date was 3/10. Fingers crossed that it comes in around the 19th too. I am also picking up in EP.

Received the text/email notification at exactly 9am this morning to schedule delivery at the EP location. Dates were for next week Thurs - Sat (3/23 - 3/25). Yesterday my EDD had updated to 3/19 - 3/26. In the 10 min I was on the phone to coordinate window tint and PPF a lot of the early Thurs ones were filled. I'm quite local so I didn't need to be there right at 10am when they opened and was able to grab an 11am spot.

Received the text/email notification at exactly 9am this morning to schedule delivery at the EP location. Dates were for next week Thurs - Sat (3/23 - 3/25). Yesterday my EDD had updated to 3/19 - 3/26. In the 10 min I was on the phone to coordinate window tint and PPF a lot of the early Thurs ones were filled. I'm quite local so I didn't need to be there right at 10am when they opened and was able to grab an 11am spot.
Congrats!!! I am still anxiously waiting for my delivery scheduling text😁

Where you go for the tint and PPF? Any prior experience with these services? I want to get at least the front PPF.

Reactions: JessicaG

Where you go for the tint and PPF? Any prior experience with these services? I want to get at least the front PPF.

Just a follow up, did you find out if your car is at the EP showroom now? Or is it still in transit? I am very curious about their logistics and communication coordination.

Hi all! Haven’t posted in this forum before. Here are my deets in case helpful to anyone.

MYLR 7 seater/MSM/black/19/tow
OD: 1/13
EDD1: 2/21-3/28 (1/30)
EDD2: 2/19-3/19 (2/5)
EDD3: 3/2-3/30 (2/20)
EDD4: 3/6-3/20 (2/28)
Vin assigned 3/3, Fremont build, EDD: 3/17-3/24

texted SA on 3/9 to inquire status/location. He said it was currently in transit to IL

3/11: Schedule delivery text/email. Only dates available were 3/17 and 3/18. Since we‘re in SD and it’s over 4 hours to Eden Prairie, opted for the Saturday pick-up. Hoping weather doesn’t do anything crazy this week!🤞

So my only concern is… our drive home is over 200 miles. Obviously we’ll inspect the vehicle while at the dealership. But are they typically pretty firm on that 100 miles to log any issues?
I don't know anything about the 100 miles you referred too. Have you found anything to share with others here?

Any update on your delivery date?

Edit: Just saw your post in the 7-seater room that your delivery day is tomorrow. Hope everything goes well. And keep us posted.

I thought for SURE all of us would get deliveries on the same truck!

I'm going to Tint Pros/Platinum Wraps in Medina. I'm also a part of the Minnesota Tesla Club on Facebook and they are highly recommended there. I've been following their page and they do really good work and tend to work on more higher end vehicles (Tesla, Rivian, Range Rover, etc), They are not the cheapest but when comparing work, products, customer service to other places I've gone for tint I feel their prices are fair. They are also willing to help go through the car with a fine toothed comb and help me to submit any service tickets if they find any issues with the car. I'm tinting the front two windows to match the back and a partial PPF (front bumper, partial hood, and mirrors). They are going to review everything when I get there for my appt next week to make sure I understand everything correctly and said I could make changes last minute if I wanted to. For both tint and the front PPF will be just under $2k. You can do other options to bring the price up/down to fit your budget. I found them to be super knowledgeable, friendly and willing to work with me to get the best coverage/materials and stay under budget.

I thought for SURE all of us would get deliveries on the same truck!

I'm going to Tint Pros/Platinum Wraps in Medina. I'm also a part of the Minnesota Tesla Club on Facebook and they are highly recommended there. I've been following their page and they do really good work and tend to work on more higher end vehicles (Tesla, Rivian, Range Rover, etc), They are not the cheapest but when comparing work, products, customer service to other places I've gone for tint I feel their prices are fair. They are also willing to help go through the car with a fine toothed comb and help me to submit any service tickets if they find any issues with the car. I'm tinting the front two windows to match the back and a partial PPF (front bumper, partial hood, and mirrors). They are going to review everything when I get there for my appt next week to make sure I understand everything correctly and said I could make changes last minute if I wanted to. For both tint and the front PPF will be just under $2k. You can do other options to bring the price up/down to fit your budget. I found them to be super knowledgeable, friendly and willing to work with me to get the best coverage/materials and stay under budget.

Thank you SO much for sharing! I have never done either of the PPF or the tint with any professionals. So you gave me a very good expectation of the work and the price! I might do the same/similar like yours.

It is still in transit. When I was emailing my SA he said that I wouldn't get the text to schedule delivery until the car was actually on the way.

😭 Maybe they sent a truck load our way every day? Hope mine is just a day or two after yours.

If you were given Thurs-Saturday pick up window, maybe they are not doing delivery on Sunday. With the 6 days lead time, I hope to get my scheduling text before Monday because my EDD ends on 3/26 and the SA told me that I would pick up in the week of 20th :)

• Love
I don't know anything about the 100 miles you referred too. Have you found anything to share with others here?

Any update on your delivery date?

Edit: Just saw your post in the 7-seater room that your delivery day is tomorrow. Hope everything goes well. And keep us posted.

I thought I read someone on this forum that we have 3 days or 100 miles after pickup to report any issues with the car. I think it may just relate to cosmetic issues and not necessarily drive-related issues. 🤷‍♀️ guess I’ll find out tomorrow. I’ll let you all know how it goes!

For anyone who is interested to do the window tint for the car in Minnesota, the law is 50% (plus or minus 3%). I heard the story of being ticketed for the dark window but did not know the rules. Here it goes.

1679070466829.png

Last edited:
Thank you SO much for sharing! I have never done either of the PPF or the tint with any professionals. So you gave me a very good expectation of the work and the price! I might do the same/similar like yours.

😭 Maybe they sent a truck load our way every day? Hope mine is just a day or two after yours.

If you were given Thurs-Saturday pick up window, maybe they are not doing delivery on Sunday. With the 6 days lead time, I hope to get my scheduling text before Monday because my EDD ends on 3/26 and the SA told me that I would pick up in the week of 20th :)

Just talked to an EP agent, my car is still in transit to IL...... The estimated time to arrive at EP is 3/21 which means my earliest possible pick up date is 3/22.

The wait continues.

I picked mine up from the Rogers location exactly 2 months ago. Grabbed an instock unit a couple hours after the price cuts, 2k miles later and no issues. LR 19" from Fremont that came with matrix lights, mud flaps, ppf. Tires are solid moving through the MN snow but awful when you have to do some 90 degree turning like at an intersection etc. Def will be looking at different all seasons when the time comes to change but are adequate enough until then