Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minnesota Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well we picked up our new baby yesterday! Happy and healthy! She‘s absolutely perfect!

Really minimal panel gaps/misalignments (which tbh, I never would have even noticed had I not known to look for them). Drives perfectly, no issues at all.

And the pickup process was very smooth. The EP service advisors we spoke with were incredibly nice and helpful. The gal that we worked with was sooo nice, answered all our questions, and told us to take as long as we needed. Didn’t feel rushed at all. Fantastic experience overall. Well worth the two month wait! In love 🥰

Attachments

• BDC2CB19-264C-4DAE-A698-22EADCA49C7C.jpeg
    BDC2CB19-264C-4DAE-A698-22EADCA49C7C.jpeg
    686 KB · Views: 62
Well we picked up our new baby yesterday! Happy and healthy! She‘s absolutely perfect!

Really minimal panel gaps/misalignments (which tbh, I never would have even noticed had I not known to look for them). Drives perfectly, no issues at all.

And the pickup process was very smooth. The EP service advisors we spoke with were incredibly nice and helpful. The gal that we worked with was sooo nice, answered all our questions, and told us to take as long as we needed. Didn’t feel rushed at all. Fantastic experience overall. Well worth the two month wait! In love 🥰
What part of SD?

What part of SD?

Your post reminded me to update my location. 👍

Congrats!

@Tcorn @JessicaG I am too anxious to wait. I just called EP and was told that they are expecting my car late evening on 21st (tomorrow). Assuming yours will be there no later than mine:)

• Love
Reactions: Tcorn and JessicaG
I did ask the SA to let me know if I could pick it up earlier. They do put mud flaps and some PPF on them so maybe that's why Thursday pick up.
I confirmed the mud flaps and minimal PPF too. :-D Hopefully they do some cleaning after being on the road! I do have an appt immediately after I pick up on Thurs for more PPF and window tint so I'm fine with waiting until Thurs for pickup. Although I live super close to the EP SC so I could technically pick up early too.

Reactions: scionbox
I confirmed the mud flaps and minimal PPF too. :-D Hopefully they do some cleaning after being on the road! I do have an appt immediately after I pick up on Thurs for more PPF and window tint so I'm fine with waiting until Thurs for pickup. Although I live super close to the EP SC so I could technically pick up early too.
Mike from EP called me just now to see if I have any questions. He confirmed that my car is on their parking lot right now.

Few things I confirmed with him:
1. PPF and mud guards are installed by the EP office. So it is regional thing.
2. I have 72 hours and 100 miles to report any issues after pick up.
3. The car will be washed before pick up.

I don’t think there is a difference I pick up a day early but I still asked if that is an option. Mike said they are pretty busy tomorrow. If someone cancels, he will call me. Even if he calls, I might still stick to Thursday to meet my support group. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JessicaG
Mike from EP called me just now to see if I have any questions. He confirmed that my car is on their parking lot right now.

1. PPD and mud guards are installed by the EP office. So it is regional thing.

I don’t think there is a difference I pick up a day early but I still asked if that is an option. Mike said they are pretty busy tomorrow. If someone cancels, he will call me. Even if he calls, I might still stick to Thursday to meet my support group. :)
I ordered the Tasmanian floor mats. Hope it ships soon.

1. PPD and mud guards are installed by the EP office. So it is regional thing.

I also got a call from Mike at EP! He asked if I had any questions about delivery. I told him I expected to show up, look at my car, give Tesla a bunch of money and then drive away with my car. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I ordered the Tasmanian floor mats. Hope it ships soon.

I ended up going with floor mats by LDCRS - I scoured the forums here and they seemed pretty well-rated. They are expected to arrive towards the end of April. 🙃

I changed my appointment to 4pm Wed. Where are you getting your ppf done? Is there somewhere close by? I am in Bloomington. I got a quote from someone in Plymouth.

I also got a call from Mike at EP! He asked if I had any questions about delivery. I told him I expected to show up, look at my car, give Tesla a bunch of money and then drive away with my car. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I may drive up around 11 just to say hi since I am picking up Thursday 😀. I don't live far away and I already took the day off! I need to put some miles on before I drive north for the weekend...

I changed my appointment to 4pm Wed. Where are you getting your ppf done? Is there somewhere close by? I am in Bloomington. I got a quote from someone in Plymouth.
That's awesome! SO exciting! I'm taking the car to TintPros/Platinum Automotive, Medina location. They are super popular with local Tesla owners and work with the Eden Prairie Service Center. I mentioned to the SA there that I was taking the car in and he said they do a lot of work with them and if TintPros finds anything out of spec or needs a service ticket they trust TintPros and know they know the cars. I found them first on Facebook in the Minnesota Tesla Club group. There are a ton of pictures of their work so I feel confident going there. Price seems to be fair for the quality of work and materials they use. They were willing to work with me on my budget and gave me different options. They are also going to go through everything at my appt to make sure I understand and I can change my mind at any time. I'm feeling really confident about taking my car there.

Reactions: scionbox
I ended up going with floor mats by LDCRS - I scoured the forums here and they seemed pretty well-rated. They are expected to arrive towards the end of April. 🙃
I bought these from Amazon. Reviews were good and the price was right for the full set. We shall see if the Reviews were right!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230321_152756_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230321_152756_Chrome.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 39