Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, that's incorrect. The OS provides an API framework, but the developers of the apps write the widgets and they are not embedded in the OS or linked to OS updates except where they need specific functions provided by the update. If you think about it the OS would have to include the widget of every single app that wanted one even if you didn't have the app installed - which would very quickly become impossible to manage.

It used to be a similar situation for watchOS apps until Apple decoupled them a few years ago, the watchOS app was delivered as part of the iOS app so you couldn't have one without the other.
Now Tesla has fixed it, let us move on. It is a great car whatever your views are, there are hiccups whether it is in relation to the software or the vision of executing it but Tesla is willing to take that risk. Because most of the people who buy it are willing to buy into Elon's vision!

I'm not sure that I agree. Jobs had realised that, if he could make it work, a system for controlling a smart phone using fingers on the screen would provide a far more versatile interface. With auto wipe and auto high beam, the user derives no advantage from the underlying technology unless it provides a better result. Given that these systems, for example as implemented on my BMW 540i, work flawlessly using existing technology, there can be no advantage in developing an alternative way of trying to achieve the exact same thing.
My answer to this is Elon's vision of retractable wipers in the future does not work with mechanical sensors and radars. That needs AI interface and developing that now holistically in the car is the only way forward rather than using old technology. Imagine a Model 3 with retractable wipers with gorilla glass covered Frunk without any partition (just like the Cybertruck) that will look futurisitic in 2025.

You are bit late on this forum - just update your app to the new version, it is resolved and you don't need any workaround.
Other than even now we have been given miles instead of kilometres back, as usual Tesla have left a bug for us to find. ….
Just plugged in to charge and I have limit set at 280mi, Charge rate of 27mi/hr , range now at 194mi but ! ! Why oh why is it telling me that it’s added 4 km so far. Doesn’t matter really but come on Tesla who signs this off ?

Other than even now we have been given miles instead of kilometres back, as usual Tesla have left a bug for us to find. ….
Just plugged in to charge and I have limit set at 280mi, Charge rate of 27mi/hr , range now at 194mi but ! ! Why oh why is it telling me that it’s added 4 km so far. Doesn’t matter really but come on Tesla who signs this off ?
On a cheery note, may be Tesla is just replicating how randomly we use metrics and imperial measurements. We measure distance in miles and mileage in gallon but add petrol in litres (Tesla mimics this by adding electricity in kms) and still milk is sold in pints and mms/cms/foot rolls of randomly but do not use inches and continue to say in yards. May be Tesla is mimicking the British quirkiness I suppose. Happy Christmas

Last edited:
You are bit late on this forum - just update your app to the new version, it is resolved and you don't need any workaround.
Thanks for that. I had in fact updated the app but it made no difference. The problem eventually resolved itself and the phone reverted to miles after the installation of the OTA update on 24th December. Perhaps that was a complete coincidence but all is well now.

I spotted that last night and was bitching about it to OH. One really has to wonder at the lack of professionalism Tesla show - just slap something together and worry about it later.

Reactions: Filbert1884
Checked, only sentry mode, valet mode and speed limit mode. May be I don't have that as it is a lease car? or Not sure whether I have to do anything in driver profile?
I don't know how/if lease status affects things but this is how it looks:
IMG_0587 copy.png