Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Charger no longer included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can't believe him that the usage is super low. even the 14-50 adapter got sold out ever so often... and in preparation for my upcoming MYP, I already bought the 14-50 adapter :(

and what's next on the super low usage chop block? key card? back seat heater? horn? airbags?

Reactions: SJC3
can't believe him that the usage is super low. even the 14-50 adapter got sold out ever so often... and in preparation for my upcoming MYP, I already bought the 14-50 adapter :(

and what's next on the super low usage chop block? key card? back seat heater? horn? airbags?
Elon should post usage stats for transparency since he mentioned "low usage" reason.
IMO, some items should not be judged based on usage along. Things like flat tire repair kit (for some reason is not included with Tesla cars) and Mobile connector are needed in case of emergencies.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Everytime I drive by a super charger in town, I think to myself...... do these people not charge at home? They are always almost full. I only use one if in a pinch or on a trip. I guess a lot of people just do not charge at home. So I can see the logic in this. But they should have lowered the price of the car lol.

Yes, this is utter bullshitt. I am waiting for a Y and only drive 20-30 miles a day. I planned on using level one at home and at my parking garage (free) and now I will have to pay 400$ to do so. And not only that, but it is out of stock so I guess when I get my Y I'll just bring it home and leave it in the driveway until it I am able to have the privilege to pay 400 to order one. Garbage.
Yet you are going to buy the car anyway as will probably most who are complaining. Until sales begin to fall off Tesla will continue to cut everything they possibly can with pretty much no penalty.

I haven’t used airbags ever. They should obviously be removed to save money!

The Apple-Tesla analogy isn’t perfect but there are a lot of parallels in their rationales. As others have said, at least with smartphones Apple could reasonably make the argument that most if not all people had some sort of charger already. Tesla can’t make that argument with EVs.

I read that there are some countries that require all electronics to include ‘all necessary accessories’ and so required Apple to include a charger. I wonder if that applies to EVs, too?

• Love
Reactions: Rocky_H and 804son
I use MC at home with 6-50 outlet I still have from my previous EV Leaf. I also take MC at least once a year when I travel to NJ to charge at Parents in law house. I would think there will be more people like me vs WC peps. But maybe I am wrong. Reversal on charger policy is disappointing but survivable. Already looking in to the option of WC for home and keeping MC for travel emergencies.
P.S.
In reality I could have done it without charging at in laws since there are plenty of SC, it is just convenience thing. Also never needed MC as travel back up option ever. So maybe Elon is correct. But I don’t like it like many of us.

I use MC at home with 6-50 outlet I still have from my previous EV Leaf. I also take MC at least once a year when I travel to NJ to charge at Parents in law house. I would think there will be more people like me vs WC peps. It maybe I am wrong. Reversal on charger policy is disappointing but survivable. Already looking in to the option of WC for home and keeping MC for travel emergencies.
That's all fine and well for you. What about the individuals who have ordered a vehicle waiting months, and are now not getting what they were told they would get when entering into the purchase agreement?

Everytime I drive by a super charger in town, I think to myself...... do these people not charge at home? They are always almost full. I only use one if in a pinch or on a trip. I guess a lot of people just do not charge at home. So I can see the logic in this. But they should have lowered the price of the car lol.
I wonder if there are still folks who are burning off their free SC miles from referrals. Once I got down to the last month before my miles expired, I used the SCs a few times just to burn off the last of those free kWh.

Reactions: TomServo
People that live in apartments probably don't charge at home.
I wonder if there are still folks who are burning off their free SC miles from referrals. Once I got down to the last month before my miles expired, I used the SCs a few times just to burn off the last of those free kWh.
Mine expired last month. Lost 235 miles and yes, I did what you did LOL

Reactions: WhiteWi
That's all fine and well for you. What about the individuals who have ordered a vehicle waiting months, and are now not getting what they were told they would get when entering into the purchase agreement?
FYI I am waiting on MY like many others. I wasn’t promised Razen but I assume that MY will have it as well as other improvements. As I said I am disappointed in Elons decision but it is not the end of the world.

Reactions: buddhafree