Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 arriving December 28th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like more Model 3s are arriving in Southern California.
I am currently a Model S owner, and placed a deposit on the M3 the first day with a $1K deposit. I received an invite to configure on 11/24, and placed an order for a White M3, with an additional $2500 deposit. Received a call last week to setup a delivery. Currently scheduled for M3 delivery this Friday, with final payment due in a personal check or cashiers check...

Also, requested a quote to trade in my 2013 Model S 60, and was essentially offered $17,000 from Tesla; to me that means they are not interested in taking older model trade ins... opted to sell my MS myself at a better/more realistic price point.

Call the day of to confirm your pickup. My delivery was this afternoon but "we pinged your car, it's still in transit." They were going to notify me of the delay but who knows, I could've been half way into the 1 hour trip before finding out. Re-scheduled for Saturday delivery.

My delivery was supposed to be today, but they called 4 hours before to say the car is still in Fremont. I’m in SoCal.

They are massively disorganized. Very hard to get straight answers. They said Saturday for me too, but when pressed, they could not actually confirm because they do not know if it truly will ship this week

My car delivery was supposed to be tonight at Costa Mesa. They called an hour before delivery and said the vehicle isn’t ready and needs a firmware update. When asked if this can be done remotely, they said it’s not possible.

This was after I called around 1pm to confirm that delivery was still happening today. Very disorganized and upset about clearing my schedule for this. They rescheduled me tentatively for tomorrow but wouldn’t commit to it.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Also, requested a quote to trade in my 2013 Model S 60, and was essentially offered $17,000 from Tesla; to me that means they are not interested in taking older model trade ins... opted to sell my MS myself at a better/more realistic price point.

Have you gotten a quote from Carmax or anyone else yet? I'd be curious to know what you get for it.

I'm in TN (and I'm not sure I have budget to buy a Model S right away) so I'm not likely to be prospective buyer but if sub $20K Tesla's are going to be a thing I might have to keep my eyes open in 2018 and plan to have funds handy for such an occurrence.

Looks like more Model 3s are arriving in Southern California.
I am currently a Model S owner, and placed a deposit on the M3 the first day with a $1K deposit. I received an invite to configure on 11/24, and placed an order for a White M3, with an additional $2500 deposit. Received a call last week to setup a delivery. Currently scheduled for M3 delivery this Friday, with final payment due in a personal check or cashiers check...

Let me know if you have any trouble unloading that MS, I'd gladly give you $17,001 ;)

Looks like more Model 3s are arriving in Southern California....

I configured on 11/25. I have not received a VIN or an ETA. They offered me $15,400 for my 40...

Either I'm doing something wrong, or Tesla has basically sold all of their CPO cars. I've checked over the last few months and there are usually 0-2 cars for sale. I guess they don't want to be in that business anymore, hence the ridiculous offers on trades lately. Carmax gave me $40k for my 40 a year ago. I didn't even wash it.

• Informative
Reactions: Pkmmte and smac
Either I'm doing something wrong, or Tesla has basically sold all of their CPO cars. I've checked over the last few months and there are usually 0-2 cars for sale. I guess they don't want to be in that business anymore, hence the ridiculous offers on trades lately. Carmax gave me $40k for my 40 a year ago. I didn't even wash it.

There are ten on ev-cpo right now, but only three have autopilot and they're all P85Ds.

Very strange. The links from ev-cpo work, but when I use my browser I get no results.

upload_2017-12-27_15-56-11.png

I think you may actually have it right there, at least in the short term. There's been so much press presenting Tesla's deviation from its ideal production ramp schedule as if it were a "disaster" that they might not make it through (absurdly unlikely actually), that Tesla seems to be steering at full tilt towards maximizing the amount of cars produced converted to 2017 deliveries. Part of that full tilt move may well be blowing off dealing with the added time and complexity of trade-ins by giving trade in offers that I would agree seem ridiculous as you put it.