Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my LR AWD yesterday at Oakville. My car was sitting in the lot when I showed up and I was able to perform a thorough external inspection before even checking in. Once I checked in, the DA walked out with us and helped perform a second round of inspections and was very helpful! There were 3 very minor issues -

1. The driver side lower rocker panel trim had a slight gap. Most probably one of the trim pieces was not in all the way through.
2. The frunk had a slight misalignment with the fender on the driver side
3. "Cut here" emergency fire tag in the frunk was not visible

Issues 1 & 3 were addressed right away and 2. could be easily addressed by scheduling a mobile service. The paper work etc was a breeze and we were on our way home. This car was everything I had hoped and dreamed for!!

Last night I discovered that the included UMC won't charge on NEMA 14-50 or NEMA 5-15 at home. I know that my NEMA 14-50 is a known good outlet since my buddy has charged his Model S using his UMC twice. The "T" logo on the charge port flashes blue for several seconds and then turns into a solid red. Most likely a defective UMC and I have already scheduled a mobile service appointment.

Can you share pictures of 1 and 2?

Thanks for the report. Are you from the Okanagan?

SA now reports around 8 weeks for us. Sigh...

Nope, from Vancouver.

Here's a picture of the gap in the trunk.. does anyone else have this as well?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 126
Order date: 02/15/2020
1st text: 02/24/2020 2-4 we
2nd text: 03/09/2020 1-3 we
VIN on account: 03/17/2020
Schedule delivery: 03/18/2020
Model 3: P+, red, white, FSD

Delivery date is news to me. My DA in Calgary had been really good at keeping me in the loop. I look in my account tonight and, boom, I have a VIN and delivery date tomorrow. My MVPA is there, too. EhhhhhhhWhaaaaat???? Hopefully, someone will be in touch. Supposed to be delivered to Saskatoon. If correct, I’m glad I got mine built b4 the factory closed.

P3D Order - white on black

Order placed Wednesday March 18
- Sales advisor advised 3-4 weeks as cars were still in Cali

First text received Thursday March 19
- no replies to my text back

Phone call received today March 21
- Delivery moved up to end of March (29 or 30)
- Confirmed contactless pickup in Ottawa

Additional information by email after the phone call.
Car is supposed to arrive in Oakville tomorrow. After that, I will have a new date/time.
The third party transport was specifically because the car was in Brampton and not in Oakville.

Pickup scheduled for tomorrow, March 24, 2020 in Oakville.

Some notes about my pickup from the Sales Rep

A few further best practices we suggest for your delivery:
  • Feel free to bring your own pen for signing documents.
  • Watch the Model 3 walkthrough videos in advance of your appointment as we’ll be limiting in-vehicle orientations with our staff.
  • We’ll be hosting a series of online Owner’s Workshops where we discuss vehicle features, with links and dates/times listed below. “Zoom” meetings can be accessed by phone or computer, with larger devices making the slides easier to read. We suggest opening the link 5-10 minutes before the presentation time, in case you are prompted to allow/install an extension to play in your browser or for a quick download.

Looks like it has been quiet on here for a while.

Ordered on July 3rd a M3 SR+ for delivery in Calgary. Tesla website is showing 8-12 weeks! Has anyone else seen an 8-12 week timeline?Is that typically accurate?

I have a Long wait ahead and I’m looking forward to reading this forum to completion.

Looks like it has been quiet on here for a while.

Ordered on July 3rd a M3 SR+ for delivery in Calgary. Tesla website is showing 8-12 weeks! Has anyone else seen an 8-12 week timeline?Is that typically accurate?

I have a Long wait ahead and I’m looking forward to reading this forum to completion.

The wait is excruciating, but you will forget about that as soon as it arrives.
You’ll love the car.
Enjoy

Same here. Ordered a LR AWD on 03 July for delivery in Oakville. Website shows a projected 8-12 week wait for delivery and so far not a single peep from anyone (email or text) at Tesla. A little bit disappointing really.

Same here. Ordered a LR AWD on 03 July for delivery in Oakville. Website shows a projected 8-12 week wait for delivery and so far not a single peep from anyone (email or text) at Tesla. A little bit disappointing really.

Sorry to hear that. A person from Tesla Calgary seems to have been assigned to me. I received a “congratulations” email on the 5th from her and another a few days later letting me know she was heading out for a few weeks on vacation.

Keep us posted!

Bear in mind they are just out of the end-of-quarter push - that meant every person who could has been facilitating deliveries and with the pandemic going on, all kinds of things take a lot longer. I heard that some deliveries were at midnight so I'd say it's been pretty crazy.

I wouldn't worry - your order is in and as soon as there's progress or availability of a similar vehicle someone will be in touch.

Reactions: navguy12
you wont hear anything until MUCH closer to delivery. Nothing to be disappointed about. Just hang tight and you'll be driving your new Tesla soon!

Reactions: Tony_YYZ

Ordered a SR+ for the Oakville location. Ordered June 29th received an email July 10th to schedule pickup. Pick up scheduled for July 21.

Meant to come back here and post an update:

I got a text from Tesla this past Saturday morning and I'll be picking up my car this coming Friday. So... YAY!

Turns out, though, that it's a pre-June built car so no USB C and wireless charging for me. But that's OK.