Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised it took some time for some of the 1st day Reso holders. I reserved online April 1st and am a non owner and had my invite not he 27th. I pulled the trigger immediately. After doing research RWD was deemed adequate, especially if I'm risking the EVIP and funds for good snow tires.

My worry now is insurance (searching for quotes but none can provide without VIN) and EVIP actually being qualified (has it been approved?). I also, heard many other EV automakers apply the rebate instantly. Is this the case with Tesla?

I'm surprised it took some time for some of the 1st day Reso holders. I reserved online April 1st and am a non owner and had my invite not he 27th. I pulled the trigger immediately. After doing research RWD was deemed adequate, especially if I'm risking the EVIP and funds for good snow tires.

My worry now is insurance (searching for quotes but none can provide without VIN) and EVIP actually being qualified (has it been approved?). I also, heard many other EV automakers apply the rebate instantly. Is this the case with Tesla?

For you viewing pleasure:

Ontario EHVIP Rebate for the Model 3 - Information Thread

Ontario EVIP rebates update

• Helpful
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Is there any word on the Dual Motor? I recall someone posting on here that seemed fairly confident about the canadian invite status before they came out. I'm like a lot of others torn between the first production and the AWD version... I don't need it, but would hate for it to become available like 2 days later and at a reasonable cost! :)

Is there any word on the Dual Motor? I recall someone posting on here that seemed fairly confident about the canadian invite status before they came out. I'm like a lot of others torn between the first production and the AWD version... I don't need it, but would hate for it to become available like 2 days later and at a reasonable cost! :)

Luckily you have a 3 day window to make changes to your order without penalty!

Reactions: balzary
Yes, of course. Do you really think I'd be fretting like this if I didn't get an invite? I almost wish I didn't. I've configured it about 30 times but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe tomorrow. I'm still deciding if I need AWD or not.
You
Luckily you have a 3 day window to make changes to your order without penalty!
Business days too? just order on a Thursday then you get the weekend!?

Is there any word on the Dual Motor? I recall someone posting on here that seemed fairly confident about the canadian invite status before they came out.

I was one of those saying that so it just goes to show don't put much stock in what I say. My wife really wanted a heated steering wheel but not enough to wait for it. I also predicted that would be out before we got it up here. But I think something happened to change plans because our initial date was "late 2018". I told my family not to expect it until early 2019. Perhaps the potential loss of the rebate in Ontario pushed it forward? Whatever it was, the fact that I will be driving it in 4 to 8 weeks sure is a pleasant surprise.

I know AWD will be out soon. But it's our attitude that creates our reality. I will be happy with my RWD 3 just as I am with my RWD S that I bought before AP came out. I still love my large frunk, 80 amp vehicle and I look forward to driving it every day. I also had an great summer of 2014 with that vehicle. Now the summer of 2018 sure looks good -- with two Tesla's for my family go back and forth from our cabin -- that was just too much for me to pass up for the benefits of AWD.

It will be interesting to see how much I actually use AP.

Big AWD drive announcement is coming in 4 days!?

That may be a joke but we do know it's very close:

Tesla Model 3 with dual motor AWD spotted in San Francisco

Also, the ordering site says middle of 2018 and that's less than 90 days away but I won't be surprised if it's out earlier since a lot of people are holding back waiting for it.

But I've made my decision and I'm not one to look back or to envy what others have. I hope AWD comes out soon for all those who are waiting for it. That was me up until today.

You

Business days too? just order on a Thursday then you get the weekend!?

Lol sorry, I can't answer that!

That may be a joke but we do know it's very close:

Tesla Model 3 with dual motor AWD spotted in San Francisco

Also, the ordering site says middle of 2018 and that's less than 90 days away but I won't be surprised if it's out earlier since a lot of people are holding back waiting for it.

But I've made my decision and I'm not one to look back or to envy what others have. I hope AWD comes out soon for all those who are waiting for it. That was me up until today.

We've also been seeing the white interior since last year and that's still not here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
CaptureNS.JPG

Pretty sure I saw this in a dream last night....