Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they already opened configurator to all remaining CA owners, people are just not checking?
Why else someone with reservation from 2017 be able to configure?

I think they are almost done with all owner invites nationwide (not just CA). We'll probably start seeing non-owner invites within a couple weeks.

As @Troy pointed out, owners tended to reserve early -- most by March 31 or April 1. Model 3 delivery estimator

So now now that they've opened up owner invites beyond March 31 IMO it should not take very long to get through the rest of the owners and start inviting non-owners.

Last edited:
The funny thing is the invites now go in the stealth mode, so if people are not reading TMC/electrek/other they may have no clue and are still waiting for email. How big a chunk are those non-reading owners? So, they may be far from done in reality.

Like many others, I didn't get an invite to configure even though my Tesla page showed ready to configure and emails went out to Dallas-area reservation holders today and I didn't receive that, either.

I think Tesla must have recently replaced their mail servers with TI-99 computers.

The funny thing is the invites now go in the stealth mode, so if people are not reading TMC/electrek/other they may have no clue and are still waiting for email. How big a chunk are those non-reading owners? So, they may be far from done in reality.

My hunch is that will result in some late owner orders trickling in but probably won't hold up non-owner invites from starting after another batch or two to owners. We'll see ....

I did get an e-mail the day after I could configure online... I’m not patient enough to wait for the e-mail, but I am patient enough to wait for standard range and non-black interior. I do wonder if Tesla will open up more options to owners or first production to non-owners. As Troy said, we should know in a few weeks.

I think they are almost done with all owner invites nationwide (not just CA). We'll probably start seeing non-owner invites within a couple weeks.

As @Troy pointed out, owners tended to reserve early -- most by March 31 or April 1. Model 3 delivery estimator

So now now that they've opened up owner invites beyond March 31 IMO it should not take very long to get through the rest of the owners and start inviting non-owners.

Not sure how far along they are. I am a Model X owner (8/2016) and reserved the Model 3 in April of 2017. I have not been invited to configure and I would order the LR rear drive. The delivery estimator still shows December 2017 to February 2018 delivery estimate.

Hi, everybody. Some people on Reddit are questioning the idea that buying a Model S/X would move you to the front of the queue. Can you help me collect examples? I'm looking for people who bought an S/X in 2017 or 2018 and received an invite.

You mean to get the whole tax credit right? You do know that it just drops to $3,750 starting in October, right? (If the predictions are correct.)
Yes - but why "waste" $4k ?
I'm viewing my PUP+Wheels+Paint=$7500 as being funded by the American taxpayer...thanks everyone! (I'll fund my LR battery upgrade myself.)
Remember - you are just "keeping" more of your money ;)

I hope by July when I've to order to get the tax credit (if I've been invited - a big IF) - at least they don't force premium upgrade. Its 6 months for them to come up offer lower priced 3s - and move to non-owners.

I'm viewing my PUP+Wheels+Paint=$7500 as being funded by the American taxpayer...thanks everyone! (I'll fund my LR battery upgrade myself.)
No one is paying for my tax credit., I'm just payIng less than I would've otherwise. Why is it that when companies get a tax break it's the greatest thing ever but if it's an individual we're somehow stealing from everyone? Give me a f'n break.

Hi, everybody. Some people on Reddit are questioning the idea that buying a Model S/X would move you to the front of the queue. Can you help me collect examples? I'm looking for people who bought an S/X in 2017 or 2018 and received an invite.

Here’s one (MS delivered 2017 in sig):Tesla owner configurations begin

Here’s another: bought Roadster August 2017, received invite Dec 7 2017:
Tesla owner configurations begin (bought Roadster)
Who got one today....? (received invite)

Last edited: