Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 delivery estimator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in the same boat, owner of Model s and reserved 2/5/18, Standard battery changed to "Early 2019". First production and dual motor are still "Late 2018".

It will be interesting to see some of the people who reserved on day 1 chime in if their estimates get revised to push out the standard battery. I suspect there will be a lot of anger if they push it out in a way that prevents people from getting the full tax credit.

Me too. The new "normal"...
delivery1.jpg

:( :oops: :(

My apologies, I haven't read all 74 pages of this thread. If I were to place my reservation today for Model 3 LR...the estimator shows me delivery of March 25th, 2018/ 1 month and 18 days from today ... does that seem correct?

Reason I ask is, I might be able to see the Model 3 in person tomorrow, which might lead me to place a reservation.

Troy, thank you for creating and sharing this tool.

Cheers

My apologies, I haven't read all 74 pages of this thread. If I were to place my reservation today for Model 3 LR...the estimator shows me delivery of March 25th, 2018/ 1 month and 18 days from today ... does that seem correct?

Reason I ask is, I might be able to see the Model 3 in person tomorrow, which might lead me to place a reservation.

Troy, thank you for creating and sharing this tool.

Cheers
Yes, you will get very quick delivery as long as you're willing to buy what you see tomorrow...LR with PUP. Welcome to Model 3!

Reactions: UkrHog and Atlantan
Yes, you will get very quick delivery as long as you're willing to buy what you see tomorrow...LR with PUP. Welcome to Model 3!
Hey thanks..that would be fast. Watched a ton of videos on the Model 3, the idea of a smaller Tesla is enticing indeed...let's see how the first impression goes tomorrow :) If I am going to go for the Model 3, I should do it before the Fed credit expires in ~Sept.

Reactions: suwaneedad
I think people will be surprised (and other verbs) that the SR has been pushed way back.
The only 'surprise' is clarification from Tesla today that they're going to (unapologetically) bias production toward the highest-margin configuations for the foreseeable future. That of course means SR gets bumped. Financially it makes a ton of sense for Tesla to make this decision, although it did require Elon to agree to put plenty of current Tesla owners (wanting SR) later in the queue behind some non-owners (who want LR). This announcement today also means that CA non-owners will begin getting configuration invitations very soon, as forecasted by @Troy several weeks ago. Phase III about to be underway.

That's fair. I guess they want to show a profit for the investors sooner rather than later.
I don't believe that Elon is motivated by investor optics (showing a profit sooner rather than later). Even if Tesla had all the cash in the world, just from a market perspective it makes sense for him to continue to migrate downward along the price curve (from Roadster, to S/X, to 3LR, to 3SR). Just as he's satisfied the backlog for the $50-60k M3s, he can begin delivering the $35k's right around the time the ICE mfrs are finally bringing their own similar EV products to market. As he's beginning to flood the market with the $35k car (which, by the way, will be tougher to do profitably in 2019/20 than it would have been in 2017 just due to inflation), he can bring the high-end Model Ys to market in order to get many 3LR customers to upgrade just as they're beginning to get bored with their 2017/18 M3s. In Elon I Trust.

current owner, reserved 1st day on-line prior to reveal
I've deferred but my account says:
"1st Production in 3-6 wks, Base Model in Late '18, Dual Wheel in Mid '18"

Reactions: Drax
Owner, reserved online day 1, got bumped:

1st reservation
1st production: 3-6 weeks
Std battery: Late 2018
AWD: Mid 2018

2nd reservation
AWD: Late 2018

Is there a typo under the AWD? It states you have a choice of 220 or 310 mile range...so does that mean I can get a standard battery in AWD in Mid 2018? And the RWD Std battery is Late 2018?

Reactions: DamageInc
Owner, reserved online day 1, got bumped:

1st reservation
AWD: Mid 2018

2nd reservation
AWD: Late 2018

Is there a typo under the AWD? It states you have a choice of 220 or 310 mile range...so does that mean I can get a standard battery in AWD in Mid 2018? And the RWD Std battery is Late 2018?
I think the logical answer is that AWD will be available on the LR cars first, then on the SR once production of that model begins. So Late 2018 if you want the SR AWD