Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quebec friends I have a question for you’ll- did anyone receive the Quebec EV money from the government yet? If yes, how long did it take?

I submitted my application a day after taking delivery of the car. They reached out asking for a signed copy of the sales agreement since the copy I uploaded was missing a signature. It’s been more than a month since applying and just wondering how long it takes.
Just got approved for the QC rebate ! Guess I'll be waiting for the cheque now. :)

Yes. You can see the country of origin via tesla-info website.
This odd combo means Canadian 2024 Model Y RWD will not have the same "Range-up" option as the 'muhrican version despite being assembled in US.

Staying on Model 3 HighlandI topic, I checked out this car over the weekend. You can read my thoughts in this M3H vs MY thread. Bottom line.... now I want an M3H! And I was never a fan of the Gen 1.

Yes. You can see the country of origin via tesla-info website.
This odd combo means Canadian 2024 Model Y RWD will not have the same "Range-up" option as the 'muhrican version despite being assembled in US.

Staying on Model 3 HighlandI topic, I checked out this car over the weekend. You can read my thoughts in this M3H vs MY thread. Bottom line.... now I want an M3H! And I was never a fan of the Gen 1.
WOW! I did not know about Tesla Info. Their inventory listings are amazing with easy to use filters. And they clearly list country of origin as you said. And a lot of other info INCLUDING odometer readings. WOW!

Tesla buyers guides, worldwide inventory and support for owners

Thank you _OP!

Not too sure whatcha mean by Amber Reflectors, but we do get adaptive headlights for highbeams, just not matrix due to Canadian laws. if you can send me a pic of what you mean i can verify for you!
Canada made active matrix headlights legal in 2018 however Tesla has not implemented the functionality them in Canada yet. The amber parking lights and turn signals are standard across the board on all Tesla cars since 2020 as this is an international standard with exception to the USA which can use white or amber. Tesla now sells international cars so yes they are all amber now as it would not make sense to make USA cars with white turn signals and the rest of the world with amber.

Reactions: cdswm3
Hi, glad to see a specific thread for Canadian deliveries :)

I made an order for a Blue/White M3LR on the 4th, there was one in transit and the rep at Tesla Etobicoke-Dundas assigned it to me. The estimated delivery date was May 25th. I was trying to see if everything was on track (and whether I needed to do something on my end) and the rep at Tesla Oakville (where the car would be delivered) told me the car was delayed and the earliest I could pick it up was Jun 4th.

So I swapped the car for an identical M3LR (except this one has 19" wheels) that was supposed to be delivered to the delivery location today (May 11th). I'm supposed to pick it up on Tuesday the 14th.
I sent a message to the advisor at ~1pm and they told me it's not delivered yet. It just doesn't seem like I can pick it up on Tuesday, but no one seems to confirm or deny this.
It also seems like no one at Tesla knows where the cars are. It's all a big mystery until it surprisingly shows up at the delivery location.

I sold my ICE car (to Clutch as they offered 8k more than Tesla) and I'm really excited to join the EV world!

Still on the fence guys. Oakville owner of 22’ M3LRboost black/black. So far I love my go cart toy for its handling and power and I run V1 Perf 20” gun metal rims/AS tires anyway w/cf spoiler and dash/door covers …so not really missing much in the looks dept :)

I do want to consider upgrading for the susp and quieter cabin but still interested to see the LG vs Pano head to head. And not a fan of having no rebate on our version of the PM3 vs US getting this awesome credit.

Side note: I find it comical that forums and YouTubers go all gaga over the front bumper having side air flow dams lol. Uh…the prior models all have air flow. Not some crazy new invention lol. They take it away for LR/RWD and then bring it back for new P and everyone is ‘ohhh wow what an aggressive look!’ Lol

Seeing more highlands on the road now where we live. Probably 3 in my area now..grey, red and white. I have to say the white is as amazing looking as ultra red. And I’m not usually a white fan! Looks sharp from front and rear is def a modern upgrade. Side profile is almost identical.

Thoughts my fellow Canucks? I goto the configure page at least once a day lol but I just can’t do it. Argh…

Last edited:
I do want to consider upgrading for the susp and quieter cabin but still interested to see the LG vs Pano head to head. And not a fan of having no rebate on our version of the PM3 vs US getting this awesome credit.

Speaking of rebates, the current format here in Canuck land results with the Model Y cheaper than the Model 3 for LR and Performance versions.
Guess Canadian govs. prefer its citizens to drive SUVs than sensible sedans. 😆

Reactions: Destiny1701