Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For reference I just got the T Sportline TSA-5 wheels that came with wheel covers similar to the new wheels on the 2024 Model 3 Performance.

I tried to pop them off but they wouldn’t budge near the hub of the wheel. I didn’t want to break them so I took the whole wheel off and realized that they are screwed into the wheel from the backside.

I imagine the new wheels could be similar. It is unfortunate because you have to take the entire wheel and tire off the car to take the Aero bits off.

The Aero covers help tremendously with efficiency. I saw close to 15% more efficiency with them on vs. off on the TSA-5 wheels in my testing.

View attachment 1045577
Interesting look. Dunno if I like it or not yet.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Interesting look. Dunno if I like it or not yet.
I really like them without the Aero covers on. Great that you can use them either way.
IMG_5169.jpeg

Reactions: MarkoP and jgleigh
What suspension setting did you have it in? My Plaid is leagues quieter in terms of wind and road noise compared to the 3, and the ride(in the correct setting) is outstanding.
In the same way the 3 rides much better than the Y, I do find the S rides better than the X

Edit: I see he drove an S not an X. I can’t explain his experience. S much quieter and smoother than 3 in my experience, and both quieter and smoother than their SUV counterparts.

Reactions: MuppetOwl
Took another test drive today of the RWD Highland and while the car is lovely, the turn signals are just as awful as Cammisa says. All they had to do was make one touch point convex and the other concave and it would have been fine. Instead, they made them totally smooth, with the point to successfully activate them being very small. Even when you do hit it on your second or third mash, the tactile buzz feels insanely cheap and crappy, as though Asus built an imitation Apple trackpad. I thought after three test drives I'd be fine with it but I'm not and I can't imagine using these things for years, dozens of times a day.

Furthermore, the mood at the show room was thoroughly grim as the sales associate told me several of his colleagues were let go. All so ol Musky can get his 60 billion in stock. Not personally feeling super confident about my order at the moment.

Took another test drive today of the RWD Highland and while the car is lovely, the turn signals are just as awful as Cammisa says. All they had to do was make one touch point convex and the other concave and it would have been fine. Instead, they made them totally smooth, with the point to successfully activate them being very small. Even when you do hit it on your second or third mash, the tactile buzz feels insanely cheap and crappy, as though Asus built an imitation Apple trackpad. I thought after three test drives I'd be fine with it but I'm not and I can't imagine using these things for years, dozens of times a day.

Furthermore, the mood at the show room was thoroughly grim as the sales associate told me several of his colleagues were let go. All so ol Musky can get his 60 billion in stock. Not personally feeling super confident about my order at the moment.

Yep, morale at Tesla is perhaps at an all time low, including the assembly/production folks. Perhaps not the best time to be ordering a new Tesla. They appear to have a bunch of employees who in general have not been treated well and as a consequence are probably not very motivated. I certainly would not want to work for Tesla, especially with Elon at the helm. Just have to accept there could be some quality/fitment issues and deal with them as they pop up. Despite these workforce issues/concerns, I am still very excited to receive my new M3P!

Coworker with 6 week old 2024 says their HVAC smells like stinky feet already. Sent them some of the HVAC smell YouTube vids. Seems odd they are getting it so soon.
Nooooooooooo. The HVAC in our leased 2020 Model Y smells terrible, like a hot gym sock full of old Mexican food. Wife refers to it as the "vinegar panties" smell. Our 2023 Model Y had no such issue with the HEPA filter, which is actually one of my favorite parts of Model Y. Makes you impervious to typical diesel, cigarettes, dead skunks, etc smells you encounter while driving. We actually drove by a burning car carrier a few weeks ago and couldn't smell anything. It is amazing and I'd kill for it to be in the Model 3.

Reactions: Sellout
He switches it from normal to insane at 18:17, but after watching video again there was one more switch from insane to normal at 18:00.
So 3.63 was actually in the insane mode. Sorry for the confusion.
It’s probably battery output limited at the low SoCs. Maybe not much faster than current model below 50% SoC? Won’t make much of a performance difference to me if that’s the case.