Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s probably battery output limited at the low SoCs. Maybe not much faster than current model below 50% SoC? Won’t make much of a performance difference to me if that’s the case.
can't judge based on that lol. It's 33%soc, it's on a public highway where he dodged traffic and changed 3 lanes, at least 2 people in the car. At best it's a indication.

There is a pretty large difference anyway, A 33% SOC old M3p wouldn't do a 3.6 real 0-100kph 2up, not even close.

Reactions: Vi Althans
can't judge based on that lol. It's 33%soc, it's on a public highway where he dodged traffic and changed 3 lanes, at least 2 people in the car. At best it's a indication.

There is a pretty large difference anyway, A 33% SOC old M3p wouldn't do a 3.6 real 0-100kph 2up, not even close.

There is about a 0.2s difference to 60 in the US spec M3P between 90% and 30%

It’s been tested before by Bjorn. Look at the results at the 7:50 mark.

After that, the power falls off more noticeably with lower SoC.

Reactions: cptnslo and kower
It doesn't say anything about the M3P. And at the top it says 'Model 3' Then the Demo Drive pages literally just says 'Demo Drive Model 3'. You don't have any guarantee you're going to get to test drive the M3P.
1715457894139.png

Reactions: cptnslo
Is anyone else getting concerned and/or annoyed by the complete lack of carte blanche hands on reviews of this car? There has to be some reason they're still under embargo. I have to wonder if maybe they're trying to add some new things via firmware before they allow people to truly judge the car and publish their impressions.

I have seen a few people with that concern (answering the "is anyone else XXXXXXXX" comment). They are mostly in the waiting room thread.

It just sounds like conspiracy theories to me, but I also am not a person who cares too much about what "the press" thinks about X or Y, and in this context "the press" is youtube videos, magazine reports etc.

There is about a 0.2s difference to 60 in the US spec M3P between 90% and 30%

It’s been tested before by Bjorn. Look at the results at the 7:50 mark.

After that, the power falls off more noticeably with lower SoC.
The table doesn't make sense in some ways, it shows 90% soc being slower than 70% which we KNOW isn't true. Likely a traction issue. If you look at the battery temp differences in the table there is a 20degre delta which is huge and likely a big cause for the differences. While this kind of data is useful, it shouldn't be taken as gospel.

At the end of the day, this was a LG car, with 2 up, dodging cars on the highway at 33%. Since there is nothing to compare we don't really know. I can assure you, a 33% LG "old" m3p, isn't doing anywhere near a 3.6 though.

Until we have the cars and can do some testing noone really knows what will happen. Other than the US spec cars will be slightly faster up top.

I couldn't find this form on the Tesla website, but I Googled it and found it at this link: https://www.tesla.com/model-3-performance-drive-updates

Yeah so I figured out you have to actually click on 'Learn' under the Model 3 when the pop out menu appears after you hover over Vehicles. This takes you to a different model 3 page then you have to click on 'Switch to Performance'. For some reason from Tesla's main page if you scroll down to the Model 3 and then click on Demo Drive, it doesn't actually give you the same screen with options to choose which model you want to test drive.

1715482806524.png

A pretty good summary of the new M3P from someone here in Aus who has test driven it.
That's what I like about reading a variety of experiences from a wide range of people. The comments by this person are quite different than the comments by others. Ultimately for something this expensive, I wanna put my own butt in the driver's seat and find out for myself, but I greatly enjoy reading about other people's experiences, no matter how similar/different they might be! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Ultimos