Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my red one on Monday:

-Car was delivered filthy and when I got it clean I found several ridiculous paint defects. ~ 10 white spots under the clear and a sizeable spot that was touched up poorly. Tesla was super rude when I saw them about getting the two affected panels resprayed, as they're in "aggressive cost saving mode".

-Alignment feels way off. Car has pretty much zero self centering. Steering seems way more vague than previous gen.

-Have a quality passenger door rattle within first 150 miles.

-Also think my washer fluid sensor is bad because it says low, even after I added some.

The car does seem to break physics and is an amazing performance deal but the standard Tesla BS really takes the shine off buying these cars "new".

-Car was delivered filthy and when I got it clean I found several ridiculous paint defects. ~ 10 white spots under the clear and a sizeable spot that was touched up poorly. Tesla was super rude when I saw them about getting the two affected panels resprayed, as they're in "aggressive cost saving mode".

-Alignment feels way off. Car has pretty much zero self centering. Steering seems way more vague than previous gen.

-Also think my washer fluid sensor is bad because it says low, even after I added some.

The car does seem to break physics and is an amazing performance deal but the standard Tesla BS really takes the shine off buying these cars "new".
That's unfortunate.

I got my delivery today in Australia. Also Red. Aside from a couple of VERY small paint flecks, the car was otherwise flawless.

Too early to tell, but I wonder if there is any truth to the stereotype that the Shanghai cars are built better (battery aside lol)

That's unfortunate.

I got my delivery today in Australia. Also Red. Aside from a couple of VERY small paint flecks, the car was otherwise flawless.

Too early to tell, but I wonder if there is any truth to the stereotype that the Shanghai cars are built better (battery aside lol)
They will obviously be built better because they're not being assembled by lazy ass, entitled, high school dropout Americans. Many of the kinds of issues we have with these cars are absolutely standard American car problems.

• Disagree
Reactions: BMWY and MarkoP

I went back a second time and they finally fixed my alignment. He had to adjust the tow for it to lane center better. It finally drives straight now. Everyone should check the alignment when they get their car.

So what’s the deal with this clicking noise I hear when driving by any brick walls? Am I the only one? Almost sounds like when you turn an engine off and you hear those engine cooling noises.

(Yes, I searched)
Seems like it's the wheel inserts but this one was buried on Tesla's site:

It's an interactive video so click on "Ownership" when you can then scrub over to the "Hotspot: NOS" blue dot and then the "+" icon on the screen that appears over the Model Y's charge port. They go through a few examples of normal sounds.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
So what’s the deal with this clicking noise I hear when driving by any brick walls? Am I the only one? Almost sounds like when you turn an engine off and you hear those engine cooling noises.

(Yes, I searched)
I 100% experienced that exact thing. I just swapped the wheels out so it isn't an issue for me now but it definitely had the clicking noise when passing by a brick wall with the window down.

(Yes, I searched)
Same here…I pulled the large inserts out of all four wheels just to see if that was the issue and it was no longer heard without the inserts. I cleaned the wheels and inspected all the inserts and reinstalled them in all four wheels and the sound returned. I like the way the factory wheels loom with the inserts, but the sound was pissing me off every time I heard it so I removed them. The wheels still look pretty damn good without them plus you can see the brakes and they’re a heck of a lot easier to clean!

Kinda sucks because the look of the stock wheels has greatly grown on me and I feel like I don't like them with the inserts nearly as much. The stock wheels look tough and purposeful, whereas removing the inserts makes them look too lean and kinda cheesy. Maybe I'll take the inserts off one wheel tomorrow and see how I like it in person.