Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not stock. I put 235 width Efficiency All Season tires on to give everyone else a fighting chance.šŸ˜³šŸ¤«

I canā€™t give more details right now but this was still full weight. All seats and interior was left intact.

This was actually the slow run.šŸ˜³ Just absolutely insane what this car can do.

That is unreal- super excited to see what else you come up with!

Reactions: arkhos and mpgxsvcd
I am running the TSportline TS5 18ā€ wheels without any issues at all.

IMG_6983.jpeg

Not stock. I put 235 width Efficiency All Season tires on to give everyone else a fighting chance.šŸ˜³šŸ¤«

I canā€™t give more details right now but this was still full weight. All seats and interior was left intact.

This was actually the slow run.šŸ˜³ Just absolutely insane what this car can do.
Wait, you clocked that running 235/40 ALL SEASON tires squared??

So it appeas this new M3P is not traction limited either like the previous gen. Wow

• Funny
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I donā€™t know why but this was the best I could do today. Not sure what is going on. Previous gen cars were doing 60-130 mph in 11.1s and this is all I could manage today. Can anyone help me understand what I am missing with this picture?šŸ˜‰šŸ˜³šŸ¤«

View attachment 1056897

457 is the answer to everyoneā€™s question. 457. Remember that number.
I think you forgot to engage the cold gas thrusters.

Wait, you clocked that running 235/40 ALL SEASON tires squared??

So it appeas this new M3P is not traction limited either like the previous gen. Wow
235/45/18 on all four corner to be precise. However, unlike the previous generation this car was fighting traction for a good bit of the 1/4 mile. Better tires would definitely improve on my times.

This thing is STUPID FAST. Not Plaid fast but pretty darn close to Model S LR fast.

I donā€™t know why but this was the best I could do today. Not sure what is going on. Previous gen cars were doing 60-130 mph in 11.1s and this is all I could manage today. Can anyone help me understand what I am missing with this picture?šŸ˜‰šŸ˜³šŸ¤«

View attachment 1056897

457 is the answer to everyoneā€™s question. 457. Remember that number.
Expected nothing less! Still doubting that canbus HP numbers? ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
235/45/18 on all four corner to be precise. However, unlike the previous generation this car was fighting traction for a good bit of the 1/4 mile. Better tires would definitely improve on my times.

This thing is STUPID FAST. Not Plaid fast but pretty darn close to Model S LR fast.
However ā€¦butt Dyno probably feels the M3P faster :) ā€¦lighter and more nimble so Iā€™m sure it just feels racier than SLR?

However ā€¦butt Dyno probably feels the M3P faster :) ā€¦lighter and more nimble so Iā€™m sure it just feels racier than SLR?
3 will feel faster down low for sure. Higher speeds (60ish +) S LR will probably still feel faster. 3 will definitely feel more nimble, not sure which will actually corner better. The S corners surprisingly well, and at least the old 3 reached its cornering limits surprisingly early.

Reactions: Sellout