Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, white is certainly the most common colour on this side of the pond, as well. Originally wanted the OG silver color, but that was discontinued when I purchased by M3P, so I went with white. I typically like lighter paint colors on my vehicles, because they allow you to see/appreciate all the fine details and body lines of the vehicle. The Ultra Red is just light/bright enough to product the same effect. Right now, I’m leaning heavily towards Ultra Red mainly just to switch things up. But, I really want to see the M3L in both White and Ultra Red before pulling the trigger. Now, if Tesla would offer the new Quicksilver colour in the U.S., then I’d go with Quicksilver without hestitation…
A couple Y quicksilvers were spotted at Fremont a couple months ago and a boatload were spotted by Tegtmeyer a week or so ago at Austin. It's possible.

A couple Y quicksilvers were spotted at Fremont a couple months ago and a boatload were spotted by Tegtmeyer a week or so ago at Austin. It's possible.

Damn, just another thing that could make me hold off buying the new M3L on launch date (i.e. holding out a few months in hopes Tesla will offer Quicksilver later this year)!! Thanks, a lot @12B4A :mad: ;)

Alright folks, during the new Model 3 launch, the carwow video dropped around 8PM Eastern. This coincided with the car going live on the overseas configurators. There were rumblings about Europe getting it first again this time, which does line up with the Shanghai Gigafactory lots filled with RHD M3Ls. We can only hope that it goes live in our configurator around the same time too. If it doesn't launch tonight they might do what they did for the S/X refresh and reveal it via the Shareholder Deck on the Investor Relations website on the day of the earnings call (tomorrow).

If it doesn't launch either tonight or tomorrow I have no idea what's happening. I'll be online for all of it regardless.

Gee Brain, what are we going to do tonight? The same thing we do every night Pinky...

Last edited:
Can you clarify if that is $60k for the BMW with a lease or with a purchase? What is the lease payment for that with no money down?

I am expecting the Model 3 Ludicrous to be about $900 a month for a lease with 15k miles and no money down.
I think
Can you clarify if that is $60k for the BMW with a lease or with a purchase? What is the lease payment for that with no money down?

I am expecting the Model 3 Ludicrous to be about $900 a month for a lease with 15k miles and no money down.
I think it will be a little cheaper. Try spec'ing out a Model Y Performance to include as many options as possible. At around $52K MSRP, $0 down, 10k miles, you're looking at a payment under $600 a month. I suspect that if the 3L is priced around $60K, the lease will be around $700.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Yeah, white is certainly the most common colour on this side of the pond, as well. Originally wanted the OG silver color, but that was discontinued when I purchased by M3P, so I went with white. I typically like lighter paint colors on my vehicles, because they allow you to see/appreciate all the fine details and body lines of the vehicle. The Ultra Red is just light/bright enough to product the same effect. Right now, I’m leaning heavily towards Ultra Red mainly just to switch things up. But, I really want to see the M3L in both White and Ultra Red before pulling the trigger. Now, if Tesla would offer the new Quicksilver colour in the U.S., then I’d go with Quicksilver without hestitation…
Yes Ultra Red for me. White is just popular here because lots of people don't like paying for a different paint colour. Tesla also charges quite a lot for different colours compared to different brands which doesn't help, kind of steering you towards the default option. Must make it easier for them to run their factories if most only go for the one colour.

The Performance model needs a dedicated color. Makes me sad to see a Ultra Red standard range Model 3 😁

I feel the same way, but will admit that at least part of that feeling is from my long years of being part of the BMW ecosystem where thats a thing they do.

I lived with a loaner Model S Plaid for a week... My wife and daughter enjoyed it so much. Launching from the traffic light from 0 to 60 in few seconds never gets old, no matter what people think. That what makes roller coasters fun.
After that I do full throttle in my MYP and I don't have any thrills. It feels subjectively slow. Can't believe how my perception changed from "Wow, that thing is so fast" first time I test drove MYP to "It is not that fast at all" after driving Plaid for a week.
Now I'm considering new M3P/M3L.

I lived with a loaner Model S Plaid for a week... My wife and daughter enjoyed it so much. Launching from the traffic light from 0 to 60 in few seconds never gets old, no matter what people think. That what makes roller coasters fun.
After that I do full throttle in my MYP and I don't have any thrills. It feels subjectively slow. Can't believe how my perception changed from "Wow, that thing is so fast" first time I test drove MYP to "It is not that fast at all" after driving Plaid for a week.

Why don't you just get a lightly used Plaid for around the same price? The new M3P still won't feel like a Plaid.

The 3L will feel like a dog compared to the Plaid, and FWIW, you will absolutely get used to a Plaid after a fairly short time. Great used Plaids are $65K now, I really cant see a reason for a performance-oriented person to buy a 3L unless you want NEW and just hate the better car for some reason.

The 3L will feel like a dog compared to the Plaid, and FWIW, you will absolutely get used to a Plaid after a fairly short time. Great used Plaids are $65K now, I really cant see a reason for a performance-oriented person to buy a 3L unless you want NEW and just hate the better car for some reason.

FWIW every time I've driven an S, even the fastest ones, I've hated how much like a giant land yacht it felt- especially in tight parking lots, compared to the 3.