Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Life is short. Order placed. Let the fun (waiting) begin!!!!

IMG_8109.png

For the price though it's hard to fault. The new 3 is a brilliant example of mass simplification in creating something so minimally, while packaging it in away where it brings improvements in the areas that matter the most. Suspension, Cabin isolation, Driving dynamics, Double pane glass etc...

Sitting in the new 3 you can tell where they simplified, from the cloth, doors etc., but it didn't feel like a compromise as the improvements outweighed the little things. The suspension and lower cabin noise alone makes it feel like a completely different class of car.

But I get where you're coming from. If the new 3P was more expensive, then yes absolutely would expect more.
Well said!

-Danny

Reactions: Elektrick
Save that drink for my wife. She might need it when I tell her what I just did/ordered! :oops:
My wife told me don’t tell her when I order a new car and don’t tell her when I’m going to pick it up. Just show up with it at the house and she said she’ll try to be happy for me 😂 the only stipulation is no loans so I have to save for it haha

I mean Tesla never says much of anything, but it being a ludicrous badge does fit with the space balls reference.
This ☝️ it’s actually a ludicrous image from the same movie that brought us Plaid.

So now that I see chill, sport and insane mode on the settings, it tells me that there is the possibility it may be updated to Ludicrous or added as an extra button. This is identical to the Modell S designators back in 2014/16 with Insane and Ludicrous added a paid option.

No, it is complete marketing BS!

I've made a statement about this in German here:

And a lenghty discussion here:
Have you been able to confirm if the gearing is the exact same as before? Is there any possibility that the gearing on the rear motor has changed?