Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Drone video from outside Shanghai, there is thousands of new M3P's ready to be shipped, probably already on a boat.
I'm curious if anyone is familiar with the shipping logistics for MIC cars to get to parts of Europe. Do they make their way through the Indian Ocean, around Africa, and then through the Atlantic to ship to European countries? Or does it get transported on trucks and trains all the way through Asia, Middle East, and then Europe?

Edit: or do they go north around Russia?

Last edited:
I'm curious if anyone is familiar with the shipping logistics for MIC cars to get to parts of Europe. Do they make their way through the Indian Ocean, around Africa, and then through the Atlantic to ship to European countries? Or does it get transported on trucks and trains all the way through Asia, Middle East, and then Europe?
Ships to Belgium/UK/Slovenia/Barcelona via Suez canal then road to destination.

• Informative
Reactions: P-Lo801
Plenty of RHD variants with the LG pack fanging around Shanghai at the moment. Unfortunately my Mandarin is a bit rusty. :)

Someone was asking about acceleration figures for LG pack in the comments, to which the reviewer replied: “The Acceleration above 100km/h I would say is not hard to push to around 200km/h

I haven't try 1/4 or 1/8 mile time

But 0-100km/h test, around 3.23s with 51% SOC and ESC on”

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Someone was asking about acceleration figures for LG pack in the comments, to which the reviewer replied: “The Acceleration above 100km/h I would say is not hard to push to around 200km/h

I haven't try 1/4 or 1/8 mile time

But 0-100km/h test, around 3.23s with 51% SOC and ESC on”
bodes well.

At 60mph The old m3p dropped off significantly at 50% soc compared to above 90%, probably more than 60hp.

So in no form slower, at least to 100 kmh than Panasonic. Rollout is rarely subtracted outside the US, so a 3.23 true 0 to 100kmh easily translates to a 2.9 0-60 with rollout subtracted. Now someone please start testing the 1/4 mile times!!

So in no form slower, at least to 100 kmh than Panasonic. Rollout is rarely subtracted outside the US, so a 3.23 true 0 to 100kmh easily translates to a 2.9 0-60 with rollout subtracted. Now someone please start testing the 1/4 mile times!!
One US reviewer already did timed runs and got 2.9 (averaged two ways) without rollout with a passenger onboard. However, SOC was 90%

Edit: or do they go north around Russia?
Boat. Probably around Africa now since very little shipping companies go via the Red Sea anymore.

• Helpful
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I did a writeup of how important 60' times can be for 1/4 mile times even when trap speeds don't change hardly at all. I had to make it a separate thread so I could include Dragy screenshots or else it just wouldn't make sense. If anyone is curious here is that thread.