Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
welp folks, it was a pleasure wasting 30 minutes with ya
At least it wasn’t an Elon presentation, it wouldn’t have even STARTED by now.

Bah dump dump.

I can’t wait to see all the Tesla YouTube influencers try and make a video about this, and then wondering why their payout over ~ 1 month is only about a snickers bar. - ONE BAR.

Don’t worry, I’m not going to wait.

Reactions: phantasms
The Rivian R2 is advertising a 0-60 under 3 seconds and a price of around $45K. For a modern performance EV, 0-60 above 3 just doesn't cut it anymore when a Cybertruck or R1 is faster, and now the R2.

I wonder if Tesla was waiting for the R2 and R3 announcements to figure out where they have to set the M3P's performance (given it's all just tune-able software balance between warranty costs, production yield, and performance)

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
The Rivian R2 is advertising a 0-60 under 3 seconds and a price of around $45K. For a modern performance EV, 0-60 above 3 just doesn't cut it anymore when a Cybertruck or R1 is faster, and now the R2.

I wonder if Tesla was waiting for the R2 and R3 announcements to figure out where they have to set the M3P's performance (given it's all just tune-able software balance between warranty costs, production yield, and performance)
R2 doesn’t actually ship till 2026. Cars will be doing sub 1 second 0-60 mph by then.

• Funny
Reactions: momo3605 and Tiger

That $45k is base model. The tri motor version will be much much more than that.

The Rivian R2 is advertising a 0-60 under 3 seconds and a price of around $45K.
It’s vaporware at the moment. At least if we go by the metric that was used for the CT when it was paraded on stage.

Highly doubt it will come in at their price point, as they had to eat crow to offer R1 vehicles at the announced & locked in price point. At least they learned this time and didn’t lock people into reveal pricing.

Did they just do a cash raise by taking preorder money? probably. Will the produce the product? time will tell. Would I buy another vehicle from them while their service dept is in shambles? - heeeeeckkkkk no. Not ever. Not me. Fool me once…

Reactions: superflyrolla
It’s vaporware at the moment. At least if we go by the metric that was used for the CT when it was paraded on stage.

Highly doubt it will come in at their price point, as they had to eat crow to offer R1 vehicles at the announced & locked in price point. At least they learned this time and didn’t lock people into reveal pricing.

Did they just do a cash raise by taking preorder money? probably. Will the produce the product? time will tell. Would I buy another vehicle from them while their service dept is in shambles? - heeeeeckkkkk no. Not ever. Not me. Fool me once…
Service worse than Tesla? Is that possible?

• Funny
Reactions: Lolo780
Have you guys seen this? A larger motor is being fitted to the new Model 3 Highland Performance resulting in a total power output of 618HP! Will this give a (much lighter but slower revving) 911 Turbo S a run?!

IMG_2548.jpeg

Updated Tesla Model 3 Performance May Get A Big Power Bump: Leaked Docs

3AM roll racing is utterly useless except as a d*ck-waving contest.

The Model 3 Performance is quick where it needs to be - below 100 mph, where every single one of them spends 99% of its time.

For me it's fun to roll race just for the thrill of the acceleration and seeing what the car is capable of and has nothing to do with trying to show my superiority over someone else. Not all of us have to do something for show. Tough concept for you to grasp, I know.

I also happen to live off the 130 in Texas with endless miles of flat straight stretches of multilane pavement and an 80-85 mph speed limit. There are countless times I've let my 3 stretch it's legs for a short while wishing there was more oomph past 60. Not necessarily to 130, but atleast maintaining a strong pull to 100-110 would be a nice improvement to me.

And I could give a rat's arse where I spend 99% of my time. We all drive in traffic. But if I can enjoy 1% of that time doing something fun, it's worth it.

Last edited: