Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news: I got my VIN!

Bad news: I'm on a deadlock. I'm new in the US and I don't have insurance. I have a quote with progressive but they ask documents for verification to complete the purchase. They ask for:
1. Vehicle Photos: I feel Tesla won't be giving me that even if I ask (?).
2. Vehicle Registration: " bill of sale if you just purchased the vehicle.": I guess I have to complete the purchase before inspection then?

Does anyone know what a ball park figure should cost to get a level 2 charging 240 volt outlet installed in a garage? I know it is dependent on different things like the length to the electrical box, but I rang one company and they said roughly $1700 is that about average or over priced?

Good news: I got my VIN!

Bad news: I'm on a deadlock. I'm new in the US and I don't have insurance. I have a quote with progressive but they ask documents for verification to complete the purchase. They ask for:
1. Vehicle Photos: I feel Tesla won't be giving me that even if I ask (?).
2. Vehicle Registration: " bill of sale if you just purchased the vehicle.": I guess I have to complete the purchase before inspection then?

This are very odd requests, who are you going through for insurance? Typically insurance only wants pictures of used cars, and they can be taken several days after taking delivery. I have also never had insurance ask for any proof of purchase for any vehicle I've ever insured.

Does anyone know what a ball park figure should cost to get a level 2 charging 240 volt outlet installed in a garage? I know it is dependent on different things like the length to the electrical box, but I rang one company and they said roughly $1700 is that about average or over priced?
I just paid $1100 in CT. the panel is on the left side of a 2 car garage in the basement.. the run went up and over both garage doors and down the other side. We had to move 2 breakers to an existing subpanel to make room. The wiring was run through external metal conduit over the garage doors. We put in a 60 Amp breaker.

Reactions: Falcon73

In 2019 I paid $850; the run was from the back of the basement to the middle of the garage side wall, five conduit bends. In five years of inflation I can see where it would be twice that.

This are very odd requests, who are you going through for insurance? Typically insurance only wants pictures of used cars, and they can be taken several days after taking delivery. I have also never had insurance ask for any proof of purchase for any vehicle I've ever insured.

I'm trying with Progressive since I have a foreigner driver's license for now. TA tells me I'll just have that information after I schedule delivery. I thought I needed insurance for that.

Just picked mine up in Miami.
IMG_1724.jpeg
IMG_1716.jpeg
IMG_1711.jpeg
IMG_1726.jpeg

I was quoted $1200 before materials with the first bid I got, got a second one for $825 total. Went with the second one. In WA.

EDD is Mar 1st - 8th
Already have a VIN.
What are the chances it comes even earlier than these dates listed and I’m able to schedule my delivery? I feel like 3 weeks is a bit of a stretch no?
My sales advisor told me yesterday that the day we get a VIN is our car's birthday. He said they're normally shipped out the next day. I'm scheduled to pick mine up Tuesday unless they release it early. It seems like the cars have to be at the dealer location a little bit before we can take it. I bet you get yours close to 3/1!

Reactions: sydneylax and catxi
I'm trying with Progressive since I have a foreigner driver's license for now. TA tells me I'll just have that information after I schedule delivery. I thought I needed insurance for that.
You can take pictures of the car, and the registration in the spot. You need to call the insurance company on spot and get all verification. I recommend you go earlier to pickup and choose a weekday.

My sales advisor told me yesterday that the day we get a VIN is our car's birthday. He said they're normally shipped out the next day. I'm scheduled to pick mine up Tuesday unless they release it early. It seems like the cars have to be at the dealer location a little bit before we can take it. I bet you get yours close to 3/1!
Very cool.

So a vin assigned means the car is done being built and waiting for delivery via truck or train?

In california cost is usually between $800-1000 if it’s within 10ish feet of main panel. The another 200-300 for the permitting and inspection.