Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a Text from Tesla asking to reply if ready or not ready. The deliver center is about 9 miles away and I have one about less than a mile. I am close to Buena Park same city as my residence but got a text saying Tesla Long Beach deliver center. Is this normal? Does this text mean close to VIN assignment? Thanks
I got the same exact text as you, same location as well. Got the text on Saturday but I didn't respond til Tuesday. Still haven't gotten a VIN nor the text for self schedule appointment

Last edited:
I got the same exact text as you, same location as well. Got the text on Saturday but I didn't respond til Tuesday. Still haven't gotten a VIN nor the text for self schedule appointment
Seems like all of us have a vin# imminent. Our cars might be on the same transport to Orange County. Was hoping for a clear day for delivery; just to see better at inspection. Next week is going to be Noah's Ark wet, seems like.

Some advice for us folks waiting on the Highland. I’ve been in 9 of them now and every one of them had an issue with the door lighting strip where it meets the dash strip. The door was aligned really well so might be an issue with the door panel itself on these early builds. It’s one of those things that can’t be “unseen” particularly when the LED is lit up. Hoping it gets sorted out pretty quickly.

Reactions: xelanoslen
Some advice for us folks waiting on the Highland. I’ve been in 9 of them now and every one of them had an issue with the door lighting strip where it meets the dash strip. The door was aligned really well so might be an issue with the door panel itself on these early builds. It’s one of those things that can’t be “unseen” particularly when the LED is lit up. Hoping it gets sorted out pretty quickly.
Like it doesn't align totally with the dash strip?

I haven’t been in any yet (demo drive tomorrow morning) but every one I’ve seen on YouTube the LED strip is misaligned. I’m assuming they’ll all be like this.

Like it doesn't align totally with the dash strip?
The door panel strip protrudes too far so from the drivers seat the lights are pretty badly misaligned. You can see it here a little on the passenger side (this one isn’t as bad). I’ll post more pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0897.jpeg
    IMG_0897.jpeg
    638.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I’ve seen these as well on videos. Always kept an eye on the part. You’re talking right around the driver side mirror?

I didn’t really see the issue from China builds.

I’m going to wait and see how the first Fremont owners fare. It’s such a hyped feature and designed to be straight and continuous. You can tell it’s the panel because on the passenger side of the cars I examined there is an even gap where the dash meets the door panel by the mirror on the passenger side, but on the drivers side it’s not formed correctly because there’s no gap at all on the drivers side. If you press against the door panel at the mirror area, it looks perfect. Keep in mind these are all the first built cars from Fremont so hoping they find the issue and correct it because when the light is aligned correctly, it’s an impressive band of light.
IMG_1040.jpeg

From Long Beach Tesla? What is wrong with their system.
Yea from long Beach. Which is weird bc that's not as close to me as Costa Mesa or Buena park. I called BP location and the guy on the phone just told me vague/basic answers that I already knew. Like "your vin should be coming soon since you got the text." And that was it. No update on vin or text yet.