Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone in Pittsburgh getting their car today. Looked really nice.
IMG_0814.jpeg

First impressions:

1. The car rides much smoother than my 21 M3 SR. Suspension is much better. Handling is the same yet ride is more cushioned. Perfect imo.

2. My car gently veers to the right. Noticed this on drive home but thought maybe it was in my head. So, made a few local trips and decided it definitely veers to the right. Called Tesla Delivery rep, and he advised to make a service appointment using app. Did that, but next available date is 2/20. So, a little bummed they can’t get that resolved faster, but overall - not a big deal.

3. The build quality is superior to previous 2018 M3 and 2021 M3 I have owned. Noise reduction is very noticeable. The glass on the car also “feels” to be blocking more UV/heat than my 2021 M3 - (maybe someone here knows more details on this?)

4. Sound system upgrade is very nice and bass is increased along with overall quality

5. Small scratch on rear passenger fender. It was a hairline scratch that you could feel with your finger. Told Tesla rep and he initially tried to spray car wash spray and wipe. Didn’t work. He called the detailed and that guy brought out a power buffer and some wax. He said the scratch was a bit deeper so he needs a more harder pad. He switched to different pad and went at it. Within 10 mins, I could hardly notice the scratch and I told them I was happy with result

6. Light strip gap seems to be fine in my car, I think the alignment near both doors is fine

Overall, love the new ride!

First impressions:

1. The car rides much smoother than my 21 M3 SR. Suspension is much better. Handling is the same yet ride is more cushioned. Perfect imo.

2. My car gently veers to the right. Noticed this on drive home but thought maybe it was in my head. So, made a few local trips and decided it definitely veers to the right. Called Tesla Delivery rep, and he advised to make a service appointment using app. Did that, but next available date is 2/20. So, a little bummed they can’t get that resolved faster, but overall - not a big deal.

3. The build quality is superior to previous 2018 M3 and 2021 M3 I have owned. Noise reduction is very noticeable. The glass on the car also “feels” to be blocking more UV/heat than my 2021 M3 - (maybe someone here knows more details on this?)

4. Sound system upgrade is very nice and bass is increased along with overall quality

5. Small scratch on rear passenger fender. It was a hairline scratch that you could feel with your finger. Told Tesla rep and he initially tried to spray car wash spray and wipe. Didn’t work. He called the detailed and that guy brought out a power buffer and some wax. He said the scratch was a bit deeper so he needs a more harder pad. He switched to different pad and went at it. Within 10 mins, I could hardly notice the scratch and I told them I was happy with result

6. Light strip gap seems to be fine in my car, I think the alignment near both doors is fine

Congrats. 🎊

Reactions: Tezla1
will Tesla honor the FSD transfer if the car is delivered in April? Has anyone talked to the advisor about it?
I went for a test drive today (first day M3 demo was available in Nashville :confused:) and asked the advisor about it. She said that FSD transfer would likely only be honored past 3/31 if the full estimated delivery window was within Q1 AT THE TIME YOU ORDERED. So if you got a Mar-Apr delivery window at the time you ordered, then she's thinking the transfer won't be honored unless you actually take delivery by 3/31.

What sucks is I ordered 2/3 and have the email to prove it, though the app says my order date was 2/4. I could have sworn my EDD showed Feb-Mar in the app the day I ordered, but I can't prove it - I didn't take any screen shots. On 2/4, the day the FSD transfer was announced and the app *says* I ordered, my EDD range was Mar-Apr. So that may mean, unless they get their logistics worked out, that you only get FSD transfer on a new M3 if you ordered it before the FSD transfer was announced.

Today, I got an update with a window of 4/2-5/14, though I see others who ordered the same day as me getting EDDs before 3/31. So it's kinda wild that my ability to transfer FSD may also depend entirely on where I live. At this point, I'm leaning toward not taking delivery, and waiting until the next FSD transfer offer comes along. Don't know.

Last edited:
Depends what the paperwork says is if the transfer applies. Do there is a timebound clause of 31st of March?
Yes it’s in the paperwork. Just seems rotten that the order was placed Feb 4 and all the paperwork is done and now simply because waiting for it may take us past Mar 31 I may lose out on the transfer. I mean the order was placed almost 2 months before the deadline. Just seems unfair to miss out waiting for Tesla to do their part and deliver the car. Oh well.

First impressions:

Very nice! Congrats!

For those who have taken delivery and had it for some time, how's the range playing out? LR/SR

Yes it’s in the paperwork. Just seems rotten that the order was placed Feb 4 and all the paperwork is done and now simply because waiting for it may take us past Mar 31 I may lose out on the transfer. I mean the order was placed almost 2 months before the deadline. Just seems unfair to miss out waiting for Tesla to do their part and deliver the car. Oh well.
I feel you! Totally understand how bad it is to be in that position.

Unfortunately the promotion was mostly targeted for exisiting inventory and the Model 3 was added after people complain. I wish that all the people in that position get honored. The last time by simply finishing all the steps for a March 31st delivery (credit checks) were honored even there were delays.

Reactions: luginewo
I feel you! Totally understand how bad it is to be in that position.

Unfortunately the promotion was mostly targeted for exisiting inventory and the Model 3 was added after people complain. I wish that all the people in that position get honored. The last time by simply finishing all the steps for a March 31st delivery (credit checks) were honored even there were delays.
If all steps are completed, then as per last time it will be honored!

Reactions: luginewo