Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another EDD update this morning 2/17/24. I am in the Los Angeles area.
LR. stealth gray, white, nova wheels
Order Date 1-10-24

Is it possible that this New Tesla Model 3 is hand made and being imported from Italy? **sarcasm**

Like I have been saying all along, I feel Tesla will push most of the deliveries out to the very end of the quarter (March 2024). This is good if you own Tesla stock, but not such a good experience if you are buying a Tesla. I guess I will take a break from looking at my phone app, and this forum, and come back second half of march. Have a great weekend!
I don't think you posted your new EDD

Reactions: zoomer0056
Now it's 2/20 - 2/26. I'm really hoping for today though. I've got all my fingers crossed you get an update soon. It seems like the black is rolling out so I bet yours is on its way to you!
Yes! I got my update, March 1st - 8th. No vin yet, but im hopeful ill get it within the next week :). Post pics as soon as you get yours!!

I'm sorry to everyone who's EDD's are being pushed constantly - I find it weird that it is due to the white interior, i would have thought they'd like to push the white interior out sooner since people paid more for it and the white is kind of like Teslas "Signature". I'm hopeful for you all though. I was here worried i'd have to wait until end of March, but i got bumped up to the first week!

On a production standpoint, I’d imagine they have their build assembly set for black interior as they push through RWD and AWD builds. It would take more infrastructure to create them simultaneously with the amount of orders they are getting. I am betting they started with black interior and getting all those variations, changing the build config, and moving on to RWD/AWD white. This is a guess obviously, but it makes sense to me.

Reactions: catxi
Just dropped into the carlsbad location they have 3 grey 3 reds for test drive and two grey awd black int with photons to be picked up. the sales advisor was clearly irritated that i asked if they would lookup my RN. they did tell me that loyalty is a factor in allocations...

Just dropped into the carlsbad location they have 3 grey 3 reds for test drive and two grey awd black int with photons to be picked up. the sales advisor was clearly irritated that i asked if they would lookup my RN. they did tell me that loyalty is a factor in allocations...
6 Cars for test drives? What they mean with loyalty? Lol :) you cannot ask now for status of your order?

Yeah I guess that existing Tesla customers and influencers will get priority. A new Tesla user could turn to a bad one with negative comments. For example Lady Gaga have a Cybertruck, did she was one with a founders reservation? Of course not!

6 Cars for test drives? What they mean with loyalty? Lol :) you cannot ask now for status of your order?

Yeah I guess that existing Tesla customers and influencers will get priority. A new Tesla user could turn to a bad one with negative comments. For example Lady Gaga have a Cybertruck, did she was one with a founders reservation? Of course not!
Agree, 6 test drive vehicles sounds pretty excessive. I went to my local center for a test drive too, I was literally the only non employee there. I dunno how many demo vehicles they had but I hope not every center gets 6 of a model, they sure didn’t need multiples when I went!
I did kinda want to take a Model S for a spin, especially if they had a Plaid. But then I didn’t want to ruin myself either. So I didn’t ask.
I totally get them wanting to prioritize repeat customers, as I think is fitting to do as a reward for loyalty.

Agree, 6 test drive vehicles sounds pretty excessive. I went to my local center for a test drive too, I was literally the only non employee there. I dunno how many demo vehicles they had but I hope not every center gets 6 of a model, they sure didn’t need multiples when I went!
I did kinda want to take a Model S for a spin, especially if they had a Plaid. But then I didn’t want to ruin myself either. So I didn’t ask.
I totally get them wanting to prioritize repeat customers, as I think is fitting to do as a reward for loyalty.
I wonder if they’ll consider me a return customer. I had an M3 from 2022-23 that I had to get a refund on.

• Funny
Reactions: Super Gizmo