Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was playing for 10 minutes with the spreadsheet data and GPT 4 has not much idea what's going on I guess. Anyway, just having fun haha. PLEASE, this is just for fun, and I haven't done a great job with the prompts:
Based on the provided table content and focusing solely on the factors listed there, here are the factors influencing VIN allocation and EDD, re-evaluated for their importance without including a generalized "customizations" category:

1. **Model:** The specific model of the car being ordered, as different models might have different production times and availability.

2. **Order Date:** When the order is placed, which can influence the queue position for production and, subsequently, the timing of VIN allocation and EDD.

3. **Location:** The delivery location, affecting logistics, shipping times, and potentially the prioritization of orders based on regional demands or distribution strategies.

4. **Exterior Color:** Chosen color, which might impact production scheduling if certain colors are less readily available or require special production batches.

5. **Interior Color:** Selected interior color, which could similarly affect production if specific interior options are in lower supply or demand additional assembly time.

6. **Wheels:** The type of wheels selected, which might have variations in availability and could slightly affect the production process.

Given these considerations, a revised weighting from 0 to 100 based on their importance specifically for VIN allocation and EDD, directly derived from the table data, would look like this:

- **Model:** 100 (Critical due to direct production line implications)
- **Order Date:** 90 (Highly significant for queue positioning and scheduling)
- **Location:** 80 (Important for logistical and regional distribution considerations)
- **Exterior Color:** 60 (Moderately impactful based on availability and production planning)
- **Interior Color:** 60 (Similar impact as exterior color, affecting production scheduling)
- **Wheels:** 50 (Least impactful but still relevant for production customization)

This weighting scheme reflects the direct observations from the table and acknowledges that while all listed factors play a role in determining VIN allocation and EDD, their impact is not uniform, with the model and order date being most crucial.

For example, I have the feeling that location is more important than order date sometimes.

Will be interesting to hear!
We’ll see in time if “loyalty” is truly a factor, but I can tell you the store employees (at least the 2 I talked to) were completely clueless. Nice enough but pretty sure this thread knows far more than they do. Also, once I said I already had an order in process they lost all interest in the conversation.

I pick up already my baby today
As I felt while driving from Dublin to my home ( 30 miles )
  • Road noise to me it’s no noise ( no music )
  • Wind noise it seem no noise with me
  • Steering Wheel it’s stiff a bit like sport mode ( standrad mode )
  • Car suspension it’s smooth when I drove throught small potholes in the road ( speed 70 miles )
  • Button left-right turn it’s not comfortable when I push ( like stiff when I press on the edge )

I pick up already my baby today
As I felt while driving from Dublin to my home ( 30 miles )
  • Road noise to me it’s no noise ( no music )
  • Wind noise it seem no noise with me
  • Steering Wheel it’s stiff a bit like sport mode ( standrad mode )
  • Car suspension it’s smooth when I drove throught small potholes in the road ( speed 70 miles )
  • Button left-right turn it’s not comfortable when I push ( like stiff when I press on the edge )
Wheres our pics?! Jk lol Congrats!!

I hope someone is about to get a delivery! I saw a new Model 3 in an unusual location in the wild today. We took a road trip from DFW to Austin to see our daughter. On the way south, we saw 3 car haulers filled with new Teslas heading north out of Austin. The third carrier had two Cybertrucks on the top row, otherwise they all looked like Model Y’s in the quick looks we had in passing. On the way home headed north from Austin, we passed another car hauler also heading north loaded with Teslas - again, I expected them to be all Model Y’s. The last car on the lower deck was a new Stealth Grey Model 3 (new tail lights, Tesla spelled out on the rear deck)! I was shocked to see a new Model 3 apparently headed out of Austin. Perhaps it was shipped to Austin to go north with a load of Model Y’s. There was a semi truck between us and the car hauler, so I was only able to see the last two cars on the hauler (Model Y on top, Model 3 below). We did our second test drive of the new Model 3 yesterday, so the look was fresh on my mind!

Attachments

• IMG_2138.jpeg
    IMG_2138.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2141.jpeg
    IMG_2141.jpeg
    498.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2139.jpeg
    IMG_2139.jpeg
    518.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2140.jpeg
    IMG_2140.jpeg
    485.6 KB · Views: 15
Got a notification at 6pm tonight from Tesla advisor on app, 2/17, had to sign Tesla vision disclosure, was assigned a vin.

My estimated delivery changed from 2/28-3/30 to 2/18-2/25 aka this week.

Not getting my hopes up as this timeline doesn’t seem to match anything I’ve seen. Live in Denver too, far from port.
What’s your OD? Build?

Reactions: 1stEV_24_M3_LR
Got a notification at 6pm tonight from Tesla advisor on app, 2/17, had to sign Tesla vision disclosure, was assigned a vin.

Not getting my hopes up as this timeline doesn’t seem to match anything I’ve seen. Live in Denver too, far from port.
@Joseph S that’s wonderful news. Getting a VIN

Awesome news. Excited for you. 👍🏽

My EDD updated from 2/28-3/31 to 3/1-3/29

OD 1/10, Raleigh, NC

I also test drove the M3 in Chicago (where I currently live) and it was amazing. Such a beautiful upgrade.

Asked the reps there if I could trade in my car in IL while picking up in NC and he said no..which is different from what I’ve been told by others so not sure

Reactions: zoomer0056
I had a stealth hitch on my 2023 M3 that I was able to recover after that car was totaled. I'm hoping that I'll be able to install the hitch on my new 2024 M3. Some sites are saying that the stealth hitch is compatible with model years 17-23 while others list compatibility for that same product as 17-24.

Does anyone know if there are changes to the location of the crash bar mounting points on the rear bumper? Those are the points that the stealth hitch bolts up to so if those have moved I'll be out of luck.

Oh also, have any of our lucky new owners here looked to see if there is still an access hatch under the center of the rear bumper like the previous version of the M3?