Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried that, still same dates from changing 2 days ago. Hopefully itll update or I get a VIN on the early side of my EDD.
I also changed from white to black interior, not to speed it up but just preference, and no change in EDD. Unless you've got a narrow EDD already I don't think it will make much difference, or at least we won't know until more LRs start getting VINs.

I also changed from white to black interior, not to speed it up but just preference, and no change in EDD. Unless you've got a narrow EDD already I don't think it will make much difference, or at least we won't know until more LRs start getting VINs.
Nope. Just randomness of Tesla and awful communication
1708724580739.png

There might be another problem here and the reason why Tesla introduced Highland in the US 6 months after it was introduced in Europe and China. Perhaps something is off with long range batteries & part supplies in the US, Fremont factory, etc. I had two Teslas before and I always got them within 3 weeks.
Nah you probably just ordered them after they'd been making these models for a while.

A bunch of AWD's went out last month, to the point where RWD people felt nervous they weren't seeing any. But those people never posted in the spreadsheet because they got their car and stopped coming back by the time it existed.

Talking out my butt here, it’s the same way for me and I think that our vehicles are in transit right now.
If it were really in transit, the most it would take (to anywhere in the country) is probably on the order of a week. But your EDD window *starting* in 3 weeks would not make sense for that logic. Plus, if yours were in transit, you'd likely have a VIN. Mine became "unable to edit design" after I submitted FSD transfer paperwork 10 days ago, and my EDD is roughly the same as yours too, and I'm in Arizona (i.e. transport will take 2 days from California).
So I don't think there's any correlation there at all, realistically.

Reactions: darkrai
your experience is basically what happened with my factory order Mazda Miata haha. I ordered it and didn't get a notice it was ready until 6 months later when it arrived on the boat from Japan. One of my friends had a factory order Porsche and that took about 1 year from order to build, not including waiting for a dealer allocation to get the build spot. So some perspective for other with a high volume cheap brand (Mazda) and a luxury high end (Porsche). I think waiting for a custom order car to show up by the end of every quarter is acceptable to me :)
But did they say delivery in month or two when you ordered?

Reactions: impatient_guy