Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems that there are delays for deliveries in RWD (maybe same as AWD) because of lack of EPA approval of Model 3 Highland.

Seems that we might see a drop or increase of Autonomy if they find the numbers published are not the same. Happened to Model S now Model 3. That explains the delays we have seeing of current RWD.

Source: reddit, messages with the Tesla team.

Seems that there are delays for deliveries in RWD (maybe same as AWD) because of lack of EPA approval of Model 3 Highland.

Seems that we might see a drop or increase of Autonomy if they find the numbers published are not the same. Happened to Model S now Model 3. That explains the delays we have seeing of current RWD.

How could this be true if many including both AWD and RWD vehicles have already gone out?

I honestly think the only delays, outside of their issues with the white interior (probably because of the new front seats), they have are due to ramping up the process for a new vehicle and not any outside factor. I mean this is the same company that is notoriously bad for meeting their own deadlines (anyone remember the roadster lol)

What were you offered before, and what were you offered now?
The first offer was 0 down and $550 a month for a three year, 10K mile lease. I had to pay about $2500 in taxes and fees. The new offer was $500 down and the payment is $477ish a month. I still had to pay the $2500 in fees. All that is off the top of my head! I can't find the documents on the app! :)

Reactions: sydneylax
The first offer was 0 down and $550 a month for a three year, 10K mile lease. I had to pay about $2500 in taxes and fees. The new offer was $500 down and the payment is $477ish a month. I still had to pay the $2500 in fees. All that is off the top of my head! I can't find the documents on the app! :)
When were the new terms announced? I am waiting to lease a LR but didn't know there were better terms available.

Reactions: Javid010
Sorry I’m just getting caught up with this part of the thread, how was it that your lease terms ended up changing? Were they just different when you took delivery or did you have to reapply?

The sale ban started in Feb 24th. Anything before that is fair game. Messages look authentic and we began to see delays of deliveries of RWD without explanation (After March 5th) of other members starting today.

I have. Oh I was not aware this wasn’t possible, that’s great to hear! But still, there is a non-zero chance, right? Like, Bluetooth issues or running out of battery (it not charging of course). Because of my work I’m always using developer OS builds on my phone so there is always chance for some instability, but probably I’m overthinking it haha.
I think there’s always a chance, and I don’t want to find out the hard way, haha. I run developer builds and betas too, are you a developer?

Reactions: tartaruga
Does 2024 M3 has HW4? Can't find any confirmation if it has Hardware 4 or more like 3.5.

The reason im asking because in about car page it says Full Self Driving Computer like in 2023 M3

And found Forbes article

"Highland was supposed to be the first recipient of Hardware Version 4, with much higher resolution cameras, 12 rather than 9 of the latter, faster computing hardware, and HD Radar. But there was no sign that the car I drove had these upgrades, although camera views looked clearer. "

In the ATL, i'm still March 6-13th, no change or option for an exact delivery date.

wondering, when these cars are delivered to local Tesla stores, are they usually 4-5 cars delivered at a time?
Atl also, my store said my car will arrive on Mar 11th and I can pick up earliest Mar 13th at 10am. Have you reached out through the tesla app, thats how I was able to schedule so early. I just asked where is my car and when can I pick it up.

Do you guys know if you’re able to change your decision on the delivery date you chose? I chose Tuesday, but now that day doesn’t work for me and the other day (Monday) would work better.
Better take the day they are available. Just my 2 cents. With Tesla you never know and you want an entire week.

Edit: thought you were changing to next week which is not the case.

Last edited:
Better take the day they are available. Just my 2 cents. With Tesla you never know and you want an entire week.
Yeah, they offered me Monday the 4th and Tuesday the 5th. I chose Tuesday but now I remembered I have an important event that day but I can’t risk not being able to get the car. I messaged my advisor to see if he can change the pick up date to Monday instead

Just got a message randomly from Tesla saying "Complete your payment info to prepare for delivery" no VIN or updates to my EDD of Mar 11-31st though. Anyone else get this message when they were close?
Yes, I just reached out today to these useless morons. That means the financing has expired. Amazing. I'm just about at the point of canceling my order on my first ever Tesla.