Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the party. Honestly, with the stats you showed and your location, you’ll probably be in and out of here pretty quick.
HOLY CRAP!! You were right, I got my VIN assigned this morning!!! 😱😱

Attachments

• IMG_3268.jpeg
    IMG_3268.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 25
Day 44 No vin
OD 1/12. Stealth Grey, AWD, Black interior. Bay Area
Current EDD status 2/26-3/25
Will I get a vin tomorrow? Hoping I do and with current trends in this forum it seems a lot of deliveries are planning out to be in the 3/1-3/18 time frame?
I hope you do, it just show it shows that they are making AWD again. Please keep us posted.

My EDD just changed again! I ordered on 1/10. EDD1=jan-feb, EDD2=2/9-3/8, EDD3=2/24-3/23. As of this morning, EDD4=3/1-3/31. I sold my M3 ‘18 a few weeks ago and have been renting since then. How are others in NJ doing that order around 1/10?

Order date =1/10
Loc=NJ
M3 Highland LR
Black with white interior
18” Photon wheels

Reactions: StealthgreyM3
My EDD just changed again! I ordered on 1/10. EDD1=jan-feb, EDD2=2/9-3/8, EDD3=2/24-3/23. As of this morning, EDD4=3/1-3/31. I sold my M3 ‘18 a few weeks ago and have been renting since then. How are others in NJ doing that order around 1/10?

Order date =1/10
Loc=NJ
M3 Highland LR
18” Photon wheels
It's the whiten interior. Switch to black if you want it quicker.

Reactions: xii_
As of now, I should be picking up my new model 3 in about 24 hours! Advisor confirmed everything is still on track and the car will be available for my originally scheduled delivery. Kind of feel like a kid on Christmas Eve haha.

Will be my first EV... any recommendations on things to look for or settings to adjust on delivery day??
I’ve picked mine yesterday and it was also my first EV. One thing I was a bit confused about was the calibration of some camera-based resources, like autopilot and auto gear shifting. It turns out you have to drive around for s while for the system to calibrate before these can be used, so don’t worry about it if you see the messages. I think after about 10-20 miles it was calibrated.

Besides that try not to let your phone in the car if you don’t have a card key with you. It might get locked. I did it yesterday already and realized the risk haha. I’m looking into some smart watch key fob solution just in case.

As for settings, since EVs are new for me I made sure to set the driving mode for chill until I can get more used to it. They I drive a bit in the parking lot, made many rounds in the neighborhood and finally went to the road.

Reactions: Falcon73 and MNTonX
Besides that try not to let your phone in the car if you don’t have a card key with you. It might get locked. I did it yesterday already and realized the risk haha. I’m looking into some smart watch key fob solution just in case.
Do you not have Phone Key setup on your phone? It shouldn't lock with the phone inside the car, unless Bluetooth disconnected or something

Reactions: tartaruga
Do you not have Phone Key setup on your phone? It shouldn't lock with the phone inside the car, unless Bluetooth disconnected or something
I have. Oh I was not aware this wasn’t possible, that’s great to hear! But still, there is a non-zero chance, right? Like, Bluetooth issues or running out of battery (it not charging of course). Because of my work I’m always using developer OS builds on my phone so there is always chance for some instability, but probably I’m overthinking it haha.

Order date =1/10
Loc=NJ
M3 Highland LR
18” Photon wheels
Ordered 1/11, also NJ but mine is Gray with Black interior. My first EDD was Feb-March and then it updated to March 1-31 and has never changed since. It’s been over a month since I’ve gotten an update.

Just did a Carvana quote and they offered me $500 more than Tesla. Idk how I would sell it since I’m currently driving it until delivery.

Congrats! Would love to know what factors people were discussing for the RWD vs AWD debate? Have booked AWD but still keep thinking RWD is better value/ more suited to my needs now..
We road trip our cars often and need the range. Also, faster. Also, better interior. I would get the Performance but don't like the bumpier ride or the bigger wheels

I’ve picked mine yesterday and it was also my first EV. One thing I was a bit confused about was the calibration of some camera-based resources, like autopilot and auto gear shifting. It turns out you have to drive around for s while for the system to calibrate before these can be used, so don’t worry about it if you see the messages. I think after about 10-20 miles it was calibrated.

As for settings, since EVs are new for me I made sure to set the driving mode for chill until I can get more used to it. They I drive a bit in the parking lot, made many rounds in the neighborhood and finally went to the road.
Nice... congrats! I'm definitely looking forward to it myself.

I'm about 20 miles from the delivery location, so should hopefully be an ideal drive home for the cameras to get calibrated. I test drove the LR dual motor a few weeks back and was in love with it... only thing I think will take me some time getting use to is the regen braking and stockless wheel. I'm really curious to see how different the launch is on my RWD compared to the dual motor I test drove.