Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should we include the payment type? Know it might be tricky that not everyone want to disclose. To see trends on VINs assignation.

There is no trend for payment type. Tesla does not prioritize orders based on payment type. If that was the case, people would just mark their orders as that payment type and it would end up with a ton of erroneous data for Tesla.

People also receive VINs when the Cash option is selected, but the car isn't paid for. Once you have a VIN, the car is near leaving the factory or on its way, and people change their payment methods after that happens. There is no way to prioritize that.

Hey everyone, just joined to let everyone know I received a VIN although my EDD yesterday changed to APR-MAY.
Order Date: 1/10
LR White Exterior Black Interior
Los Angeles, CA

Received VIN 2/27 EDD Feb 28 - March 7

It looks like California Orders for LR and being delivered soon, saw on the Excel sheet another user from Carlsbad, CA is getting a delivery sometime this week.
Thats me, taking delivery on Thursday (but they just called me and said I could come today)

• Love
Reactions: happyelegance
Has anyone ever seen their EDD move up rather than be pushed back? Or is the only time you see a sooner EDD when you have a VIN?
Mine has technically moved up when looking at the last date of the EDD. My last updated moved it from 3/31 to 3/17 for instance, while the first day of the EDD moved from 2/28 to 3/3. I would still consider that moving up I guess.

I got my VIN yesterday and called last evening and they gave me zero information. I called today and picked the sales instead of new vehicle delivery option and found someone very nice who helped me out. She told me that my car was built yesterday and today it's on its way to the train yard. She states there's no guarantee when it will leave there, as it has to wait for the train to fill up first. She said once it leaves California I should have it in 5 to 7 days.

• Love
First time poster.

First Tesla.
Model 3 LR, Ultra Red, Black interior, 18” Photons (changed order from 19” Novas on 2/8/24 which did not seemingly effect timeline).
Tesla Delivery Location Salem, OR, 609 miles north of Fremont.

Ordered night of 1/9/24.
Official order date from Tesla of 1/10/24.
EDD changed 9 times going from a two month EDD window to two week EDD window to one month EDD window to one and a half week EDD window that kept getting bumped a day later four times.
VIN assigned 2/26/24.
Delivery scheduled for 2/29/24.

I got my VIN yesterday and called last evening and they gave me zero information. I called today and picked the sales instead of new vehicle delivery option and found someone very nice who helped me out. She told me that my car was built yesterday and today it's on its way to the train yard. She states there's no guarantee when it will leave there, as it has to wait for the train to fill up first. She said once it leaves California I should have it in 5 to 7 days.
yea my SA was kind to set up a March 6 delivery time and date....But he said he has no idea right now if the car will be there or not.
He/she didn't seem to have the ability to figure out where the car currently is....

yea, tried to keep the original sheet from "personal" items like payment type etc.
I would suggest adding "Previous Tesla Owner?" and "FSD Transfer?" as columns. I believe those are likely factors (prioritizing owner loyalty, and FSD offer expiring 03/31).
Oh, and if possible: a "VIN Assigned" pie chart for White and Black Interiors, as that sure seems a factor we're discussing.

Reactions: darkrai
First time poster.

First Tesla.
Model 3 LR, Ultra Red, Black interior, 18” Photons (changed order from 19” Novas on 2/8/24 which did not seemingly effect timeline).
Tesla Delivery Location Salem, OR, 609 miles north of Fremont.

Ordered night of 1/9/24.
Official order date from Tesla of 1/10/24.
EDD changed 9 times going from a two month EDD window to two week EDD window to one month EDD window to one and a half week EDD window that kept getting bumped a day later four times.
VIN assigned 2/26/24.
Delivery scheduled for 2/29/24.
Welcome, neighbor!

Reactions: HomelessGrunt
I filled out and returned the FSD transfer form the day it was released, but it has not affected my EDD.
It *could* be keeping it from slipping into April/May though. At least that's my theory. Plus, pretty likely that anyone with FSD is a good candidate to be a repeat Tesla customer. (Yes, could've bought a car used with FSD not from Tesla directly), but still..

Reactions: darkrai