Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My comment did not come “from a random sales person.” It came from a simple reading of the Tesla Full Self-Driving Capability Transfer Agreement. This agreement is what is called “an airtight agreement” in favor of Tesla. The signature line states: “ I____accept the terms and conditions of this Full Self-Driving capability transfer offer as stated in this binding acceptance letter.” This agreement does it contain any exceptions for extensions beyond March 31. Past practice indicates Tesla might extend the transfer date but it is under no legal obligation to do so. If a customer finds his/her DD extended past March 31, just ask Tesla if FSD will be transferred after March 31 pursuant to the Tesla Tweet before signing the transfer agreement.
They used the same agreement and wording last Q3 and updated their messaging later just like they are now. Chill bro, life is short!

The train stops in MD, so your date is probably earlier. I wouldn’t take what I typed for 100% truth on your case. You should definitely come in the delivery center and chat em’ up about your situation.

The train stops in MD, so your date is probably earlier. I wouldn’t take what I typed for 100% truth on your case. You should definitely come in the delivery center and chat em’ up about your situation.
The train goes from California to Chicago, then the cars are placed on trucks and taken to dealerships. That’s what happened with my previous car and was told it still works that way, at least in the Cleveland/Pittsburgh area.

Holy crap, that would be awesome. But it looks like I ordered mine about a week after you and my EDD is about 1-2 weeks away from yours so maybe mine is on the next train...? I did get a VIN around the same time tho so who knows. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: HomelessGrunt
Just a heads up for delivery inspection. Extra check your windows. I’ve posted here before that there was a defect in the glass of one of my windows. They came and replaced the glass. I had to call them again because the window wouldn’t close. They tried calibrating it but it didn’t work. They will have to replace the regulator motor. Kind of sucks.

That tracks with what my SA told me, said the estimated delivery to Boston would be March 5th for delivery of

Just a heads up for delivery inspection. Extra check your windows. I’ve posted here before that there was a defect in the glass of one of my windows. They came and replaced the glass. I had to call them again because the window wouldn’t close. They tried calibrating it but it didn’t work. They will have to replace the regulator motor. Kind of sucks.
I’m sorry to see that.

Reactions: tartaruga
Thoughts:
I have a delivery scheduled for the morning of 3/6. If the car is delayed, do i go back to end of the line in terms of scheduling a delivery....i'm assuming if my car is delayed others will be as well at the same store and everyone would just shift over a day until their cars arrive? SA just told me the rest of the week is booked up, so Of course now I'm nervous if we miss 3/6.....

Can someone talk about what some important things to do when and after taking delivery are?

Ie. Tinting, ppf, mats, trays, inspections etc

Idk if ppf is worth it

I spent around $300 on bumper, side rear rocker, hood and fender for PPF. Ebay had some PPF cutouts available for the 2024 refresh. Took 2 weeks to get here and in 8mil. Going to try to get it installed myself.

Can someone talk about what some important things to do when and after taking delivery are?

Ie. Tinting, ppf, mats, trays, inspections etc

Idk if ppf is worth it
none of that is "important". Worth it, is up to you.

tint - are you in a hot climate? If not, then it's just for looks. In a hot climate, it will help a tiny bit with in car temperatures if you get quality ceramic tint. not the cheap metallic or dyed tints. if you tint the rear window, tint the whole glass as 1 piece. multiple pieces are ugly and you will notice the line.

PPF - are you keeping the car a long time and/or do small blemishes bother you? PPF is expensive unless you DIY. a repaint or touchup of small blemishes will be significantly cheaper (depending on quality and amount of repair)

Mats - RWD doesn't come with mats and I think that's lame from Tesla. Get any mat that you want. AWD comes with carpet mats.

Trays - personal preference

Inspection - you should inspect any car from any brand that you buy from. But with Tesla make sure you inspect the car before you unlock the car. After you unlock the car, it's yours and you are subject to the service center repair queue.