Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it depends on which bank they use. I applied for a loan via the Tesla app and it was approved Feb 10. I was worried about the same thing so I asked the SA about financing expiration, and they said mine expired on Apr 10, or 60 days.
My issue is that if I did not find this forum I would have never have known that the financing could expire, I didn't have a SA I just ordered from the app and it says no where on there that it can expire..

So little bit frustrated this morning, woke up to my credit offer being expired....(delivery is estimated March 3rd-March 12th, with VIN assigned) what frustrates me is there was absolutely no verbiage during my whole ordering process that told me that if I applied for financing it would only be valid for 30 days, If I knew it was 30 days I would have waited, as a first time Tesla buyer I had no idea until I came here that the financing offers expired at all.

What is even more annoying is when I go to resubmit the minimum down payment is now $6600 (was $2900 before) I am assuming that this because of my trade in which is $6600, but I still have to pay $3900 of my loan of for that car.....
Mine expired this morning as well.. looks like mine was 30 days. I reapplied (didnt have a minimum down payment), actually used a smaller down payment because some other bills had come up in the past 30 days (the car I am replacing , my son is going to learn to drive on and use once he has his license, needed brakes and tires... good times.). Reapproved within an hour of submitting and looks like I got the same (or very close) terms.

My issue is that if I did not find this forum I would have never have known that the financing could expire, I didn't have a SA I just ordered from the app and it says no where on there that it can expire..
The website of Tesla mentions that the loan approval can be up to 60 days. Most banks usually do 30, 45 days preapprovals and 60 is nice but not all partners offer it.

Mine expired this morning as well.. looks like mine was 30 days. I reapplied (didnt have a minimum down payment), actually used a smaller down payment because some other bills had come up in the past 30 days (the car I am replacing , my son is going to learn to drive on and use once he has his license, needed brakes and tires... good times.). Reapproved within an hour of submitting and looks like I got the same (or very close) terms.
The problem is that if you have to reapply, that likely triggers another inquiry on your credit report and may affect your credit score. This is what I'm concerned about.

The problem is that if you have to reapply, that likely triggers another inquiry on your credit report and may affect your credit score. This is what I'm concerned about.
I ended up with 3 hard inquiries on my credit report due to this. The first initial credit check. When it expired the original bank ran it again and then a different bank ran it the same day. I ended up with the new bank. My score was not affected however.

Reactions: steffanv
I ended up with 3 hard inquiries on my credit report due to this. The first initial credit check. When it expired the original bank ran it again and then a different bank ran it the same day. I ended up with the new bank. My score was not affected however.
The range is typically 14-45 days if you apply for the same type of loan within that time frame the bureau can see that you’re in the market for a new vehicle and will only count them as one hard inquiry.

Reactions: steffanv
Nobody actually has an assigned SA during their order. Everyone is just bothering the people in the showrooms or messaging tesla in the app. When you order, the app sends you a message, you just reply to that message to get a person. It’s only closer to your actual delivery that someone from your assigned delivery center reaches out.

Spoke to a SA yesterday regarding my order (placed 02/21) Sg, white int, standard wheels.

On my app it shows EDD of march 27-31, and she anticipates it will come in within those 4 days, or earlier, based on what she was able to see. Located at one of the showrooms in the 925 area code, fairly close to fremont factory.

Do with this as you will. I specifically asked her if the edd is accurate based on everything she sees as I would opt for black interior if delivery is pushed after week 1 of april.

Nobody actually has an assigned SA during their order. Everyone is just bothering the people in the showrooms or messaging tesla in the app. When you order, the app sends you a message, you just reply to that message to get a person. It’s only closer to your actual delivery that someone from your assigned delivery center reaches out.
If you chat with a SA in a showroom and set a demo, that person get linked to your account. You have to place the order with the email you gave to the SA to make the link.

If you ordered without seeing a SA first 30 days prior your order, you will not have an SA.

SA just help you find the car, the delivery person will help to make payments and delivery tasks and that get assigned from your delivery center.

Spoke to a SA yesterday regarding my order (placed 02/21) Sg, white int, standard wheels.

On my app it shows EDD of march 27-31, and she anticipates it will come in within those 4 days, or earlier, based on what she was able to see. Located at one of the showrooms in the 925 area code, fairly close to fremont factory.

Do with this as you will. I specifically asked her if the edd is accurate based on everything she sees as I would opt for black interior if delivery is pushed after week 1 of april.
edit: not SA, but rather an individual on the delivery team at this showroom.

Same area code. Look forward to see your driving around once we get out our deliveries!

Reactions: dillpickle24