Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given how much into tech Tesla is, I'm surprised you can't see the status of your order at any given time. Kind of like Dominos does when you order a pizza, you can see each stage in the app. It doesn't even need to be specific, just something general so at least you know something is happening.
But can't you? The app shows you the latest delivery date estimate with all the delivery tasks below it. Not liking the delivery estimate doesn't mean they aren't communicating well. I ordered a BMW from Germany once and they didn't tell me anything. I had to search google to find the cargo ship and track it myself.

But can't you? The app shows you the latest delivery date estimate with all the delivery tasks below it. Not liking the delivery estimate doesn't mean they aren't communicating well. I ordered a BMW from Germany once and they didn't tell me anything. I had to search google to find the cargo ship and track it myself.
I ordered a BMW X5 around 8 years ago and they e-mailed me videos of the car being produced in Spatanburg,SC. Pretty cool seeing it going through the assembly line, even getting painted.

Reactions: happyelegance
On the accessories front, there is a 2024 version of the Quick Bandit available. I had one on my last M3 and it was a better option than the stock front plate mount IMO. I really liked being able to take it off to get the front of the car clean.

Hello to all those who are waiting . . .

I have been doing this since 2015. I currently have an order for a new M3, and it will be my 6th or 7th new Tesla (depending on whether I count the one I previously ordered for my wife).

I was reading many of the comments, and I decided to offer some things I’ve learned during the past 9 years.

First, to those who are suffering from righteous indignation because they ordered 50 days ago and someone who just ordered received a VIN. You should relax and understand that there is no cutting the line. What happens is the car was en-route to a buyer, and the buyer just clicked “cancel order.” Tesla doesn’t turn around the train and send the car back to Fremont. They simply look for another buyer with the same order and in the same geographical area. The VIN is just reassigned to that buyer. Yes, the buyer may have just put in the order a few days ago, and it looks like they are cutting the line. But no, Tesla is just doing the wise thing and ensuring that the order is fulfilled as promptly and economically as possible.

Second, Tesla always does the same thing at the end of every quarter. Let’s take March for example. They will ship as many cars as possible to the east coast in the beginning of March, and then to the mid-west in the middle of March, and then go “west coast only” in the last week of March. The last few days of March will be California and Fremont only deliveries. It has happened this way every single time.

Third, be aware that only a small percentage of buyers are on this forum. It is easy to think that what happens on this forum represents reality. That’s not really true. The reality is that most people submit their orders and simply wait until they are notified that a VIN has been assigned. It is nice to have this forum and the related interactions, but just know that there are many thousands of current buyers who are not contributing their stories and information on this forum.

Fourth, PPF? Who would spend 10-15% of the cost of car to protect it from a few paint chips? I have a 26 year old Porsche that has no paint protection and the paint looks perfect. Forget the PPF and just do your best to avoid concrete and gravel trucks. It always works for me.

Lastly, there have been many people who claim their SA gave them inside information about delivery status, production delays, etc. In reality, your SA knows very little. They are very, very low in the Tesla hierarchy. They are not gifted with inside information, and, no matter how nice you are, or how much you yell at them, they will not give you information they do not possess. In fact, you will be surprised to know that, in many cases, your SA will no longer be at the local Tesla store a few months from now. The turnover is incredible. The simple truth is that the SA is there to help you with a test drive, to answer your questions about a particular Tesla model, and then, if necessary, to assist you with making your order. That’s it.

The process today is very much the same now as it was at the beginning of 2015. My simple advice: relax, take a breath, and be ready to enjoy your future Tesla. They are worth the wait.
I agree as well as disagree. Bought my first Tesla model Y in June 2020. Ordered in March middle. That time I was the one who was able to "cut the line" and got it before those who ordered on the day of announcement. Heard the same complaints. And this time , I didn't order till Feb 6th for a LR but I see folks who ordered after me getting EDD for March. I am in the East Coast and comparing EDD for those in Atlanta, Tampa and Miami area. It is frustrating but hey, it's not in our hand. It is something that's keeping me busy. I check the app 4 -5 times a day, read this forum for any updates and can share the frustration with other folks in this community. Cheers!!!

My pickup date is tomorrow at 12pm!
BUT.. I really wanted to get that new lease offer they have so I asked my advisor if he could maybe get me that so I didn’t have to cancel the car to get the new deal.
He ran my credit 2 days ago but so far no update.
I just texted him this morning so I’m really hoping he was able to get me a better deal because if not, I will probably be cancelling the order ☹️

My pickup date is tomorrow at 12pm!
BUT.. I really wanted to get that new lease offer they have so I asked my advisor if he could maybe get me that so I didn’t have to cancel the car to get the new deal.
He ran my credit 2 days ago but so far no update.
I just texted him this morning so I’m really hoping he was able to get me a better deal because if not, I will probably be cancelling the order ☹️
@sydneylax, keeping my fingers crossed for you. I really hope you get the rate you want and you don't have to cancel. Keep us posted. 🤞

Reactions: sydneylax
Have they confirmed the car will arrive or has arrived on time?
Haven’t even asked. But my appointment is still set for tomorrow at 12, no messages or anything from them.

They offered me a pickup of today, but I’m working so I couldn’t. I’m assuming it’s at the delivery center. They would’ve told me by now if it wasn’t… right? 😳

Haven’t even asked. But my appointment is still set for tomorrow at 12, no messages or anything from them.

They offered me a pickup of today, but I’m working so I couldn’t. I’m assuming it’s at the delivery center. They would’ve told me by now if it wasn’t… right? 😳
White glove customer service? No, in my case the only reason I knew that my delivery appointment had been cancelled was because my VIN disappeared from my app. The delivery center had no idea until I sent them a message.

Reactions: sydneylax