Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dates

Ugh, exactly the same as mine. My edd is still at Mar 23 - Mar 31 but have a very strong feeling it will change soon. Ordered Jan 10 @ 12:01 am. Wow 1990 Miata! What was your previous edd?
I thought you meant every day driver. Maybe you meant estimated delivery date. My last date was Mar 9 - Mar 31. I’m now April 9 - May 14.

Reactions: Volcom
Found this on a story on Electrek as an explaination for the end of quarter sales push.

"Tesla incentivizes deliveries by the end of the quarter to limit the amount of inventory on hand. Since Tesla is one of the few direct-to-consumer automakers and doesn’t sell its cars to dealerships, it owns them all the way until the customer takes delivery.

This means that if Tesla has a vehicle on hand at the end of a quarter, it spent tens of thousands of dollars to build it, but it doesn’t recognize any revenue for it even if it is already sold to a customer. Therefore, it can look really bad on its income statement at the end of the quarter."
Good explanation and makes sense since inventory and revenue recognition happens differently in D2C..

I had a 2010 BMW x3 (107,000 miles) manual transmission that I sold in September thinking the highland would be out 4Q23. So when December rolled around I figured I needed a winter car for New York. My Miata (47,000) is also a manual transmission.
My manual in order 91 Civic si, 96 Integra GSR b18, 05 Acura TL, 05 Tacoma X-runner. The rest has been auto. Had my Wall charger installed in Jan thinking I will get the Tesla fast based on the edd. Even rushed putting back my OEM springs on my current car to give to my wife, she can't drive a lowered car. I really hope for the end of month ramp up/push. I feel like production has stopped or delivery has been held up by something.

My manual in order 91 Civic si, 96 Integra GSR b18, 05 Acura TL, 05 Tacoma X-runner. The rest has been auto. Had my Wall charger installed in Jan thinking I will get the Tesla fast based on the edd. Even rushed putting back my OEM springs on my current car to give to my wife, she can't drive a lowered car. I really hope for the end of month ramp up/push. I feel like production has stopped or delivery has been held up by something.
Wow. That’s a lot of cars. I had my wall charger installed in December. Makes my renting the model 3 a good test run. Never thought it would take this long. I also bought floor mats. Now playing the jeopardy theme in my head over and over while drumming my fingers.

How did you get in contact with corporate to get an update like this?

Patience is not my strong suit. Pretty evident I’m not the only one here with that issue. I’ve been told that my EDD should be accurate (3/9-23) but they could get me a LR Stealth Grey immediately (oh god I’m gonna set Xii off). Really want my Ultra Red. Ugh. Almost there…
yes! This is what they told me too. What's up with all the extra stealth grey?

I know you don't have the car yet, but do you have a preliminary opinion on the car vs the bmw i4?
yeah I posted about the i4 a few weeks ago in this thread, direct link > Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

let me copy pasta for you here:
I just sold my i4 e40 to come back to Tesla, if that tells you something. Generally the "premiumness" of the BMW wore off after a few weeks. Other than being a very efficient electric drivetrain (averaged about 4mi/kWh) it was kind of annoying to drive. Pedal calibration and stopping was not smooth, the iDrive 8 OS was just "ok", and the car felt unnecessarily big for the lack of interior space and storage. Also the car felt very slow and heavy.

My i4 had these options:
* vernsaca leather upgrade (seats are hard compared to Tesla)
* HUD (my eyes basically forgot this existed after a while)
* driver assistance professional (as good as radar equipped Tesla autopilot)
* harmon kardon (worse than long range Tesla sound system)
A few more observations I left out:
  • the highland was measurably quieter than the i4. I used my Apple Watch sound level app that measures dB and the highland was around 5-10 dB lower than the i4 on the same roads.
  • my i4 had the normal suspension and 18in wheels. While comfortable, the car had very floaty handling and maybe too soft suspension. sometimes the car would bounce hard enough to bottom out the suspension (the trade off for grand tourer comfort I guess)

I don't really regret the i4 purchase, although I wish I leased it. it was the insurance and registration that was getting expensive. you get a lot for your money with a Tesla.

For reference I have only test driven the RWD highland. In the past few months I have test driven a 2023 model 3 RWD, and a 2023 Model 3 Performance