Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Defini
For those who dont follow the channel, but like the drone videos...
Definitely M3 with white interior...
1709841069715.png

I just dont' see the r2 trully coming to market at any scale at that price point with a range of 300 miles and sub 3 seconds 0-60.
If they do - then props to them, but by then, maybe the tesla y is 40K and also does < 3 seconds etc.
the R2 specs say "up to 300 miles" Im reading that as there will be a small battery option that hits the $45k price point and a big battery option right under the R1S pricing of $74k

I just dont' see the r2 trully coming to market at any scale at that price point with a range of 300 miles and sub 3 seconds 0-60.
If they do - then props to them, but by then, maybe the tesla y is 40K and also does < 3 seconds etc.
The techonology will advance enough to be able to deliver that. However, Rivian surviving 2 more years while investing in the new plant have to be seen.

Seems that it is a norm of giving money to EV companies for a reservation. Happened with Cybertruck, and now R2.

I got a message today to schedule a date for my delivery!

My EDD was March 8-17, and they had March 13, 14, or 15 available to me. I picked the earliest date of course!

I still need some clarity on the FSD transfer process since I am trying to sell my current Model 3 private and I don't want that to have to wait for FSD transfer to complete if I don't have to. If anyone has done the FSD transfer and has some insight I would really appreciate it!

the R2 specs say "up to 300 miles" Im reading that as there will be a small battery option that hits the $45k price point and a big battery option right under the R1S pricing of $74k
MKB already posted his video, and they say there will be a 270mi RWD which will be the 45K. Then a larger battery RWD, small and large battery Dual motor, and small and large battery Tri Motor. TriMotor+large battery will be expensive I imagine

Reactions: traubgator

My EDD was March 8-17, and they had March 13, 14, or 15 available to me. I picked the earliest date of course!

I still need some clarity on the FSD transfer process since I am trying to sell my current Model 3 private and I don't want that to have to wait for FSD transfer to complete if I don't have to. If anyone has done the FSD transfer and has some insight I would really appreciate it!
I am in CT , with a Mar 9-18. So here is hoping my message to schedule comes tomorrow!

Can someone school me on trades? If I accept now in the app am I locked into trading with them and can’t back out? Unlikely my white/white isn’t here in 30 days so this offer will expire anyway, but thought I would ask.

Can someone school me on trades? If I accept now in the app am I locked into trading with them and can’t back out? Unlikely my white/white isn’t here in 30 days so this offer will expire anyway, but thought I would ask.
I've asked my SA, as well as I've accepted trade. The SA says I can cancel at anytime, as well as the app has a "Reject Trade-In Offer" button available. There is a 30 day/1000 mile window the trade is good for as well. And, if it expires you just renew it. Getting a new offer most likely too.

Reactions: ag21
Really easy answer on this one: DO NOT sell the car until 48 hours after you take delivery of the new one. If the car isn't in your account, your FSD goes with the old car.
For me, even if someone at Tesla "makes an exception" or tells you otherwise, don't believe it. Check the verbiage of the FSD Transfer offer, and don't break it

Reactions: Old Biker
Really easy answer on this one: DO NOT sell the car until 48 hours after you take delivery of the new one. If the car isn't in your account, your FSD goes with the old car.
For me, even if someone at Tesla "makes an exception" or tells you otherwise, don't believe it. Check the verbiage of the FSD Transfer offer, and don't break it
That's what I was wondering. It says 48 hours, but I feel like they only care about the car being in my Tesla account still? I can sell the car and still keep both cars in my account right?

That's what I was wondering. It says 48 hours, but I feel like they only care about the car being in my Tesla account still? I can sell the car and still keep both cars in my account right?
I would imagine if the buyer doesn't initiate a transfer request or something, then yes they wouldn't know. But is it worth the risk in tempting fate? Totally your call on that. I'd not even risk it personally.

Reactions: Old Biker

apparently cars go to dc/maryland faster than the ?ATL - vin assigned 2/17 - still no car....told it was in transit

Small, but classic example of Tesla miscommunication: The livestream today was advertised as 2pm. Now there's a Tweet that says 3pm. Nothing about "Oh we changed the time", just acting as if it was always that.

Edit: I'm a bozo. Half the year, Arizona is the same as California time (we don't do Daylight Savings in AZ), and my brain just read Pacific Time as apples to me. Ignore my snark! :p

Last edited: