Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD has been 3/10 - 3/31 the past 2 weeks. Today is 3/10. No update yet.
@dmcgrew, I noticed you and I have the same order date 01/12 and a similar EED timeline range. You have the 19" Nova wheels like myself too. I think in addition to the LR delay the upgraded wheels might be adding to our delay. At least the spreadsheet shows this pattern. Regardless, I'm really hopeful we'll get our VINs this coming week. 🤞

Last edited:
@dmcgrew, I noticed you and I have the same delivery date 01/12 and a similar EED timeline range. You have the 19" Nova wheels like myself too. I think in addition to the LR delay the upgraded wheels might be adding to our delay. At least the spreadsheet shows this pattern. Regardless, I'm really hopeful we'll get our VINs this coming week. 🤞
I’m curious. What’s the spreadsheet that people are referring to? Is it available for me to see?

Reactions: zoomer0056
I’m curious. What’s the spreadsheet that people are referring to? Is it available for me to see?
@evfangirl, here’s the link. It would be nice if you enter your data as well. Thanks.

• Helpful
Reactions: zoomer0056
@evfangirl, here’s the link. It would be nice if you enter your data as well. Thanks.

Nice spreadsheet! I looked at OD to delivery. So far the longest wait is two months. Not bad compared to the wait in getting my 2022 MSLR. Some at that time waited more than a year. A lot has changed and improved in just a couple of years.

Reactions: MGMiller

Thanks for the link. I’d love to enter my info. It won’t let me enter anything. Is there something I need to do first?

Thanks for the link. I’d love to enter my info. It won’t let me enter anything. Is there something I need to do first?
I remember when I tried to enter my data I had to go to the bottom of the sheet. It eventually sorted my entry out according to my Order Date. Try that an if it doesn't work I'm sure someone here would be able to help.

As Kramer said” Scab, scab, scab!” 😂😂😂
I made that move too. OD=1/10 for LR/SG/White/18”. Sold my old M3 and have been renting a car since early Feb. Went to service center who said changing to black interior would probably push me to bottom of list. Then they found a LR Black interior demo with 300 miles. I’ll have it in a week and figure I’m saving at least $900-$1,800 by not having to rent any more.

I finally got a VIN and am taking delivery next week!!!!

Some work had to be put in to get it, though.

I called my local Showroom/Service Center here in Houston. To get to the _actual_ service center and not Tesla's national call center, do the following:

- Press "1" for Vehicles
- Press "3" for Service
- Press "3" for your Local Service Center

Once I got connected and told them I was looking for a delivery update, they transferred me to the sales team in the showroom.

The person I spoke to was able to view all Highland inventory in Texas in all configurations. (!) They confirmed that a demo white Long Range with the "Basic Wheels" was available in Austin (!!), and, interestingly, they were able to assign it to me and change my pickup location to that showroom (!!!).

The car has 1200 miles on it since it was a demo vehicle, so it's technically used, but I already had a saved search on Carvana for 2024 Highlands that they somehow ended up procuring in case they were faster, so doesn't matter to me! I actually got a small discount because of that, which is always welcome!

(I could have also assigned myself to a red LR Highland with upgraded wheels in Houston AT THAT SERVICE CENTER but chose not to.)

This was interesting to me because:

- I asked the Delivery Team through the app if I could get a VIN sooner by picking up in Dallas, and they said no, and
- I asked for updates twice through the app, and that team never mentioned that choosing a Highland in another configuration could speed things up.

Once the salesperson assigned the vehicle to me, VIN assignment, Vision agreement signature and delivery date followed instantaneously.

So if you're waiting around for a car and are seeing people in/around your state get assigned, I'd call your local showroom/service center and see what they have available on the floor/in inventory before blindly switching configurations around.

(I'm putting this out there in hopes that y'all won't spam your service centers asking for updates constantly. Please be kind!)

Last edited:
I remember when I tried to enter my data I had to go to the bottom of the sheet. It eventually sorted my entry out according to my Order Date. Try that an if it doesn't work I'm sure someone here would be able to help.
Once I downloaded Google sheets I could enter my info. I didn’t sort it though. It’s on the bottom. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: happyelegance
IMG_6394.jpeg

Got 20% ceramic tints put in and I applied the Spigen matte “anti-finger print” screen protector… and as much as I love the screen protector due to the anti glare, it is NOT anti fingerprint?!.. I can see my finger prints all over it. Not a deal breaker though lol highly suggest you guys to get it still. It helps with the sun and scratches. Can’t wait for you all to get yours!

Attachments

• IMG_6382.jpeg
    IMG_6382.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 9
Great! You ordered 4 days after me so I gotta be getting close. Let's go DMV!

I created the Tesla 2024 Model 3 sheet for us to track and monitor.
i made some improvements for sure, but who ever took it to the next level with the stats is incredible! thank you!
Re: Spreadsheet
I want to add to it. Did you create instructions on how you want it done? Should I just create a new row and fill in my data. OD 1/10