Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cant find my original thread, but got a vin in CO!
OD:1/10
EDD: Updated from 3/20-3/31 to 3/26-3/31
Shocked to see it come in as early as it did, but its here.
Praying for all 1/10 LR orders, you'll get that vin, you're almost there!

Attachments

• IMG_2578 2.jpg
    IMG_2578 2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 18
Cant find my original thread, but got a vin in CO!
OD:1/10
EDD: Updated from 3/20-3/31 to 3/26-3/31
Shocked to see it come in as early as it did, but its here.
Praying for all 1/10 LR orders, you'll get that vin, you're almost there!
Sweet, congrats! I’m in Northglenn with the same config and OD. Only diff is white interior so I’m going to have to wait for a bit longer :/

This seems to imply that the RWD white interior will be produced first before AWD whites. Why? My OD for AWD white/white in TX is 01/10, and my current EDD is 4/16 - 5/21
Tesla has demonstrated quite clearly by now that they operate without a single semblance of rational thought. If they had a method to their madness, surely they would communicate it rather than frustrate customers and damage their brand perception. The fact that there are 1/10 orders (mine included) without deliveries while people are able to order in March and get vins/deliveries in the same week is absurd. I love the product but I’ve told everyone who asks don’t order new from Tesla unless you want to be strung along for months.

Tesla has demonstrated quite clearly by now that they operate without a single semblance of rational thought. If they had a method to their madness, surely they would communicate it rather than frustrate customers and damage their brand perception. The fact that there are 1/10 orders (mine included) without deliveries while people are able to order in March and get vins/deliveries in the same week is absurd. I love the product but I’ve told everyone who asks don’t order new from Tesla unless you want to be strung along for months.
I agree. I know moving forward I would never recommend someone order a custom order, especially on a new build, and only get something from Inventory if you absolutely must have a Tesla.

My delivery window starts tomorrow and I have no VIN. There is no possible way the car makes it to the east coast until next weekend at the earliest if I even got a VIN today, and if I have no VIN next week that means no car by EOQ.

My current lease is up on 3/18, and if I don't have a VIN by then, I'll be forced to cancel. I can bum my way around for a week or so but thats about it. I'm debating a inventory MYP if that happens, but its so ugly.. think I'd rather go for a inventory Mach-E.

When I ordered, it said Jan - Feb and I even expected some delays, but not at this level with NO communication.

My current Tesla lease is up this month. The registration expires, the lease return inspection expires, and I wanted to go with Tesla insurance as my current insurance went up. I just have no car to go to. My order date was 1/10 with an initial EDD of 1/25 to 2/16. There has been minimal to no communication this whole time. I am not sure if they are just going to lend me my current car and give me temporary plates while I wait, or what. I am sure something will happen. This isn't their first rodeo. I have learned a lot with Tesla during this experience. Do nothing until you have a VIN and delivery date options. Otherwise you are wasting your time and stress. Lets hope for March 30 or 31st. ** Also, do not buy any accessories until after you get the car. Just in case you move on to something else ***

• Informative
Reactions: Old Biker and Fatal
Well wall charger is installed --- had a neighbor electrical guru help.
Pretty easy, had to drop in the basement, then run about 30 feet to breaker box.
hardest part --- moving the wire around, and "stapling" to the rafters. Rest is fairly simple -- used 6-3 romex in case at some point, I need to convert to a 14-50, the extra wire is there. installed a 50 amp breaker vs 60 since I didn't use 4 gauge wire.
I can't imagine how hard it would be to move around 4 gauge wire, the 6 gauge wire is very stiff.

fyi -- purchased the wall charger on ebay, $299 -- said used, but the reviews basically stated, they were new devices.
And yes -- it was/looks brand new, came with everything but the box and manual. Make sure you take a picture of the QR code inside the device, you need it when setting up the device and then again when you need to add it to the app. (send the photo to someone else, and you can scan the code from their phone, sometimes you can click on them as well, but didn't work for me when adding to the tesla app.