Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how long it takes for deliveries to get to Colorado after getting your vin?

Column AD counts days from VIN received to delivery. Average is 9 days. In general, west coast seems to be lower than the avg, flyover and east coast higher.

Delivered yesterday. White black nova AWD. Everything is great. What a car. DOWNSIDE—-ambient light is way too dim especially around dusk almost can’t see it. We need to get the word to tesla to allow gradient adjustments like for the display screen. How do we let tesla know if you other new owners agree.?
I also noticed this. Regardless of on or auto, the ambient lighting is criminally low even when it’s pitch black outside. When you go to change the color, the brightness turns up again to the level it should be at, so it can go brighter. They just have it turned down. What’s the point of putting in ambient lighting if you can hardly even notice? Hoping they fix with a software update.

So I asked the person that did the Fremont flyover if he saw white interiors. He just got back to me. I’m thinking this is a good sign for us white interior dreamers

1710527652902.png

I just cannot wait for Model 3 with white interior that I ordered in January.
It is very absurd to wait for Tesla to push back EDD any time.
I called a dealer nearby and found a Model 3 available with black interior.
I decided to go pick it up tomorrow.
nice! Congrats! Would you mind sharing who you contacted? I'm in the bay area too and would like to see what else they have lying around haha

nice! Congrats! Would you mind sharing who you contacted? I'm in the bay area too and would like to see what else they have lying around haha
There might be 1-2 available in the Bay Area. Call Tesla dealership directly. I called early in the morning yesterday and he found one for me. It was 19" wheel, so I have to pay extra. That's ok, as I can drive the new car much earlier.

Once your VIN has been assigned, it gets matched with your order and they know exactly what train it is scheduled for and the truck schedule and potential delivery date as well. If you have your VIN, you can stop into a SC and see the page. If they let you. Its cool.
When I got my VIN, I was able to speak with my DA in Pittsburgh and he told me my car was in the lot in Fremont waiting to be loaded on the train to Chicago. From Chicago it would be shipped by truck to Pittsburgh and delivery. He also informed me that EDD was March 26 but cautioned there could be delays. He sounded like he knew about delivery either from access to the schedule or just from experience. My anxiety about my FSD transfer has diminished greatly😎

Hey guys, its been a week since i got my model 3 and one thing i've noticed is the battery drains like CRAZY. i dont know if its my driving, or how loud i play music, or whatever the case may be... I've had to charge 3 times already and i've only had it one week? I was fully charged this morning at 95%, drove 20 mins away and already down to 80%... can any experienced tesla owners let me know if there is something i'm missing?

Hey guys, its been a week since i got my model 3 and one thing i've noticed is the battery drains like CRAZY. i dont know if its my driving, or how loud i play music, or whatever the case may be... I've had to charge 3 times already and i've only had it one week? I was fully charged this morning at 95%, drove 20 mins away and already down to 80%... can any experienced tesla owners let me know if there is something i'm missing?
You should charge everyday. Playing music wont have an effect on your battery =). Driving on the highway over 70 for 20 minutes will. ** Edit ** Were you at 80% when you got to your destination, or was the car sitting for a while, and then you noticed it? ***** "ABC" **** For you new EV owners and soon to be. This means, Always Be Charging...

Last edited:
You should charge everyday. Playing music wont have an effect on your battery =). Driving on the highway over 70 for 20 minutes will. ** Edit ** Were you at 80% when you got to your destination, or was the car sitting for a while, and then you noticed it? ***** "ABC" **** For you new EV owners and soon to be. This means, Always Be Charging...
Since you have the SR battery, it's recommended that you charge to 100% too
I think as a new EV user, range anxiety is a real thing. I also hope to get over this hump.

Reactions: sydneylax
Since you have the SR battery, it's recommended that you charge to 100% too
I think as a new EV user, range anxiety is a real thing. I also hope to get over this hump.
I have had a couple EV's. Had a BMW i3 and now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR. The range anxiety goes away quickly. One of the benefits of having an EV is that you can have a "Full Tank" every day. Especially if you charge at home, you want to plug in every night as to take advantage of the lowest rates.

@sydneylax, another thing I did for home use is to turn off the Sentry mode when parked at home (assuming you have a garage). If parked outside you most probably need it on. And yes, I've noticed batteries drain quickly when I drive fast and have the heat or the air-conditioning on.

Reactions: sydneylax
Well, got impatient and canceled my order. Went with an S instead. Good luck everyone!
You're going to love it. I have a 22 S LR that is spectacular. It took me 6 months to get it. I ordered a 2021 refreshed model S in July of 2021 and finally got a 2022 at the end of January 2022, so waiting 2 months for my wife's model 3 is a bit of a joke to me. I got the 19 inch wheels and just put center caps and lug nut covers on and the mags look great. I keep it in insane mode all the time and average about 265 w/mile. If you keep from going nuts on standing starts I have gotten as low as 220 on a few trips. Mine is white with cream interior. I also love the yoke. It's a more of a grand touring car vs the sports sedan that the 3 is. Welcome to the Tesla family.