Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know I'm not the only one with a 1/10 date with the same spec (blue instead of white) with no VIN or anything. Super frustrating. Won't be doing this pre-order dance with Tesla again, that's for sure.
Amen to that! I ordered at 7am on 1/10 (LR/white/white/photon), am already a customer (2020 M3 LR, solar), and live within 20mins of Fremont. EDD has been stuck on Mar 30-31 for several weeks now, with no VIN in sight.

Yea, ordering early is not healthy for sure - false assumption that you are at the front of the line etc.
highs and lows of excitement and depression is brutal. Hard to sit back and enjoy the process - the end is near
scheduled delivery for tomorrow, and haven't been notified yet that delivery tomorrow can't take place...so hopefully we are still on!
Pulling for you @traubgator !

Yea, ordering early is not healthy for sure - false assumption that you are at the front of the line etc.
highs and lows of excitement and depression is brutal. Hard to sit back and enjoy the process - the end is near
scheduled delivery for tomorrow, and haven't been notified yet that delivery tomorrow can't take place...so hopefully we are still on!
I've been especially concerned seeing what you've been through with your order. Like a comedy of errors, but I'm sure you're not laughing.

Breathe deeply folks. Tesla tries to deliver all the cars by end of the quarter. People in California are last in line, East coast and south get shipments and vins first with lots of logistics. The Midwest is then next. Every quarter… Just think about how you would schedule across the country. Tesla is working 24x7 to deliver and get your dollars.

Personally, I’d like to not read fear and loathing until April 1st when we all see how many people got their new cars. After waiting two years for my first Tesla and six months for the second, getting a new car in one quarter 🤞🏻 seems lovely.

We have yet to see if FSD transfers and free supercharging will hold through delayed delivery in April. I certainly hope so, even tho I’m VIN free but scheduled for March 20-31.

Fingers crossed. Good luck all.

Breathe deeply folks. Tesla tries to deliver all the cars by end of the quarter. People in California are last in line, East coast and south get shipments and vins first with lots of logistics. The Midwest is then next. Every quarter… Just think about how you would schedule across the country. Tesla is working 24x7 to deliver and get your dollars.

Personally, I’d like to not read fear and loathing until April 1st when we all see how many people got their new cars. After waiting two years for my first Tesla and six months for the second, getting a new car in one quarter 🤞🏻 seems lovely.

We have yet to see if FSD transfers and free supercharging will hold through delayed delivery in April. I certainly hope so, even tho I’m VIN free but scheduled for March 20-31.

Hopefully. I think its the lack of communication and false timelines that have really been the frustrating part for me. If my order is delayed months after the original EDD I would like to know why.

Amen to that! I ordered at 7am on 1/10 (LR/white/white/photon), am already a customer (2020 M3 LR, solar), and live within 20mins of Fremont. EDD has been stuck on Mar 30-31 for several weeks now, with no VIN in sight.
My order is the exact same config as yours. I ordered 1/10at 8:30 am on the east coast. My dates are holding at April 9 to May 14.

Does this mean that when they start building white interiors early in Q2, CA deliveries will be towards the end of Q2?

Last edited:

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I was under the impression that I would get my car faster because I'm in Los Angeles and closer to the factory. After looking at the tracker sheet, I see that's not necessarily the case.

Like you, my EDD is March 20-31 and I still don't have a VIN. I ordered a Stealth Grey LR, black interior, with 18" wheels on Feb 3rd. Hope I get it by the end of the month!

Very well said.

Just so easy to cross the line of trying to be chill and wait for "your turn" but it's hard! :) I ordered 2/17, being in New England, was hoping to have a VIN by now since trade in and financing is all set, but hey - just going to have to wait.

I get you, and you're not wrong.

OTOH, I feel like a company capable of 48v low-voltage power in a commercialized vehicle, fast factory construction, FSD 12.x, remarkable efficiency numbers, etc, could maybe be a wee bit better at forecasting deliveries accurately.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I was under the impression that I would get my car faster because I'm in Los Angeles and closer to the factory. After looking at the tracker sheet, I see that's not necessarily the case.

Like you, my EDD is March 20-31 and I still don't have a VIN. I ordered a Stealth Grey LR, black interior, with 18" wheels on Feb 3rd. Hope I get it by the end of the month!
I received the same window and hope to receive delivery this month. I ordered the same configuration on Feb 9th.

Guess you you a source of information that the others don’t!

Guess you you a source of information that the others don’t!
Just History and observations over seven years of Tesla quarters. And it’s easy to think through.

Delivery each quarter is maximized, you are not being punished, ignored or discriminated against. Simple problems in logistics explain most of the Tesla behaviors.

From the pictures of the factories it can be seen that during a single day most of the cars made are the same pain color. From the deliveries most of the cars on a day are likely the same model: RW, AWD.

So now imagine a week’s orders from across the country. Sort them by paint, sort them by model, then maybe interior too.

Now how would you ship them? In the past the most profitable were made first. It seems like the Highland was made RW first. Maybe it was a learning curve at the factory. So you ship the longest shipping times first, with the “leftovers” going to easy shipments, California, west coast, etc.

That way as you build thru the paint/interior/model segments you end up with the maximum delivered at the end of the quarter.

Next quarter, you repeat it.

I’m sure it’s more complex than this with geographies, shipping volumes, wheel sizes, and parts inventory, but that’s Tesla’s headache. Please note that when you ordered is likely the least important part of the shipping plan. Then communicating the changes each day/week is challenging and Tesla is not very good at that. Just good at delivery…as measured by volume at end of each quarter.

Update: Date was bumped up to 3/21-3/29 this morning! That train is moooovin
Woke up and received a notification to continue with delivery at 8AM! Caught me a little off guard but I’m all set to grab it Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG_2592.jpeg
    IMG_2592.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 15