Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been checking the app on and off for the last hour, and the EDD is not updating. There is nothing showing at all. Anyone else experiencing this? I pull down to refresh and it refreshes, but nothing there. It was EDD March 30 - 31 earlier today. *** SORRY, JUST SAW THE PRIOR POST ***

So, tinting. What do you guys with previous Teslas usually do with the back window? Tint the whole thing? Or stop at the “dye line”? The shop I’m headed to tomorrow said most Tesla owners don’t tint the roof because Tesla already have a heat-reflecting layer on top (the one that turns orange under the sun). Do yall do it differently? How effective is Tesla’s roof tint anyways?

So, tinting. What do you guys with previous Teslas usually do with the back window? Tint the whole thing? Or stop at the “dye line”? The shop I’m headed to tomorrow said most Tesla owners don’t tint the roof because Tesla already have a heat-reflecting layer on top (the one that turns orange under the sun). Do yall do it differently? How effective is Tesla’s roof tint anyways?
Live in Phoenix, AZ here so a bit more of a *need* for extra help from the sun. I had mine tinted on ALL of the windows, including the roof and the back glass too. The place I went to did a 2-piece. I have no problem with that and never see the seam line personally. But I also don't look for it. I think that's pretty personal choice there. Certainly it's easier for the place to 2-piece it, which is likely why tint places prefer that.
Personally, I also don't like DARK tint, so I just got a good (Llumar brand I believe) Metallic or Ceramic or whatever it was tint in basically their lightest shade. The front windshield was a slight different tint to be lighter. For the tint place you go to, I'd ask to get the specs on heat rejection and see if it's worth going darker to you. When I did it, it was just an incremental rejection % difference to go darker, I didn't find worth the trade-off.
To me, the heat rejection percentage is the most important number to look at. (Again, live in Phoenix)

I have the entire back window tinted, one piece (some places want to do it in two pieces, I wouldn't go that route. Just my preference. I don't want to see a seam). I don't have the roof tinted, but for me it needs something as my head gets hot. My wife doesn't thinks so though. Because I drive it mostly, and I don't like sun coming down on me, I purchased a sun shade that fits, from Amazon. It's not as bright (which I like) and keeps the heat off me.

Tint the whole thing with one peace, or it looks really bad.

Ooh. Nice. Same questions as asked... is that stealth grey under? looks amazing. And I am curious as I have no idea what that would cost.
But I did already make an appointment to tint the whole thing $1000 w windsheild and one piece on the back. Luckily the shop is empathatic to Telsa orders and doesn't need a firm date :)
I got a quote from a higher end shop for $6500 to wrap the whole car in matte ppf for reference.

• Informative
Reactions: Troy and zoomer0056