Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Florida folks, question for you all. For the insurance, i have uploaded my current insurance papers(without reference to the new car). Will add the new car to the existing insurance , once i get it in hand. Is that how you have done it? When i picked MY in 2020, had done it the same way, but wanted to double check, incase anything has changed.
Not FL, but for my insurance my SA asked me to just upload current document even without the new vehicle (he said this is fine since I'm not leasing)

Reactions: Jaycha2
Looks like new deliveries now include 1 free FSD trial following Elon's email. But looks like 2024 M3 is excluded from it. No mention about trial on M3 order page

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 8.03.27 PM.png

Well guys, I just refused my delivery. The car that was assigned to me had scratches all over the body... and I'm not even kidding when I say all over. It was absurd how damaged this thing was. I also found paint drip imperfections. I'm not sure how this passed QC. The staff was phenomenal and I felt like I handled things very calmly. I'm just disappointed. Please check your vehicles thoroughly before accepting.

I'm getting put back in the queue for a new vehicle. Just not sure how long that will take. It's a whole saga. 😞

Well guys, I just refused my delivery. The car that was assigned to me had scratches all over the body... and I'm not even kidding when I say all over. It was absurd how damaged this thing was. I also found paint drip imperfections. I'm not sure how this passed QC. The staff was phenomenal and I felt like I handled things very calmly. I'm just disappointed. Please check your vehicles thoroughly before accepting.

I'm getting put back in the queue for a new vehicle. Just not sure how long that will take. It's a whole saga. 😞
Good to reject. Hopefully next car will be a keeper.

Looks like new deliveries now include 1 free FSD trial following Elon's email. But looks like 2024 M3 is excluded from it. No mention about trial on M3 order page
My SA was telling me it is for the M3 when I picked up the car today. It wasn't available though yet since the car was not on the latest update. He stated when it updates to the latest release it will be available. We'll see...

That sucks, sorry to hear, but good to hear they treated you right. Hopefully, you'll get it very soon.

Do they not have the SA/ team do a final prep before delivery? Quite shocked this could happen!

Reactions: catxi and evfangirl
Do they not have the SA/ team do a final prep before delivery? Quite shocked this could happen!
There's absolutely no way this thing got the proper treatment. I counted 8 different scratches or large clusters of white scratches. They ranged from the front bumper, to all along the driver side, and even a large white scratch on the lower light on the rear bumper. On top of that, they told me the paint drips were something they couldn't fix. This was baffling to me that they were going to let me have the vehicle in this state.

That looks off. Run your finger along the groove on the outside of the door that this is on (the exterior rear facing camera housing should be near it) if it doesnt run across that seam smoothly then your door is miss-aligned and tesla should fix it
I think it’s Off and could use a wee adjustment
Thanks for the advice! I put in a service request for this Friday! Will update then!

Reactions: evfangirl

That sucks!.. any idea when they’ll assign you another? Has the vin for the one you refused been removed from the app?
Also did they offer to fix it? Body shops can fix it all in a day or 2

Reactions: evfangirl
That sucks!.. any idea when they’ll assign you another? Has the vin for the one you refused been removed from the app?
Also did they offer to fix it? Body shops can fix it all in a day or 2
They initially said I'd have to get back in line, as if I just placed a brand new order. Then later they said hopefully only 2-3 weeks. I'm honestly not sure how long it could take, and they probably aren't either.

The VIN has been pulled and unassigned to me, which I can verify in the app. They also had to put my order on hold temporarily so I didn't get the same VIN reassigned.

Yes, they offered to fix all the scratches if I accepted it, but I wasn't willing to do that.

There's even more to this saga because I was returning a lease and financing the new vehicle at the same time. I'll spare you those lengthy details.

Like I said originally, everyone I spoke to was super friendly and felt bad. This whole thing has been a huge hassle though. I'm honestly not sure what my next steps will be. It partially depends on how quickly they could get me another one.

Florida folks, question for you all. For the insurance, i have uploaded my current insurance papers(without reference to the new car). Will add the new car to the existing insurance , once i get it in hand. Is that how you have done it? When i picked MY in 2020, had done it the same way, but wanted to double check, incase anything has changed.
Nothing has changed as far as I know. Thats how i have done it with USAA. Add the new car and delete the other, right on the app.

Reactions: Jaycha2