Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is rebooting the rear screen a different procedure than rebooting the main screen (hold both steering wheel wheels until it restarts)? Or is that even different on the new Highlands?
I think they are both controlled by the same processor and a soft reboot acts on both. There is no separate procedure.

Wait, I just reread your post. You have two steering wheels!? 🤪

Reactions: GuyFromAz
Wow, VIN assigned this morning after I switched to black ext/black int yesterday.
Did you make the change in the app or through a sales person? Was the base price of the car updated to the current price or were you able to keep the original price of the car as ordered and just see a reduction in cost of $1K? Reason I ask is that I’ve considered changing the exterior color and the sales folks at my local Tesla store felt like any changes to the order configuration would cause the price of the car to be adjusted to the current pricing.

It’s also not a great thing to have an early VIN Tesla.

Paying a premium for white int after all, even more so for LR… If waiting a bit means (potentially) less headaches, time at service etc.

So be it.

🧘🏻‍♂️

The “hate” I’ve seen these past few days is weird. Being on a forum, looking out for updates near constantly, as early adopters..

We clearly love the product.

All the incentives are in place for TSLA to want to deliver orders as quickly as they can, and they intend to.

Could they have set expectations better? Judging by the comments here… uhhh, clearly.

By no means am I doing free PR for them, but having worked at startups, I’ve learned to be more open to issues/nuances/explanations you couldn’t ever imagine from the outside.

If you’re on here yelling “I hate this company 😡😡😡”… Take a walk, buy a Camry, and work with your SA on a deposit refund.
Tesla is no longer even close to a startup company. I’ve also worked at a startup and a company like Tesla is so far beyond a startup in terms of capital and resources.

And suggesting that I, or anyone else for that matter, should sit here and be happy to wait 6 months for a white interior or just go with a Camry is hilarious. A 2 month delivery time is vastly different than a 6 month delivery time. That kind of delay for only a specific interior color isn’t something that should just easily be excused.

Another EDD delay. From April 7 - May 12 to May 2 - June 6. Located in Missouri.

Despite others in this forum wanting to give Tesla the benefit of the doubt for each additional delay, I refuse. No company should treat customers like this. Delays happen, but no communication at this point is simply intentionally misleading customers.

Reactions: Old Biker
Did you make the change in the app or through a sales person? Was the base price of the car updated to the current price or were you able to keep the original price of the car as ordered and just see a reduction in cost of $1K? Reason I ask is that I’ve considered changing the exterior color and the sales folks at my local Tesla store felt like any changes to the order configuration would cause the price of the car to be adjusted to the current pricing.
I changed it thru the app, and you should be able to see the config options with price that aligns to the price when you placed the order at the first time. For example, I saved $500 moving from white exterior ($1000) /white interior ($1000) to black exterior ($1500) and black interior ($0)

Reactions: Aerorider
Hi everyone!

Should I be expected to receive my car this week? I ordered a SG LR black int. and my EDD has been changing from Mar 22 - 31 everyday. After each day passes, it changes to the current date (Ex: After March 22 passes, EDD changes to Mar 23-31). To this day, I havent gotten my VIN yet. Tesla loves playin with my heart strings
probably not, that's also my current situation. my EDD is March 30th-31st lolol. Doubt i'll get it by tomorrow.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Another EDD delay. From April 7 - May 12 to May 2 - June 6. Located in Missouri.

Despite others in this forum wanting to give Tesla the benefit of the doubt for each additional delay, I refuse. No company should treat customers like this. Delays happen, but no communication at this point is simply intentionally misleading customers.
When waiting six months (some waited over a year) for my 2022 MSLR, I never took it personally. The moving EDD is the Tesla communication, the Tesla way. They have never explained the moving EDD. I've never read anyone defending Tesla about this but being patient and posting their thoughts here on TMC. I would not expect Tesla to change.

When waiting six months (some waited over a year) for my 2022 MSLR, I never took it personally. The moving EDD is the Tesla communication, the Tesla way. They have never explained the moving EDD. I've never read anyone defending Tesla about this but being patient and posting their thoughts here on TMC. I would not expect Tesla to change.
yea no need to take it personal. i understand some of us have have orders since jan and got pushed back to june.

im just here for the ride. it’s my first tesla also. so im trying to learn as much before delivery.

That trim around the speaker grill looks legit like the WRONG part.. even pushing the whole assembly with the grill further IN, it seems like it’s A) not going to line up and B) just a different width altogether.
Nah it’s probably angle of the pic making it look like that. Driver side is pushed in, towards the driver. And passenger is down towards the ground. Neither enough to refuse delivery. But reported right away and svc scheduled so worst case it is all documented.

Maybe not the place for this but I videod popping the last wheel cover off bc I googled it and found people just yanking them off. That will scratch the rims underneath for sure. If you plan on removing them, be nice to your new car please…