Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN super early this morning. It ends in 756xxx. I’m so happy I held out for the white interior. Delivery is may 3-8.
Congratulations. I assume you'll be picking it up in Smithtown. That's where I got my last 2 Teslas. Very nice patient people. They took the time to make sure my app and car settings were correct before I left.

Tesla has since opened a SC in Westbury. That's where I'll be picking up my new one. Much more convenient location for me.

Just because it’s Tesla, my delivery date is now May 3 -10. They just can’t help themselves. Earlier today it was May 3-8. I’m thinking my car may be the first one loaded on the top or bottom tier and they have to make lots of stops on the way to Long Island.
I know , they can’t help it ! They have to jerk around even with that!

Congratulations. I assume you'll be picking it up in Smithtown. That's where I got my last 2 Teslas. Very nice patient people. They took the time to make sure my app and car settings were correct before I left.

Tesla has since opened a SC in Westbury. That's where I'll be picking up my new one. Much more convenient location for me.
I’m scheduled for westbury as well. I’m going to do a day trip there on Monday to talk about the registration. When I sold my car in September the DMV didn’t send me a refund when I turned in the plates they said they’d apply the balance to the next car I got. So I called Tesla to do that. They said oh we don’t do that. So I’m headed there on Monday to see if I can get them to change their minds. If not it back to leg wrestling with the DMV

Wow, just saw a Long Range, Black with White Interior in inventory in South New Jersey on the Tesla web site!

Model 3​

Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
$52,240

Est. Financing $825 /mo
  • Inventory Front View of Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Edition

Inventory Front View of Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Edition
  • Inventory Side View of Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Edition

Inventory Side View of Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Edition
  • Inventory Interior View of Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Edition

Inventory Interior View of Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Edition

View Details
  • 305 mi
    Range (est.)
  • 125 mph
    Top Speed
  • 4.2 s
    0-60 mph
  • Autopilot
  • 30-Day Premium Connectivity Trial
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 19’’ Nova Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior

You are locked in at the price when you put your deposit down. We ordered a LR / Red / White int. before any of the 3 increases in price for the long range. Our original price was 48,990. After switching to black it went down to $47,990. They didn't charge the "new" price for the long range. I don't know what would happen if we switched back to white interior if it would be $1500 or if it would honor the white price at the time of order, but you won't have to pay more for a black interior if you switch.
Did your price ever get updated to the new higher price?

I originally ordered SG, but since I was waiting for white, I decided to switch to UR on March 24th, I asked the SA if that would impact my original lower pricing for the car and white and he said no. Also in the app when I made the change, the confirmation only showed the delta for the color change. Today I got an email (almost a month after the change) that said confirming your model 3 update and it has the higher price for both the car and the white, total 2250$ higher. Does this make any sense? Im really confused

FSD is $8000 now

And EAP is gone
The website also reflects the $8k pricing with no EAP option. They almost had to fix the price when they made subscriptions 50% cheaper. Of course, for those who subscribed thinking "It's 10+ yrs at $99/month in order to make-up a $12k upfront purchase", they were forgetting Tesla could, at any point, raise the monthly rate. As I suspect they will.
I bought my current M3 when they didn't include Autopilot at all. And I plunked $5k for it very eagerly! Then I caught one of the $2k deals for the EAP->FSD upgrade. Which I thought was a very fair upgrade price. I still think $8k is a price that will hamper sales still. Personal opinion, I still think $4k or $5k is the magic number where number of people would skyrocket. But maybe that's what the $99 subscription handles.

Still, it's nice to see the price on this going down! I think it will only help the # of people who buy it, and give them more revenue, all for something that they don't have a "per installed vehicle" cost.

I'm happy to report that I took delivery of my Ultra Red, black interior with Nova wheels M3 this past Thursday evening and it's absolutely incredible. After inspecting it upon delivery, the overall fit and finish, paint, ambient light strip alignment, and hood issues others have unfortunately experienced, are completely non-existent on my car. The delivery process was pretty smooth as well although, it took a bit longer than expected since others were taking delivery of their vehicles too, and there only seemed to be 3 Tesla employees working at the time. They were extremely professional and apologetic about me having to wait. All good with me.

Most everything about the car is perfect but one minor problem I do have is a slight bulge in the material liner behind the rear seats, directly under the rear glass. You can especially see it when driving and looking in the rear-view mirror. The Tesla delivery person took note of it and offered to schedule a Service appointment to get it flattened out, which I'll do soon. There may be a clip or two missing that holds it down but it's nothing major.

Overall, it's such a nice upgrade from my legacy 2018 M3, and I'm extremely happy. Back then, I waited over 2 years for the 2018 to arrive so being patient for only 3 months this time around was also very worth it. Hopefully all of you white interior folks get your VINs soon!

Some quick pics I took during delivery attached. The dealership was also getting some Cybertrucks unloaded off a truck while I was there and it was pretty darn cool to finally see one in the wild for the first time.

Attachments

• IMG_9145.jpeg
    IMG_9145.jpeg
    885.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9144.jpeg
    IMG_9144.jpeg
    880 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9154.jpeg
    IMG_9154.jpeg
    748.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9153.jpeg
    IMG_9153.jpeg
    642.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9146.jpeg
    IMG_9146.jpeg
    826 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9147.jpeg
    IMG_9147.jpeg
    883.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9143.jpeg
    IMG_9143.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 5
Seriously?? Mine just moved from 4/23 - 5/28, out to July 13 - August 24! Order date 1/29, LR/SG/Wt. They really need to get their act together. This is getting ridiculous......
The more I see here the more I’m convinced the EDD is completely disconnected with the production schedule. One would hope that the system doing the EDD would be connected to the production group but that doesn’t seem to be the case.