Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On YouTube, search Farzad "Everything Elon Musk Said At Tesla's Autonomy Day". The entire 30 minutes of Elon talking is worth watching. Very interesting...
You mean the video he put up of Elon speaking about the state of things in 2019? I don't think your assertion that LR models are going away/becoming rarer has been born out in 5 years.
If nothing else, the 2024 refresh would have been a perfect time to remove LR/AWD from the lineup, and they didn't do that.

You mean the video he put up of Elon speaking about the state of things in 2019? I don't think your assertion that LR models are going away/becoming rarer has been born out in 5 years.
If nothing else, the 2024 refresh would have been a perfect time to remove LR/AWD from the lineup, and they didn't do that.
My bad. It said it was posted 2 hours ago, so I thought it was current. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: evfangirl
Range is so interesting -- prior to owning a tesla and for the past 6 months I obsessed over range and a better route planner assessing how many stops I would need to take for certain road trips etc.
Now that I actually own a tesla i pay little to no attention to the % of battery left or miles for the range. I've taken 2 road trips out of town and have already put 2K miles on the rwd in a month -- but for daily use, every morning the car is at 100% and range anxiety is NOT a real thing for me.

Getting people to understand this is impossible until they actually own an EV and can charge at home.
They also act like when they take a 5 hour 325 mile road trip that they don't stop for the bathroom or quick snack break or drive through etc.

Last edited:
Slight bump on my 7th Update, 7 EDD: Apr 27 - May 27. Still no VIN

Order Date:
13 Feb
EDD: Feb - Mar
2 EDD: Apr - May
3 EDD: Mar 26 - Mar 31
4 EDD: Mar 27 - Mar 31
5 EDD: Apr 27 - Jun 1
6 EDD: Jun 20 - Jun 30
7 EDD: Apr 27 - May 27
Model
3 Highland: RWD
Color: Black
Interior: White
Wheels: 18" Photon

Reactions: Navi26

Order Date:
13 Feb
Model
Same specs. Would love to see that kind of movement in my EDD. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: evfangirl

Order Date:
13 Feb
Model
You are 3 days ahead of me on EDD, being a month behind me on OD!🤯

Order Date:
13 Feb
Model
Even when you get a VIN, don't get too excited. Got a VIN on 4/12, delivery range 4/22 - 5/1. Since that time, not able to select delivery date and, since sunday, lease status says "terms are being updated" and does not allow me to interact, despite lease being complete since March. This morning delivery date moved to 4/28 - 5/5. Crazy to me they cant manage to deliver the car within 2 weeks of VIN assignment. Still have gotten no response on what the lease status screen is supposed to mean, or whether it will be fixed (in order to show me the final amount due) at the time I will need to schedule a delivery date. Incredibly tedious and frustrating process. Will never do this again.

Even when you get a VIN, don't get too excited. Got a VIN on 4/12, delivery range 4/22 - 5/1. Since that time, not able to select delivery date and, since sunday, lease status says "terms are being updated" and does not allow me to interact, despite lease being complete since March. This morning delivery date moved to 4/28 - 5/5. Crazy to me they cant manage to deliver the car within 2 weeks of VIN assignment. Still have gotten no response on what the lease status screen is supposed to mean, or whether it will be fixed (in order to show me the final amount due) at the time I will need to schedule a delivery date. Incredibly tedious and frustrating process. Will never do this again.
Assuming you have a Long Range M3 on order Heads up.
Tesla today significantly improved lease terms for the long range AWD. Now on a zero down 36 month, 12k lease for example you should save about $50 per month. If your updated lease status does not say that try and cancel financing and reapply before taking delivery. I took delivery 10 days ago and got the earlier worse lease terms🤬

Assuming you have a Long Range M3 on order Heads up.
Tesla today significantly improved lease terms for the long range AWD. Now on a zero down 36 month, 12k lease for example you should save about $50 per month. If your updated lease status does not say that try and cancel financing and reapply before taking delivery. I took delivery 10 days ago and got the earlier worse lease terms🤬
Wow, had no idea. It is a LR. Thanks (!!) for the heads up - my frustration just turned to cautious optimism!

(but sorry to hear about your situation, that really sucks)

Welllllllll this announcement hurt a bit. 😂

To cope, anyone purchase/install a rear spoiler/lip yet on Highland?

Will be scanning the Tesla shop to see if they make the M3P one available though. Usually the case, right?