Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How accurate are the EDD once they are close in? My EDD is May 13 (Monday) until May 22. Car was ordered from in-transit inventory on May 6. Will delivery likely take place during the window or do they generally get pushed out?

Side note - I stopped by the Nashville store and was blown away by how many cars they have on the lot. There were probably 10 Cybertrucks and countless 3's and Y's.

How accurate are the EDD once they are close in? My EDD is May 13 (Monday) until May 22. Car was ordered from in-transit inventory on May 6. Will delivery likely take place during the window or do they generally get pushed out?

Side note - I stopped by the Nashville store and was blown away by how many cars they have on the lot. There were probably 10 Cybertrucks and countless 3's and Y's.
Delivery window is meaningless! Don’t count on it. You get your car when they have it!

Turn signal intermittently not activating model highland—dangerous to drivers behind
I've found it's picky about where you press it. I've had good results when pressing where the icons are. If I'm off by 1/4" or so it doesn't do well. But, if it's not activating for you I would recommend having Tesla take a look at it. Tesla should do something overall to make them more push friendly.

I've found it's picky about where you press it. I've had good results when pressing where the icons are. If I'm off by 1/4" or so it doesn't do well. But, if it's not activating for you I would recommend having Tesla take a look at it. Tesla should do something overall to make them more push friendly.
Doesn’t matter where you press. It is intermittent and getting more frequent. Usually you will feel it click, at these times it has no feel just dead to the touch

So my experience and evolution with PPF goes back 20 years. At first, I was only interested in the rock chip protection and covered only the front bumper of my cars. It was relatively inexpensive and I did notice a pretty big difference driving on California roads. But one thing I also noticed as I ventured into handwashing my own cars is that the PPF'ed surfaces were also easier to clean. I didn't have to be as delicate with those areas.

So fast forward 15 years, 3 cars later, I got my 2018 Model 3 and decided wrap the front bumper, hood, mirrors, headlight and fenders (front half of car). Where I live, unfortunately, I have a lot of trees on my street and have to park my car outside. So I get bird crap, tree sap, and annoying tree blossoms that get stuck on my car. I noticed that the clear coat on my trunk and back half of my car was getting patchy from all the outdoor elements. The front half, which was PPF'ed had no change at all.

So with my new 2024, I decided to go full body PPF. I don't want to worry as much about the occasional small rock chip, but now, I don't have to worry about the elements as much either. And since I'm going full out, I decided on xpel stealth for a matte finish on the ppf to change the look of the car as well. I've had good results with XPEL Glossy in the past because its pretty thick and durable, but now I get a chance to change the look of the car too! So it provides dual purpose for me, paint protection and also a matte look. This is the stealth grey but with the matte finish, it appears as a different shade.

Happy to talk more about my experience if you'd like!View attachment 1043771View attachment 1043774View attachment 1043775View attachment 1043776
How much does this usually cost? I live in Cali

Reactions: Whitezoid
How much does this usually cost? I live in Cali
yeah, its a YMMV situation, depending on the shop. When I called around, it was about 5k to 7k for XPEL stealth and ceramic coating. I inquired about Tesla wrap as well and went to the Santa Clara location since they offer it now. I was surprised that they had a dedicated area in the shop for this, as I thought they just outsourced it. But there are 2 full time guys that do wraps. I wanted to get more info, but had a hard time reaching them, so I passed on them.

• Love
Reactions: catxi
Someone talk me out of wanting to switch to a model Y. With the ev credit and now the .99% financing promotion, the deal is absolutely insane. The pricing games have really gotten in my head especially with potentially waiting until September for my M3. I’ve test driven the Y once, but that was almost a year ago and I don’t have enough experience to talk on it. All I hear are negatives about ride quality, noise, suspension etc. compared to new m3. Is it all really that noticeable?

Someone talk me out of wanting to switch to a model Y. With the ev credit and now the .99% financing promotion, the deal is absolutely insane. The pricing games have really gotten in my head especially with potentially waiting until September for my M3. I’ve test driven the Y once, but that was almost a year ago and I don’t have enough experience to talk on it. All I hear are negatives about ride quality, noise, suspension etc. compared to new m3. Is it all really that noticeable?
There will be a new Y in January. The value of the Y you buy will go to near ZERO. If you get a Y, lease it. Buying a Y now is a JOKE.

I would suggest test driving them back to back and see how that feels to you

Reactions: markdogg
Just took delivery of 2024 M3 end of April. Anyone has issue engaging or disengaging autopilot / fsd pressing in on the right scroll wheel? In my MY and older M3 the right stalk down works consistently, but pressing the right scroll wheel on stalkless 2023 M3 is hit and miss. My config is set at single click. Asking if it's known and common or I have a defective right scroll wheel. Thx.

Reactions: evfangirl
Just took delivery of 2024 M3 end of April. Anyone has issue engaging or disengaging autopilot / fsd pressing in on the right scroll wheel? In my MY and older M3 the right stalk down works consistently, but pressing the right scroll wheel on stalkless 2023 M3 is hit and miss. My config is set at single click. Asking if it's known and common or I have a defective right scroll wheel. Thx.
Consistently works for me with one click, and not heard of others having an issue. Sounds like it may be a defective scroll wheel.

I'm taking delivery this week on a new M3 LR.

Because it seems very convenient and for tax reasons in TN, I'd trading my Kia in to Tesla. I used the app which gave me a confirmed value that has been applied to the numbers. I was a bit surprised at how little information Tesla wanted on the car - VIN and a grading (excellent, average or poor?). I said average because the car has some touched up rock chips on the front bumper but is otherwise totally perfect. So I think I was generous if anything. I'm surprised however that they didn't ask for pictures, tire tread depth, etc - things I'm used to providing in trade situations.

Can I expect that Tesla will honor the price given how little information they asked for? Do they just low ball it enough that they don't care?

I'd like to think that when I take delivery the process is done.

Thanks in advance.

I'm taking delivery this week on a new M3 LR.

Because it seems very convenient and for tax reasons in TN, I'd trading my Kia in to Tesla. I used the app which gave me a confirmed value that has been applied to the numbers. I was a bit surprised at how little information Tesla wanted on the car - VIN and a grading (excellent, average or poor?). I said average because the car has some touched up rock chips on the front bumper but is otherwise totally perfect. So I think I was generous if anything. I'm surprised however that they didn't ask for pictures, tire tread depth, etc - things I'm used to providing in trade situations.

Can I expect that Tesla will honor the price given how little information they asked for? Do they just low ball it enough that they don't care?

I'd like to think that when I take delivery the process is done.

Thanks in advance.

When I traded in my 2019 Model SR+, the delivery team did not even look at the car even though I had graded it excellent. I got the exact price that Tesla offered on the trade-in. Tesla's offer was better than Carvana's.

Like you, there are sales tax advantages in Illinois by trading in the car rather than selling to a third party.

First time posting. Appreciate being able to read everyone's comments and advice as I have prepared for my purchase. Today, I put the order fee down on a 2024 Model 3 Long Range Black on Black with standard wheels. Had a VIN number immediately as they had one with my specs on it's way to the dealership. Got approved for the loan, checked out, ordered the wall charger for home, and by the time I got in the car to leave, had my option to pick a delivery date. Happy Mothers Day to me. This all happened in less than an hour and I am a little in a panic as I thought I'd have a long wait, time to install the charger, order a few accessories and now it's going to be here in a few days 😮 I assume I can use the supercharger on my way to work to stay charged until I can get the electrician out to install the charger. I have to go out of town next weekend for four days and checked, the hotel has EV charging.

I am still in a daze that I went in today and it will be here soon. Thought I'd have more time to "get ready" to bring it home. Other than calling my insurance company and scheduling the electrician and making sure to do a good walk around, is there anything I should be doing? Are there any good videos on getting it set up once I have it? Will they walk me though it? This is my very first EV and I am a little nervous.