Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 is beautiful!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ease of RHD versions was Saturn and Mini's excuse. But unless you've driven one, you have no idea how annoying it is to look over to the side to see the speedo.
I'll defer to those of you who have had a car with that configuration. I've only driven a Mini on a test drive.

I think perhaps the plan is to have a very extensive HUD as an option with a tech package and leave the dash on the screen for the cheaper version. It would save a lot of money over a traditional dash or a digital one like on the current cars.

Remember this is just this a prototype mockup it will still have to have an instrument panel in front of the driver if not the driver would have to keep looking to the right and their eyes wound be leaving the driving area.
Mini coopers have the speedometer in the center of the dash. Prius has it the center as well, its closer to the windshield, but it's still the center. I don't see the issue with it here in the Model 3

Alright I'm going to pull a donald trump here. "After I study the subject more... "

After looking at more pictures, here are my thoughts on the exterior looks. This way you guys know where my dislikes of the concept is coming from. Keep in mind the tesla guy said this is pretty close to the final version so I am not sure how much they will tweak before release. I suspect they are more focus on getting the factory tooled up for the Model 3 than making the tweaks to make it look better.

Front view: Definitely needs to change.
Front side view: Please get rid of those mock-Porsche look.
Rear view: OK, not bad can improve.
Rear side view: OK, but can be better.
Sides view: Leave alone.
Top front down view: Please get rid of those mock-Porsche look.
Top rear down: Generic, but most likely OK, no one is going to see it at this angle anyways.

I'll defer to those of you who have had a car with that configuration. I've only driven a Mini on a test drive.

I think perhaps the plan is to have a very extensive HUD as an option with a tech package and leave the dash on the screen for the cheaper version. It would save a lot of money over a traditional dash or a digital one like on the current cars.
A HUD would be kickass. The Mini has a tach in front of the driver with a multi-purpose trip computer display. I usually leave it set as a digital speedo so I'm not constantly looking to the right.

For this to have 215 mile range, autopilot, insanly futuristic interior and, oh by the way it looks better than a $58,000 Porsche.
I find your comparison to the prius to be quite *poultry

Haha fair enough. Just my initial response (my previous car was a Prius). This car blows everything out of the water in the same price range, no question about it. We're just mincing meat here... Totally agree the Model 3 looks like a baby Panamera upfront (a big compliment!)

IMO Tesla just did their best car/launch event ever:

1. Communication to owners prior to the event were frequent,clear and mostly consistent.

2. Elon showed up on time!

3. Franz did a great job of evoking Tesla family design cues: roadster nose, model S silhouette and Model X roofline/glass. Also very nice that Franz was the one to introduce Elon.

4. The entire build up to the event was epic. Allowing reservations to be made before the reveal creating big lines at the stores was unheard of previously in the car industry. This led to being able to announce 115,000 reservations at the event for a product no one had seen!

Kudos to Tesla. Now please just hunker down and deliver this awesome machine by the end of 2017 !

Is this matt one of stage different to the two gloss painted models? Looks at the door handles....

CapturFiles-01-00-2016_05.00.02.jpg