Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Keyfob updated on Tesla shop to include passive entry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully they offer us free upgrades to the original key...... I'm tired of Tesla completely shitting on their early adopters....

Please..

People were out 5000 overnight when 3P+ became “free”.

150 bucks in Tesla scale is not worth fretting over.

A Tesla early adopter is a Model S owner who paid 6 digits and doesn’t even have parking sensors.

Hopefully they offer us free upgrades to the original key...... I'm tired of Tesla completely shitting on their early adopters....

Does your smart phone provider give you a free upgrade every year a new model comes out, making your old one more obsolete ?

Why do you think Tesla owes you a free upgrade.
Entitled much .....?

YOU make the decision on whether or not a product is worth it to you at the time of purchase. What happens to the value of that product over time is the cost of being a consumer. What happens to the future purchase price of that product is the cost of being a consumer. If that product is then upgraded with additional features in the future, that's the cost of being a consumer.

You are owed NOTHING other than the actual product you paid for at the time of purchase. Nothing else.

If you don't like it, then don't buy the product in the first place.

Mine already shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. I can post some impressions when it arrives.

I also bought the first gen since I thought lack of passive entry was a limitation of the car, not the fob. Well, still happy to be upgrading if it works well. If passive entry ends up being as flakey as my phone, I'll be pretty upset and ask for a refund.

My impression was that once a fob was keyed to a car - it couldn't be re-keyed to another. It was locked in for good. At least that is how it worked with Model S fobs.

This is from the Model 3 Owner's Manual - Version May 16, 2019:

"Note: You can use the same key fob with multiple Model 3 vehicles provided you authenticate it (see Managing Keys on page 10). However, key fob works with only one Model 3 at a time. Therefore, to use a key fob for a different Model 3, touch its flat side against the card reader on the driver's side door pillar."

My impression was that once a fob was keyed to a car - it couldn't be re-keyed to another. It was locked in for good. At least that is how it worked with Model S fobs.
Nah, you can repair. I bought mine when they first came out and had that first vehicle totaled. Paired just fine to the replacement car.
Mine already shipped and will be delivered tomorrow. I can post some impressions when it arrives.

I also bought the first gen since I thought lack of passive entry was a limitation of the car, not the fob. Well, still happy to be upgrading if it works well. If passive entry ends up being as flakey as my phone, I'll be pretty upset and ask for a refund.
I so jelly with your west coast 1 day shipping. I won't see mine until next Thursday...

• Informative
Reactions: MacGreiner