Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you can have pre-purchased accessories like the protective film, mud flaps, wheel locks and garage door opener installed at delivery?
I called and asked where I'm picking it up and they said no, I was asking for wheel locks and the ppf film. They said I need to schedule an appointment with them but I live in CT and have to pick up in NY so ill just have to schedule with the one service center in CT after I pick up and hope it won't take forever to get in.

Reactions: hifixenthus
Guys, II am so close to the goal now, but contemplating switching color as it seems MSM is now an alternative to PW for no additional cost. Anyone changed their color after ordering? How much extra wait time did it add to your order?

There is no telling. I switched colors earlier this month from white to MSM and my EDD did not change at all, actually moved up a few extra days. On the other hand, I've seen people switch colors and wait a few extra months.

Reactions: In_the_process
Cincinnati, OH
Order Date Nov 8, white ext., black int., 18" wheels, no FSD
I got a VIN late December, but I placed a hold until January -- still hoping for some possible tax credits.
The hold came off Dec 31, with an EDD of March 8-31
A few days ago the EDD changed to Feb 1-15
Yesterday (Jan 22) the EDD changed to Feb 5-9, and I got a VIN (161XXX).
I have never gotten any communications from my SA, except for a brief phone call the day after I ordered. No texts, no emails, nothing.

BTW, the phone app tells me to see the last page of my MVPA for instructions to do a wire transfer for payment -- my MVPA has only one page, and no such instructions.

Reactions: ds335
Guys, II am so close to the goal now, but contemplating switching color as it seems MSM is now an alternative to PW for no additional cost. Anyone changed their color after ordering? How much extra wait time did it add to your order?
You should be fine but of course there is never a 100% guarantee. I switched from White to MSM, it had no effect at all. I think Red and Blue have longer wait times when compared to White and MSM.

Reactions: In_the_process
Cincinnati, OH
Order Date Nov 8, white ext., black int., 18" wheels, no FSD
I got a VIN late December, but I placed a hold until January -- still hoping for some possible tax credits.
The hold came off Dec 31, with an EDD of March 8-31
A few days ago the EDD changed to Feb 1-15
Yesterday (Jan 22) the EDD changed to Feb 5-9, and I got a VIN (161XXX).
I have never gotten any communications from my SA, except for a brief phone call the day after I ordered. No texts, no emails, nothing.

BTW, the phone app tells me to see the last page of my MVPA for instructions to do a wire transfer for payment -- my MVPA has only one page, and no such instructions.
I would text back to the original order text message you got and ask about delivery. That is how I scheduled my delivery date.

I spoke with Mt. Kisco today about a test drive and I asked the guy how many Model 3's has he seen coming in with the AMD chip and he said none. I was surprised. I know SA's are wrong plenty of times but I figured a person working at the store and assisting with deliveries would be different.

I spoke with Mt. Kisco today about a test drive and I asked the guy how many Model 3's has he seen coming in with the AMD chip and he said none. I was surprised. I know SA's are wrong plenty of times but I figured a person working at the store and assisting with deliveries would be different.

Even if he had seen them, he has zero incentive to tell you so. All this canceling and shuffling by people to try to get the new chip, etc. Their job is (just like every other car salesperson) to sell whats in front of them.

Much better chance of seeing whats going on by reviewing forums etc, than asking someone at a service center, unless you are personal friends with someone there.

Most likely because it takes 2 weeks+ to arrive to NY.

So no builds have arrived to NY except those before around 1/10.

Reactions: mnguy
I RECEIVED IT!!! FINALLY!!!! 🎉🎉🥰🥰 They delivered my new baby to my house yesterday afternoon! I love it!! It's making my garage smell like new car.

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom... that's the sound you hear when you're stopped in traffic, stuck in the wrong lane and cars in the other lanes next to you are flying by. That's the feeling when others get their Model 3 in less time than you. Your first reaction is anger...anger at yourself. Why am I in the wrong lane (why did I choose white seats?). How to handle being in the wrong lane? Take a deep breath and realize you will eventually get to your destination and will be as joyous as Viffer who has the courage to express true feelings. Good for you!

I haven't driven it around yet, as I'm trying to get these issues resolved first so I can have PPF installed on it. I'm scared of rock chips messing up my car.
Get out and drive it! You need to check for rattles or unpleasant surprises. Hopefully there will be none.

Reactions: Viffer