Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure there is an official/consistent way but I think it may be based off recent vins others have reported recently. Opensource has Tesla reached out to you yet to schedule delivery? If so what was the delivery window they gave to you? If they haven’t reached out yet, it may be more likely new given proximity to the factory.
Not yet, received VIN today, so expecting a call tomorrow. But yes, EDD was updated to 1/10-1/15.

Sorry if my question sounds ignorant - been lurking here for a few weeks (wanted to see what everyone's experience was like and I'm hoping to order on 4/20 for the memes and have it land sometime near my birthday), for those who are trying to basically win the CPU lottery and/or qualify for a future EV credit, would switching from the cash or finance option to the leasing option not be a viable solution?

Lease a 2022 M3 LR, and if you get the Intel Atom, or the old 12V battery, or miss out on a future EV credit, you could drive it for 6 months, then order a late-2022 M3 LR and then do an early lease return (Tesla doesn't do lease buyouts AFAIK, buy why would you if there's new hardware) after receiving your (new) M3 with a significant hardware upgrade (since it looks like retrofitting is not an option)?

Would anyone consider doing this (IIRC generally leasing is usually more expensive)?

Delivery scheduled for Monday.
The wait is almost over.
OD: 09/16
EDD1: 11/01 12/01
EDD2: 11/8 - 11/10
received VIN 11/06
placed order on hold until 1/1
12/28 EDD shows TBD until 1/3

1/3 got new VIN, new EDD 1/5-1/9
scheduled delivery 1/10

this is for a LR/19' - Bay Area

so I got a text that the car is in transit and will be late so they re-scheduled it two days later. Not really sure why they have to ship the car from Fremont to Sunnyvale (15 miles away). I would have liked to go to Fremont (only 5mi from my place) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And here I am on the first day of my window with no VIN, no texts, nothing. Fully expecting another pushed EDD when I wake up tomorrow.
😔

M3LR Blue/Black/18”/No FSD
OD: Sept 7, 2021
Advertised EDD before order: Oct ’21
9/7 EDD: Oct 22-Nov 21
10/23 EDD: Nov 4-Dec 2
10/29 Hold Placed
12/19 Hold Released
12/20 EDD: Jan 8-Feb 5
12/24 EDD: Jan 4-Jan 18
12/29 EDD: Jan 4-Feb 1
12/31 EDD: Jan 9-Jan 23
1/10 EDD: Jan 22-Feb 19

I've seen some Tesla reps tell people they can't see that information, though multiple I talked to at the cincinnati location have told me they have access to see which chip it has.

So I guess some just don't know where to find it or don't want to deal with it.

Super interesting. I’m assuming they can only find this information out after a VIN has been created. I’ll definitely email by rep when that happens and see if she can let me know.

Hi Richapps,

I am in the same boat. Similar specs as yours. Delivery from NJ to NH. Ordered 11/12/2021. No updates, no vin. EDD has veen TBD since beginning of december.
Thanks! Mine went from EDD March back to TBD which is strange. SA told me via text that the EDD will keep jumping and that he expects a closer estimate in a week or 2. I just want to be sure I wasn't put at the back of the line after lifting the hold.

Some more info on the Ryzen Processor which states:

"New changes will be gradually phased into all Tesla Model 3/Y by the end of Q2 2022"

and

"No AMD Ryzen Retrofits For Older Tesla Model 3/Y"

They don't have any info that we didn't already have. They got the info from Sawyer Merritt same as we did so they just typed "end" instead of "by" Q2 2022.

These EV and Tesla websites just report on the same info we already have (i.e. they don't have any special sources),

FWIW, I tried to place a 2nd hold on my 10/29 order I had initially put on hold till 2 Jan (hold since expired) and EDD of 18 Jan - 1 Feb. Tesla emailed me back saying they could not place my order on hold again since it was already placed on hold once. I actually have a legit reason for requesting a 2nd hold this time (minor rear ending, repairs via insurance still pending) but they said they would try to "work with me".
So seems Tesla is not approving hold requests if you've already had your order placed on hold before.

FWIW, I tried to place a 2nd hold on my 10/29 order I had initially put on hold till 2 Jan (hold since expired) and EDD of 18 Jan - 1 Feb. Tesla emailed me back saying they could not place my order on hold again since it was already placed on hold once. I actually have a legit reason for requesting a 2nd hold this time (minor rear ending, repairs via insurance still pending) but they said they would try to "work with me".
So seems Tesla is not approving hold requests if you've already had your order placed on hold before.
Per order details, they can cancel your order after 90 days from initiation. Maybe they are trying to save you 250.

After I placed my hold last November, I got a text message that I need to take the next car they build for me after my hold ends and that otherwise they will cancel my order. I also interpreted this that they are not going to do a 2nd hold. But unless you are passed your 90-day window from your order date, I guess you could reject a VIN and be put back in line without putting another hold. You might want to check with Tesla if that is an option or not.

After I placed my hold last November, I got a text message that I need to take the next car they build for me after my hold ends and that otherwise they will cancel my order. I also interpreted this that they are not going to do a 2nd hold. But unless you are passed your 90-day window from your order date, I guess you could reject a VIN and be put back in line without putting another hold. You might want to check with Tesla if that is an option or not.

My 90 day window would end sometime around the end of this month. Honestly, I'm fine with eating $250 (was worth a gamble in case BBB was passed) but whatever ends up happening, I'll be fine with it. Still don't have a VIN yet.

Just received my VIN in the Tesla app. Have yet to accept the "Tesla Vision" agreement, but will do that shortly. My original OD was 9/13 so seemingly no further opportunity to delay delivery given I am well past the 90 mark and I have already held up delivery until the new year.

My own research as well as posts I have read here have convinced me of the merits of the new AMD Ryzen processor so there is a part of me which wants to delay my order or cancel and reorder. I will go through the motions of asking my SA whether or not my car has the updated processor or not, but I suspect he will plead ignorance. Too bad there is no other apparent way short of actually completing the purchase to find out whether or not I have been a winner in the updated processor lottery...